PDA

View Full Version : RS6 GIAC Transmission ECU 4 Sale

NWRS6
March 22nd, 2006, 05:53
HI:

Selling my beloved RS6. It was chipped with the GIAC ECU and transmission upgrade.

Originally, I had upgraded the transmission ECU first with a spare tranny computer. Faster and crisper shifting.I was happy and upgraded the Engine ECU as well through the flash program.
You can read my posts on it by searching under my user name.

Since I am reverting to stock, I have an upgraded complete transimission ECU with the GIAC chip soldered on as I will re-install the stock transmission ECU.

This Chipped Transmission ECU will fit all RS6's and will give reduced shift times from .8 sec to .2 sec (according to GIAC), and the shift points are higher. It can be installed without the Engine flash, and is totally safe as it does not require you to touch your original transmission ECU (located under the front passenger footwell). All you need to do is swap the tranny ECUs. 5 minute job.

The spare transmission ECU ($800) and GIAC soldered chip ($595)cost me over US$1400. I'd like to sell it for $700. In interested, please e-mail or PM.

Oh, and I've got 2 Hyperboost DV's and 2 near new BMC filters (replaced 2 months ago) for sale too: $200. New price for the DV's and BMC filters would be over $400. The filters and DV's help the engine to breathe and reduce turbo lag.

Thanks

Aronis
March 22nd, 2006, 14:21
Wow, what are you getting to replace your RS6?

Ah, was that US funds or Canadian Funds LOL, Ah. (my in-laws are Canadian).

I've been up in that foot well to pull my On-Star Module to get the numbers off of it, that carpet is tough to bend down! I like the idea of swapping the ECU! Best way to go.

I'm tempted....but have to wait until the dust settles on my relocation expenses.

Mike

NWRS6
March 22nd, 2006, 17:19
Price is in US$. Mod is well worth it for $700. Think of it as getting a spare ECU for almost free.

Replacing RS6 with the new S8 on order. I want something a littel bigger and more comfy. Like some on the board, I too have been dealing with DRC issues. Unfortunately, to date, the DRC still does not work 100% and the ride and handling is "weird".

On a positive note, since there are only 75 RS6's in all of Canada, I am getting a great price. After 2 years and 48,000 km (30,000 miles), my depreciation is 30%.

Cheers

Aronis
March 23rd, 2006, 01:31
The DRC system repair on my car seems dead on! I will need to have my summer tires and dry roads to really give it a test, but I believe it's fixed.

I think the key is experience with the repair. The regional service rep worked with the RS6 mechanic in Latham and I believe now that guy in Latham will be the go-to-guy for that repair.

I am going to keep my car stock! I am plenty happy with its performance overall.

The new S8 looks great, ENJOY.

Mike

gregoryindiana
March 23rd, 2006, 03:07
Originally posted by Aronis
I think the key is experience with the repair. The regional service rep worked with the RS6 mechanic in Latham and I believe now that guy in Latham will be the go-to-guy for that repair.

Just checked, and from here to latham is 716 miles.

I fervently hope that my DRC stays together, or that some sort of fix is set up by Audi to acknowledge what seems to be cropping up as a fairly high prevalence problem with our cars.

The best I can hope otherwise is that the Latham service guy and regional service rep can correspond as needed with either Indy or (more likely) Chicago equivalents when the need arises.

Aronis
March 23rd, 2006, 12:34
I think want ever 'tricks' they have learned will get sent arround, but there is little substitute for hands on experience.

Mike

trex
March 24th, 2006, 21:12
will it work along with the ABT engine ECU upgrade??

NWRS6
March 24th, 2006, 22:53
Cheers

trex
March 25th, 2006, 19:53
OK, good for you mate :) ,i just wanted to check if it will work on with the ABT engine chip sorry if i wasn't clear ,coz from the looks of it GIAC tip-chip seams worth the money!!