Aronis
March 31st, 2006, 01:21
M5 all the way.

Mike

AndyBG
March 31st, 2006, 01:24
Originally posted by bober3
:incar: :rs6kiss: an 469 hp e55 amg

Last time i checked that one it was 476 hp, anyway, i don't now, maybe E 55, it has that AWESOME sound and BIG power potential, only down side is old 5 speed gearbox and litle bit ''sterile'' drive, but E 55 would be my second choice after RS6!

:rs6kiss:

Benman
March 31st, 2006, 02:33
WAY distant second choice: M5.

Ben:addict:

Aronis
March 31st, 2006, 02:39
Originally posted by Benman
WAY distant second choice: M5.

So you're picking the MB?

Mike

AudiTumbo
March 31st, 2006, 09:10
This should be moved to "All high-performance cars " since it has nothing to do with RS6.

AndyBG
March 31st, 2006, 14:53
Originally posted by AudiTumbo
This should be moved to "All high-performance cars " since it has nothing to do with RS6.

I agree.

Benman
March 31st, 2006, 15:40
Originally posted by Aronis
So you're picking the MB?

Mike

To clarify: Ist choice: :rs6kiss:

Way Distant second choice: M5

March 31st, 2006, 21:44
I would go for the E55!

Everytime the SAT-NAV interupted the Radio or CD I was listening to, I wanted to shoot the dash board! I hated that car soooooo much, its just a shame that it is such a good drive, but so is the E55!

Its an acquired taste, I think anyway. More exclusive aswell, you don't see many of them around, whereas where I live anyway every second car is an M5 or some sort of BMW!

E55 all the way! (after the RS6 or RS4, obviously)

007 :rs4addict

Aronis
April 1st, 2006, 21:40
Just road in a new M5....

Very Nice...

Compaired to my RS6.....

I'll take the M5 anyday....

That's My RS6 with the A6 suspension.

After weeks and weeks of DRC 'repair' and finally getting the car back in a 'Stable' suspension situation, I know it's not back to spec.

I need to see someone else's RS6 up close to compair.

As far as I recall, my RS6 was every bit as stiff as my dad's M5 when you push on a fender. I can still easily move my car at all four corners, easier than I can move my wife's Subaru Tribeca.

I tried to be optimistic about it, but I am sure it is not right.

It rides ok on the highway and is much better than just before they changed the front shocks at last, but it is not normal. I need to push down on the fenders of another RS6 to see. I recall it being as stiff as an S4 (which I pushed on at the dealership). Maybe I am wrong?

Mike

I wish I had my RS6 back, but it's not all there.

BBGT2
April 2nd, 2006, 00:31
I would go for the E55, YES the E55 even though I was looking at the M5/M6 cars.
I have read WAY too many horror stories about the SMG tranny that makes Aronis's ordeal seem sedate.
Ie: Picking up your M5 driving it for 2k miles and having it sit at the dealer for 3 MONTHS waiting for an update on the programming of the SMG module, HA !
No Thanks.
However to be fair to the Bimmer (cant belive I typed that, sheesh) the 6 speed manual should alleviate some of the worries of the SMG.

Just my humble .03 cents !

Bajo:addict:

AndyBG
April 2nd, 2006, 00:49
Anyway, why are we talking about this wehn MB don't produce E 55 AMG any more, now there is E 63 AMG, correct me if i am wrong.

And i would get E 63, over M5 also!

eazy
April 2nd, 2006, 09:31
As i know the E63 will not be produced yet. I also haven't read any road-test about it.

According to the official AMG-Site the E55 is still available.

greetings

eazy

absent
April 2nd, 2006, 11:28
Had E55 and put 7k miles on it ,had M5 and put close to 6k miles on it,loved both,first faster in short spurts from light to light,the latter unbeatable on highway.
M5 had no problems whatsoever,and was a daily dose of adrenaline rush,never boring,always fun ,with "novelty" factor never wearing off.
If had to choose now,would go for M definitely,even with a large premium over E.
Still missing M5.....

AndyBG
April 2nd, 2006, 14:25
Originally posted by eazy

According to the official AMG-Site the E55 is still available.

Ok, that is my mistake, but few months ago ''auto-motor-sport.de'', had some article about that engine swap. Maybe it will take place later in the year, maybe not.

All best, Andy

:thumb: