PDA

View Full Version : US Prices

Speedracer
March 12th, 2003, 02:28
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Here are the US prices: Basic car-$82,700; gas guzzler tax-$1300; destination charge $660; navigation-$1350; rear air bags $350; carbon fiber $300: sound enhancing exhaust $950; warm weather package $1000 (not positive about the last one because I wasn't interested in it, but I think it's right.) The gas guzzler tax and destination charges could change.

I'm thinking resale and am ordering the nav and rear airbags. I'd rather put the $950 towards a better aftermarket exhaust or rims. Daytona Gray, ebony interior, carbon fiber. Tomorrow I must commit. Any thoughts?

Benman
March 12th, 2003, 15:30
Speedracer:

thanks for the price quotes. your choice in color and options
are just fine with resale in mind. as far as the matt black exhaust
that will more be about personal preference. if you are concerned
about resale however i would not invest in aftermarket parts for
your RS6. after all when people are looking to buy high end used
cars (i.e. porsche) they actually prefer the car to be completely
stock from the factory. i suppose the thought process is that if
you are doing a lot of mods to the car than you are beating the
crap out of it. this is definately not always the case but sometimes
buyers think that way. i would just stick to the options you've
picked and keep it stock unless you plan on having the car for
some time. just my opinion:cheers:

:addict:
RS6 NUT

JP4
March 12th, 2003, 16:04
Originally posted by Benman
Speedracer:

if you are concerned about resale however i would not invest in aftermarket parts for your RS6. after all when people are looking to buy high end used cars (i.e. porsche) they actually prefer the car to be completely stock from the factory. i suppose the thought process is that if you are doing a lot of mods to the car than you are beating the crap out of it. this is definately not always the case but sometimes buyers think that way. i would just stick to the options you've picked and keep it stock unless you plan on having the car for some time. just my opinion:cheers:

:addict:
RS6 NUT

Benman...FWIW...we are in complete agreement on these issues.

:0: