PDA

View Full Version : Forum / Website upgrade - New ideas

Erik
March 28th, 2006, 21:26
OK...getting a new main website and homepage is not as easy as I had hoped. :rolleyes: *sigh*

So here is my new idea, got to get some progress:

Get rid of the main website www.RS6.com and focus on the forum www.RS6.com/forum which is by far the most active part anyway.
It has worked fine for the last 1 year or so...

Reasons why:
1) I have not enough time.
2) There are plenty of websites (thousands) where you can get the same information (official press releases)

This will mean that I have more time to focus on more special and unique things that are 'read here only.'

So the RS6.com upgrade would consist of upgrading to the latest vbulleting forum software, integrate the gallery with links and some other minor modifications.

Any comments or suggestions before I :mech: ?

Ruergard
March 28th, 2006, 21:37
Sounds good to me, the forum is the part that's been used the most on the sit so lay the work on that!

Go for it! :mech:

Benman
March 28th, 2006, 21:38
Originally posted by Erik

Get rid of the main website www.RS6.com
1) I have not enough time.
2) There are plenty of websites (thousands) where you can get the same information (official press releases)

Agree. Does anyone even check the main page nowadays? :D

Ben:addict:

AudiTumbo
March 28th, 2006, 22:05
I agree with you Eric. Stick to the forum.
Cause site like Fourtitude.com, cover the other part.
One thing, you should have a portal/mainpage on the forum. You know, kind of like germancarzone.com

eazy
March 28th, 2006, 22:28
You are right, the forum is the soul of rs6.com.

But i really liked the articles, for example the test s4 vs m3 or the one about the continental gt and the vids were cool, too.

I miss that things, ok now we have google-videos and driving-tests from our users and most of them are pretty good :)

But something is missing :cry:

greetings

eazy

Aronis
March 29th, 2006, 03:53
You mean there is something else on this website beside the forum? You're kidding right?

LOL

I have to admit I rarely go to the main route of this site. In fact my bookmark just goes to the forums.

It's basically up to you Erik, but I follow your logic and agree.

Mike