PDA

View Full Version : AOA reply re DRC problem

JAXRS6
April 4th, 2006, 21:09
OK, to help this make sense, here's the hand written note I faxed to the AOA guy(s) as noted in a thread from last month:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
My RS6 -- the 5th Audi I've owned -- has required replacement of some DRC components twice, @ approx. 32K and 50K miles. Service advisor tells me the valve alone is $1K, and since shocks are not covered under the Pure Protection Platinum (best) plan I bought from my selling dealer, I am very concerned.

My factory warranty already has been extended, to 62K mi, and I am grateful for that. Still, the DRC problems are so frequent, why not do the right thing and go to a 7/70 factory warranty for everyone's RS6 DRC system? That's what AOA did for owners of the 2000 S4 (B5) and their frequently failing MAF filters, and I for one appreciated it! Kept me on board at Audi.

I look forward to your reply.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I added a PS indicating that my tech at Suncoast in Sarasota said they had DRC repairs on two other RS6s. Included my VIN, date of delivery and cell phone #.

The AOA reply, dated March 22, arrived (forwarded) a few days ago. The main text reads in full:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) system in your 2003 Audi RS6.

"Having experienced multiple repairs with this system, I can certainly empathize with your concern. However, as your letter states, we have already provided you an additional 12-months and 12,000-miles of factory warranty coverage for those items not cover (sic) by the Audi PURE Protection extended service contract.

"Separately, I am fully aware of the Internet posting directing customers to write Mr. de Nysschen or myself because of a perception that there is an inherent problem with the DRC system in the 2003 Audi RS6. As with any vehicle concern, we are confident of the abilities of our factory trained technicians to perform any unnecessary repairs. Should a future concern arise, we would ask that you bring the concern to the attention of an authorized Audi RS6 servicing dealer. They have the training, tools and access to the latest technical information.

"I appreciate your allowing me the opportunity to comment on your concerns."

Signed by James Cruse, After Sales Regional Coordinator, Central Region, NY & PA. That's not my region, but my letter was addressed to him or Mr. de Nysschen, per the original thread suggesting that we write to them...which is here:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8610

I'm glad they wrote back, at least -- some mfrs wouldn't -- but I see some conflict within the reply. Does anyone else?

nene
April 4th, 2006, 21:19
For one thing we do have confirmation that they read our posting. HMMMMMM! Is this good or bad news?

JAXRS6
April 4th, 2006, 21:27
Originally posted by nene
For one thing we do have confirmation that they read our posting. HMMMMMM! Is this good or bad news?

Good news for those of us who want AOA/Audi to be aware of our concerns and problems, likes and dislikes :thumb:

Bad news for owners who mod and worry about being "found out" on a forum if their mod creates a problem:MTM:

Actually, though, the reply doesn't mean they monitor forums daily. It could mean that once they started hearing from us, they went to the thread that started it all.

gjg
April 4th, 2006, 21:38
Originally posted by JAXRS6

because of a perception that there is an inherent problem with the DRC system in the 2003 Audi RS6.

gents, lets not make any mistakes here - this probles exists on 2004 as well as my partner had his valves and shocks already replced - and he went (in the beginning) through same exercise as Aronic with incompetent stealer, improperly presurized system and screwed shocks after first replacement.

And, they have changed the shocks agaqi on his car this January.

Manufacruting date 03/2004.

So, whatever this nice AoA rep states, is bs - and I am also amazed how he brushed the letter off by saying:

"Separately, I am fully aware of the Internet posting directing customers to write Mr. de Nysschen or myself because of a perception that there is an inherent problem with the DRC system in the 2003 Audi RS6.[/B]

the way I read this is - you think that you can make a case? ha ha.

Further - the statement
we are confident of the abilities of our factory trained technicians to perform any unnecessary repairs. is a hogwash as I can personally testify how "skilled" and "trained" technical service they have in Europe, 4 hours form the factory. Comon. :doh:

I have no doubts that many Audi dealers are honest and hardworking people and qualified technicians - however, as the experience on the board shows, when it comes to RS6 there i s a lot of room for improvement ..... :argue:

Spam16v
April 4th, 2006, 22:55
Originally posted by nene

more than you know.... big brother is everywhere, i got refered to poke around myself being a tech. in a VW enthusiest myself and an Audi tech and baby sitting the better part of the RS6's at my dealer i decided to dig around and say hi. im not out to get you, im on your side. but my hands are tied, only so much i can do to help you.

Benman
April 4th, 2006, 23:05
Originally posted by gjg
gents, lets not make any mistakes here - this probles exists on 2004 as well as my partner had his valves and shocks already replced

Manufacruting date 03/2004.

So, whatever this nice AoA rep states, is bs - and I am also amazed how he brushed the letter off by saying:

the way I read this is - you think that you can make a case? ha ha.

Further - the statement is a hogwash as I can personally testify how "skilled" and "trained" technical service they have in Europe, 4 hours form the factory. Comon. :doh:

I have no doubts that many Audi dealers are honest and hardworking people and qualified technicians - however, as the experience on the board shows, when it comes to RS6 there i s a lot of room for improvement ..... :argue: [/B]

These are some good points. I agree that most are good people but it does seem to be a brush off and a little "what are you going to do about it" attitude. The man who was told by AOA to contact me, was extremely polite and professional, but in the end, wasn't able to do much other than offer condolenses and "assure" me that AOA was doing everything possible to correct the problem. If they have full confidence in the mechanics, then why is the problem still here? If its communication problems with Germany, then fix it!

Ben:addict:

Aronis
April 5th, 2006, 04:17
I've been away for a few days, catching up now.

Although my car is drivable (safe) and stable it is NOT back to original spec as far as I am concerned.

I am getting my summer tires on this week or next week to do a more thorough review, but the state of my suspension is nothing near the stiffness as it was when new.

I think the 'real fix' to this system will come soon, there appears to be some fine point missing in the factory 'spec' vs what the setup was when it actually left the factory.

Perhaps Audi is thinking "Why the hell did we make this RS6 car thing?"

Mike

gjg
April 5th, 2006, 06:35
Mike, this was the same with my partner's car - after going to different dealer where the techs actually called the factory for confirmation car was back to original next day.... :thumb:

So, there is a way if there is a will. As Ben pointed out there are some "reserves" on AoA' side when it comes to communicating to their dealers, not to mention the on time availability of spare parts.

And this is nothing new, some guys on board experienced the same bs with the S4/S6 in 90's (btdt) ..:doh:

Hy Octane
April 5th, 2006, 06:50
we are confident of the abilities of our factory trained technicians to perform any unnecessary repairs.

Excuse me.. but why do our factory trained techinicians perform "unnecessary repairs"?

JAXRS6
April 5th, 2006, 07:07
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Excuse me.. but why do our factory trained techinicians perform "unnecessary repairs"?

Oops :rolleyes: That's my error, from when I re-typed the letter. The wording should be "the necessary repairs." Sorry. :noshake: Glad you caught it, though!

Aronis
April 5th, 2006, 12:07

I saw that typo, but I don't think it was a typo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fruedian slip.

Mike

Benman
April 5th, 2006, 16:05

Paul, will you be at the H Sport meet this Saturday? It would be a good chance to take back to back rides in each others RS 6s to compare ride stiffness. (Related to topic:p ).

Hy Octane
April 5th, 2006, 17:26
Hey Ben!
Cant make Saturday.. But it really dosent need a comapro.. After driving this car for almost 2 years every day, I know it to be a fact that the DRC is all wrong.. Its like a completely different car..
If the DRC is suppoosed to stop body lean in turns and cancel dive and squat on acceleration and braking, then it isnt working cause I now have all those features on my car that the DRC is meant to cancel out..
Hope to see you soon tho and thanx for the offer..
I have AoA sending out their roving tech week after next to try and return it to spec..as well as fix the boost prob again..

yawn..:incar: :rs4addict

Benman
April 5th, 2006, 17:35
Hey Ben!
Cant make Saturday..
I have AoA sending out their roving tech week after next to try and return it to spec..as well as fix the boost prob again..

yawn..:incar: :rs4addict

Best of luck Paul.:cheers:

BBGT2
April 5th, 2006, 17:37
Originally posted by Spam16v
more than you know.... big brother is everywhere, i got refered to poke around myself being a tech. in a VW enthusiest myself and an Audi tech and baby sitting the better part of the RS6's at my dealer i decided to dig around and say hi. im not out to get you, im on your side. but my hands are tied, only so much i can do to help you.

Oh crap I have been found out, I have my car putting out 1000 hp due to mods.
I hope audi still warrantees the car when the need be :D :D .

I think the main and biggest problem with getting our RS6's fixed right is lack of knoweldge on the tech side and its not their fault if they are not taught its AOA's fault. Oh well whatever will be will be. Def. thinking HARD if Audi is going to be my next car.

Bajo:addict:

Audihead
April 5th, 2006, 18:04
Sweet, and we get the new updated version of this DRC in the RS4!:0: :doh: :D

Aronis
April 5th, 2006, 19:39
Originally posted by Bajors6
I think the main and biggest problem with getting our RS6's fixed right is lack of knoweldge on the tech side and its not their fault if they are not taught its AOA's fault. Oh well whatever will be will be. Def. thinking HARD if Audi is going to be my next car.Bajo:addict:

I agree, and certainly that is understandable, but what is not understandable is their apparent disregard for input from the USERS of their car! Usually a car enthusiast knows more about the car than the dealer!

My first two years with this car were great, the last two will be 'ok' but the car is not the same and probably will not be unless I spend 5 grand on an aftermarket suspension...not interested!

I still am hopefull that a true solution will be found and I suspect that when the next batch of DRC's go THOSE customers will make me look like a saint by their reponse to Audi. They may bitch about my fax to AOA headquarters but I at least never tore anyone a new one at the dealership. I feel there are those here who will do just that when their turn comes! If it does....

Mike

BBGT2
April 5th, 2006, 20:42
Originally posted by Aronis
I feel there are those here who will do just that when their turn comes! If it does....

Mike

Mike you are a Saint when it comes to what you have had to do deal with Audi to just fix your car UNDER WARRANTY (purposely caps for the aoa snoops) If it was a customer pay situation your bill would have been $10k and would have included ALL of the parts needed from the gitgo. Audi really needs to wake up and realize its us THE CUSTOMER that got them where they are today as far as sucess in the sales dept.
I for one would do everything possible to stuff the car down their throats until they got it right, and I for one would be PO as you are about the ride being soft, I dont want my RS6 to feel like a regular A6 4.2, if I did I wouldnt have bought a car that was almost $90k when new.
Reading your posts I am so pissed and feel so bad for what you had to go thru to get your car fixed and STILL not have it the way it's supposed to feel and drive. THAT IS NOT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, that is a temporary fix and unless they disclose WHY the DRC is the way you and HyOctane say it is and why its not at the level of firmness that the original system was.
Was it a design flaw, Did they know about it, I would love for them to say yes or even maybe as that would be a recall and given that the RS4 is also equipped with the DRC system they would be F****d.
I aplogize if I sound harsh but what has been going on with this DRC is not acceptable not even if it happened to 2 cars which it hasnt but many more.
I know that AOA doesnt care about 1 customer but we have 5 Audi's in my immediate familiy and have convinced at least 3 times that many people to buy audi. That can stop asap.
Not many people but at least 20 people here and there and then those people spread the word... you get the point.
So AOA get of your a**ses and do something right.

Bajo:w:

Edited: I did get a letter in the mail from AOA assuring me the DRC system is not a worry and if feel something is wrong to take it in ASAP, no kidding.
Thanks for the words of wisdom.

JAXRS6
April 5th, 2006, 22:11
Originally posted by Bajors6
I did get a letter in the mail from AOA assuring me the DRC system is not a worry ....

Care to share what they wrote?

Aronis
April 5th, 2006, 22:16
response from Audi in Germany.

Aronis
April 5th, 2006, 22:17
that was the response from a letter my dad sent them.

They ASSured us that they would fix the car....oh well...

Mike

JavierNuvolari
April 5th, 2006, 22:37
Originally posted by Aronis
that was the response from a letter my dad sent them.

They ASSured us that they would fix the car....oh well...

Mike

So...how did it go? did they fix your car?

Cheers,

Javier

Aronis
April 5th, 2006, 22:47
as above, in a word no.

It's drivable, but too soft....not an RS or S car suspension, more like a regular A6 ride.

I've given up on it ever being back to normal, too many other things going on in life to worry anymore about this bs.

I am interested in keeping up to date on what other's are going through, as I still think the correct fix will come......

Mike:trash:

BBGT2
April 7th, 2006, 17:20
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Care to share what they wrote?

Sure, as soon as I find it I read it and all I saw was blah, blah, blah. I will find, scan and post.

Bajo:addict:

Spam16v
April 8th, 2006, 03:33
Mike that was REALLY F*****G lame of Audi to send you a letter passing the blame. if Hartford is reasonably close or closer than some other places for you the rep that worked on your car previously (to remain nameless in public) lives very close to here (less than 20 minutes) and im sure would look at your car further to keep the situation at bay. if that appeals drop me a line and i'll put you in touch with the right channels and get you a loaner.

-Zac
Spam16v@gmail.com