PDA

View Full Version : US - RS4 Delays?

S4Aero
March 31st, 2006, 03:26
A thread at AW is reporting that Audi has delayed US introduction until August. :eek:

No reason is stated, nor has any REAL confirmation been added. Has anyone here heard anything from their dealer. I will certainly be on the phone in the morning!

I'll wait, but sheeeeesh...

Wavehogger
March 31st, 2006, 05:21
Ok so I just read the other Forum... hope it's not true.. :(

Benman
March 31st, 2006, 15:46
I know the car has had delays (and was same story for RS 6), but I doubt that is true. Seems too delayed. I wouldn't count on that until more people start reporting the same thing.

Like I say, "Hope for the Best, but Plan for the Worse".

Ben:addict:

tailpipe
March 31st, 2006, 16:58
I uploaded a post months ago that said this would happen. Sorry, guys, but this was a natural and inevitable consequence of the delay to the car 's introduction in Europe. It was originally meant to to start arriving last September.

By July 2005, if not before, quattro GmbH realised that engine reliability was not what it should be, (cylinder heads melting etc.) and asked Audi started to redesign various components. I don't know whether anyone on the board knows for sure, but I hear that power has been slightly reduced while the cooling has been improved including increasing the air flow into the engine bay.

Updated components were tested and perfected between September and December 2005, hence no RS4 Avant at Frankfurt. The final production model spec was signed-off at the end of January 2006 and production commenced immediately afterwards.

No one within Audi would admit there was a problem let alone talk about the fix. Based on my piecing various stories together, what I have described is what happened.

At least the story ends well. This is a truly fantastic car.

Audihead
March 31st, 2006, 17:48
Then how could the VP of AoA just say on T.V. (Autoline Detroit) this past Sunday that deliveries will start at the end of May. This question was asked directly from the autmotive press to him @ the RS4. Something has got give here. If he was lying he will be torn up in the press for a product launch failure. I was told July 3rd for my buggy with Sprint Blue as my color choice. I guess only time will tell. I hope all the things flying around aren't true and we all get our cars sooner than expected.:rs4addict

S4Aero
March 31st, 2006, 18:02
looks like the rumors are indeed true. damn! just spoke with my dealer who "didn't know anything about it". He checked his system and #&%! - delivery at the end of July. He's "doing some research" and will get back to me...