PDA

View Full Version : Sportec Mods

buzz
April 4th, 2006, 21:55
Hi All,

I just wanted to share with you my newest modification to the beast. Sportec extra cooling kit. The kit is in process of instalation and will keep you updated. The kit includes two larger intercoolers with two seperate coolers for gearbox and engine. ECU and GCU Upgrades, Pics attached, also a lowering kit. I will keep you guys posted after installation.

Buzz:addict:

buzz
April 4th, 2006, 21:58
Note the bigger lower front Grilles, Fog Lights will have to go. Not that we get a lot of Fog:D

buzz
April 4th, 2006, 22:02
The complete Kit.

Benman
April 4th, 2006, 22:56
Extremely nice looking!:thumb: Really, fog lights have to go? Bummer. Otherwise, very sweet! And CF tunnels vs plastic, a great touch!

Ben:addict:

gjg
April 5th, 2006, 06:45
the two separate coolers for gearbox and engine sounds interesting - specially the gearbox cooling .....

Mr Balsen
April 5th, 2006, 07:08
Removing the fog lights is a cheap and efficient way to increase the efficicency of the intercoolers.....

Cheers,
Frederic

JAXRS6
April 5th, 2006, 07:17
I would miss the fog lights a little, not a lot. They don't make nearly as much difference as the ones on my Crossfire, and I seldom encounter fog anyway. I'd gladly trade them for a cooler engine compartment.

Is this kit going to be available in the US? Through whom, and do you know the price and/or when?

Erik
April 5th, 2006, 08:11
That is a very cool mod.

Please posts pics from front of the car before and after. :cool2:

buzz
April 5th, 2006, 13:01
Today A lot of progress Has been made, The full kit is installed, I am attaching one picture for the Grille after removing the foglights.

The Kit can be obtained from Sportec, Try their site www.sportec.ch they have an excellent service, and the person who arranged the whole thing is Mr. Thomas Hofer. I had my ECU & GCU shipped to them for the 505 Hp upgrade. With the cooling kit and according to them I would get extra 15 hp's for a total of 520. Can't wait to drive it.:addict:

buzz
April 5th, 2006, 13:05
Extra Vents in the lower engine cover

buzz
April 5th, 2006, 13:07
This an image they sent me as part of the documentation they send along with the kit

Mr Balsen
April 5th, 2006, 16:35
Very interesting pictures.

I suppose those vents on the lower engine cover are extracting the heat from the engine bay ?

Can you take pictures of the stock intercooler vs Sportec Intercooler ? Same with gearbox cooling system ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

buzz
April 5th, 2006, 18:37
I had a very quick spin in the car to day the Mods do work, The car is really fast, the suspension feels sporty and the car has better dynamics. The temp issue is gone and you can really feel the torque and the pull.

I am attaching pics for th car after lowering and the grilles which give the car more agresive look. and the engine under panel after mounting it.

I will submit a full report with full pictures once I get the interior Carbon fiber fitted, and finally get it detailed.

buzz:rs6kiss:

buzz
April 5th, 2006, 18:39
Mouted lower engine cover

nene
April 5th, 2006, 19:27
It looks good. Something to consider.

mi021le
April 6th, 2006, 00:46
im intrested. keep up the pics and posts. ive been looking at the mod for a year. there was another guy that had it and he loved it. :addict:

Vegasguy
April 6th, 2006, 02:55
Ahhh... not to be a pest, but $6900 for 2 intercoolers, some hoses, carbon fiber and a tranny cooler?

Is it just me or does this seem a little expensive?

Pete

mi021le
April 6th, 2006, 04:58
its all about parts. the price of them. theres alot of specific developement that has to go into our cars. that cant be used on anyothers. but intercoolers, oilcoolers, thats like 4k or 4.5 k. the rest is mis. parts. cf doesnt come cheep. shiping from there to here. its crazy how that can build up. but i bet its worth it. especially in SA. . i mean heats a issue we all have.

chutia
April 6th, 2006, 05:29
Buzz-
Outstanding effort and thanks for the "real-time" pix. So, you are in Saudi Arabia (obviously very hot and dry there): is that (among other reasons) why you decided to go w/ these mods?

Also, how hot did your car run before you did the mods?

Finally, for any member who knows: will simply removing the front fog lights increase cooling?

thanks.

buzz
April 6th, 2006, 13:28
Thanks Guys for the compliments,

To answer few questions, I think that this Modification is really needed especially in hot and dry climates, we all know that once the RS6 engine gets hot it no longer performs as it should. Give it a cold climate and you have a beast to Master.

I had the heat issue since I bought the car last summer and I noticed that very early in the morning the car performs much better.

I have done a lot of research and asked a lot of questions and got a lot of answers of which some were through this forum, a nd I thank all of you for your help.

So far I have driven the car from AUDI workshop who installed the Mods back to the house and felt a lot of difference. I am still waiting on drilled brake discs and my Floor mats with the RS6 logo. I beleive that this modification is a must to all members living in hot climates and it is worth every penny.

I will post more pics soon as requested.

Buzz:rs6kiss:

cc
June 28th, 2006, 01:19
Buzz,

nice work - a little jealous of the mods.

silly question - the car in the pics with the dark 5 spoke wheels - are the wheels gunmetal? What wheels are they? How close in color are they to the Gray?
thx!

buzz
June 28th, 2006, 13:01
HI CC,

The wheels on the car are original 19 inch wheels that come in this color straight from AUDI GMBH. Here is the part number for your reference:

Wheels:

4B3 601 025 Q 8AU

Center Cap:

4B0 601 170 7ZJ

Since the last mods I have removed fully the DRC and installed Bilstein PSS9 and man what a difference. You can lower the car change the damping settings and the best thing of all no more bouncing and leaks!!!!

Best regards to all.

Buzz

Aronis
June 28th, 2006, 13:30
Originally posted by buzz
HI CC,

installed Bilstein PSS9 and man what a difference. You can lower the car change the damping settings and the best thing of all no more bouncing and leaks!!!!

Buzz

That's what I like to hear....

Mike

RS6Black
June 29th, 2006, 15:51
Where would one go about obtaining this kit? Being a Florida resident, I have to deal with considerable amounts of heat that I would like not to. :addict:

buzz
June 29th, 2006, 15:59
Hi RS6Black,

Try contacting them through their website:

www.sportec.ch

or contact Mr. Thomas Hofer his e mail is:

thomas.hofer@sportec.ch

Buzz

paulhiggs
January 7th, 2007, 00:41
I just looked over the Sportec.ch website and found the US contact to be

Rival Motorsport, LLC
525 Plum Street, Suite 505, Syracuse, NY 13204
Phone +1 315 299 71 26, Fax +1 315 299 71 26
E-Mail: info@rivalmotorsport.com
Web: www.rivalmotorsport.com
Sales coordinator: Mr. Scott Fiesinger

Vegasguy
January 7th, 2007, 01:54
I spoke with Scott a few times when I was considering some Sportec 10's. Very nice guy to deal with and very responsive to phone calls and E-mails.
Pete

CornersWell
January 7th, 2007, 04:48
+1 for Scott at Rival.

CW

DetailersDomain
January 7th, 2007, 18:32
2nd Scott at Rival!

CornersWell
January 9th, 2007, 02:47
Pyiu,

What tires are you running on your Sportec's? You have the 20x9's, right? I have a set, too, and will need to mount up new tires. The old tires are BFG's and aren't wide enough. Moreover, they are far too noisy.

Thanks,

CW

DetailersDomain
January 9th, 2007, 02:51
Conti Sport Contact 2's

255 30 20

CornersWell
January 9th, 2007, 15:33
Thanks, pyiu.

Any thoughts on the Contis?

CW

DetailersDomain
January 9th, 2007, 16:59
I personally like them my next move might be the Conti 3's.

sechsgang
July 4th, 2007, 17:06
How could I get all the stuff sans intercooler?

emc2rs4
July 5th, 2007, 03:08
consider the q'ty of RS6 and the time they put in to development.
I think that's OK for me though.

for instance, it would cost about $300~600 just to change a corner light cover for Porsche if my memory serves me right when I heard it and shocked:doh:
correct me if I were wrong, tks ^^

this can develop into a full ecomonic class for supply & demand though ;)

Ahhh... not to be a pest, but $6900 for 2 intercoolers, some hoses, carbon fiber and a tranny cooler?

Is it just me or does this seem a little expensive?

Pete