PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - about to buy an RS6

RS6bird
March 29th, 2006, 11:46
Hi guys,

I am about to buy an RS6 in Germany, w/o seeing the car. It is at an official Audi dealership and only has 7,600 miles. The car is a 2003 model. Is there anyhting in particular I should look out for?

The other day I drove an RS6 around town (Madrid) and after some acceleration and then traffic, the engine fans sounded pretty loud. Is this normal?

I'm waiting on some answers about the car, but once (if) I buy, I'll post pics.

Thanks!

GoFastKindaGuy
April 4th, 2006, 03:43
Just the rubber thing by your right foot. Hang on if you touch it. :rs6kiss:

Seriously: Watch for any miss fire or sluggishness. Some of us had a problem with improperly sealed induction systems or faulty waste gates. I now have 32,000 mi with no issues after the initial shake down.

nene
April 4th, 2006, 15:19
The engine bay gets pretty hot. I had the AC on this past weekend, and noticed that from the outside, it does sound pretty loud. However, once I punch the accelerator, I could not hear the fans anymore. I think the fan noise when AC is on is loud as it can be.

RS6bird
April 4th, 2006, 21:40
Thanks for the replies. I have bought the car and should get it in about two weeks. Here is a picture of the car...

The dealership tells me the kms are real and that the car is flawless.

RSbird

AndyBG
April 4th, 2006, 22:58
Great one you have there, congrat's, HAVE FUN!

:thumb:

SoCal
April 7th, 2006, 00:23
Congratulations! I am sure you will enjoy your new car.:rs6kiss:

JavierNuvolari
April 7th, 2006, 01:45
Nice looking ride mate, congrats on the new adquisition. Post pics as soon as you get it.

Cheers,

Javier

RS6Canuck
April 7th, 2006, 02:21
RS6Bird
I am picking my 2003 Daytona Gray/Silver RS6 up on Saturday, sight unseen as well.

8,000mi, fully loaded with CPO and according to the dealer "as new".

Welcome to the club!

RS6Canuck

chutia
April 7th, 2006, 18:53
I bought mine about 5 weeks ago. "CPO'ed" (what does stand for again?? completely PO'ed?? I think this CPO-crap is just a joke, really). "Immaculate, clean car." Low miles, blah, blah, right from a big dealership in Arizona, USA. No problems with the car, allegedly. Yeah, right.

Verdict: been in the "shop" now for 2 of those weeks with new problems being discovered and hopefully fixed. Oh, yes, the parts have to come from Germany.....>>>> then, what?!

nene
April 7th, 2006, 20:07
Congrats to all new RS6 owners on the board. Hopefully you will get a chance to enjoy the beast as many of us have.

Chutia, really awful that you've had some issues. Hopefully they will get fixed. Can you elaborate more on those issues you've encountered? Being that the RS6 is not really a very common car, we try to share as much as possible, for a good reason. As others may observe similar behaviors, they know exactly needs to be addressed, from other's experiences.

Thanks all. Congrats and welcome.

RS6bird
April 7th, 2006, 20:34
Thanks for the feedback guys! I have a hard time believing that an offical Audi dealership in Germany will sell me a bad car that only has 7,000 miles. They have inspected and serviced the car (oil, filters, etc) and tell me the car is excellent. They're also expecting me to pick the car up and drive it home (they don't know that I actually intend to ship it home by truck), so it should be ready to drive on the delivery date.

Chutia, please let us know what is wrong with your car...

Here are a couple more pics of the car:

RS6bird

RS6bird
April 7th, 2006, 20:35
And the last one....