PDA

View Full Version : George, don't go to Dallas!

Benman
March 24th, 2006, 16:13
You might end up being a "danger" to yourself!:trash: Crazy stuff!

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/8034788/detail.html

Watch video!

Ben:addict:

Vegasguy
March 29th, 2006, 07:27
And this from a state where an open container held in the drivers hand was completely legal just a few years ago.

:rolleyes:

Pete

SoCal
March 29th, 2006, 09:12
That's just nuts.:vhmmm: I'm all for cracking down on drunk drivers, but arresting hotel guests for drinking in hotel bars when they aren't going to leave the building, let alone drive anywhere.... Dumb waste of law enforcement resources.

Las Vegas convention bureau should publicize that news clip like crazy.

gjg
March 29th, 2006, 13:03
interesting - how police can come to a hotel (a private property) to arrest someone staying there for drinking? :doh:

AndyBG
March 29th, 2006, 14:32
It looks like US is becoming ''police country'', ever more and more,

corect me if i am wrong.

Benman
March 29th, 2006, 16:00
Originally posted by gjg
interesting - how police can come to a hotel (a private property) to arrest someone staying there for drinking? :doh:

"Private Property"!!!

You hit the nail right on the head George! What's next? The cops show up at my freaking house and arrest my guests?!?!?:w: Idiots!:nono:

gjg
March 29th, 2006, 19:35
Originally posted by benman

What's next? The cops show up at my freaking house and arrest my guests?!?!?

well, in your state I am absolutely positive that righteous Hollywood brains will demand this is happening - after all they are the leading force in other stupido claims ..... :doh:

Can assure you this will not take place in hillbilly lands ... :wo:

Benman
March 29th, 2006, 19:47
Originally posted by gjg

Amen to that... although Dallas used to be one! :bigeyes: :D

Audihead
March 29th, 2006, 23:13
That is such http://dtwaudi.com/images/smiles/bsflag.gif . None of those cases will ever stand up in court. You can be drunk in a bar, this such crap.

SoCal
March 30th, 2006, 03:31
Originally posted by gjg
well, in your state I am absolutely positive that righteous Hollywood brains will demand this is happening - after all they are the leading force in other stupido claims ..... :doh:

Another urban stereotype debunked.

Dallas, Texas (a hillbilly land of sorts) turns into a police state to outlaw drinking in private establishments, while the City of L.A.'s "Hollywood brains" have just launched a trolley with City money that runs every 12 minutes until 4 am to serve partiers at nightclubs and bars throughout Hollywood. It's called the Holly Trolley, though people locally refer to it as the "party wagon" and by other fond names. The trolley cars even play cool music so you can chill between clubs.

Why do this? Becase getting tourists and locals to go out, drink, dance and relax late at night doesn't have to be incompatible with encouraging sober drivers.:cheers: For centuries, cities were supposed to be fun places for lots of people to get together. Duh.

What are they thinking in Texas??!

gjg
March 30th, 2006, 07:29
Dallas ain't hillbilly land to start with and LA is not "Hollywood brain" stereotype. Haven't seen those people running the city yet .... :argue: