PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from my dealer and my RS4 will be here....

Parikh1234
March 20th, 2006, 22:24
late may!!!! Build week is April 24th. Cant wait :) Even with sprint blue, guess I wont have to wait till sept. Also they said that the future releases of the RS4 will have the wheel and seats. I guess ill just have to sell the car around there. Audi is working on it since alot of people have been asking for it here in the US.

:rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict

firewired
March 20th, 2006, 22:33
The initial printout I had from my dealer from a couple of days ago shows a build date of 3/03 with delivery to dealer estimated to be 5/29. I wonder if Audi is stepping things up and going to surpass the initial expectations of delays.

Parikh1234
March 20th, 2006, 22:35
Originally posted by firewired
The initial printout I had from my dealer from a couple of days ago shows a build date of 3/03 with delivery to dealer estimated to be 5/29. I wonder if Audi is stepping things up and going to surpass the initial expectations of delays.

wow, that would mean your car is close to being done and on a boat. How long does it take to build a car? A month? Fly to german and camp out by the garage so you can get it as it is rolling out:)

India Whiskey Charlie
March 20th, 2006, 22:39
Originally posted by Parikh1234
Also they said that the future releases of the RS4 will have the wheel and seats. I guess ill just have to sell the car around there. Audi is working on it since alot of people have been asking for it here in the US.
Really? The steering wheel is easier, but the seats would have to be redesigned for side airbag and smart airbag fittings. That would require more crash testing and huge numbers of $$$$. Not sure if Audi would be willing to do that.

firewired
March 20th, 2006, 22:44
My printout says estimating loading on the ship 4/14, arrival in U.S. 5/03 and release from port on 5/16 with arrival at dealer a couple of weeks later.

Of the printout is very clear that all dates are estimated.

masmole
March 21st, 2006, 01:47
Similar info from my dealer last week here. As first on their queue, I was given build 3/24, release to port 4/4, estimated dealer delivery 5/1. I'm skeptical though since my dates seem way too optimistic for a US delivery so I won't hold my breath. I'd be happy with an early June delivery but a May one would be a welcome surprise.

Specs: Misano Red, Black int, Premium Sirius, no rear side airbags.

njaudi1
March 21st, 2006, 15:01
My dealer gave me a port date of may 30th and at the daealer lot june 12th.Build date was march 13th.

Audihead
March 21st, 2006, 16:55
Originally posted by njaudi1
My dealer gave me a port date of may 30th and at the daealer lot june 12th.Build date was march 13th.

I'm thinking this is the most realistic quote yet. As we know that Audi wants to roll out the Q7 and RS4 around the same time. Mid-June sounds like a winner.:thumb:

johnw3d
March 21st, 2006, 18:57
Can I ask all those with US orders for RS4's due in late May or June when you placed the orders and when they were released to manufacturing?

I placed an order on March 9th, released to manufacturing on March 10th, and I'm being quoted a delivery ETA of mid July. I'm supposed to be #2 on this dealer's customer list, but I'm looking at 4 to 8 weeks later than most of you, later even than Parikh1234 with his post-initial dealer volume paint option.

Is it possible that my dealer has dealer orders in that he hopes to sell off the lot above MSRP and I'm the #2 *customer* order, behind his dealer orders?

firewired
March 21st, 2006, 19:26
Thing to remember is that all these dates are highly "speculative" and no-one really knows when the cars will start arriving / be released by Audi for whatever reason. Remember in Europe and Austrailia that cars arrived much later than their initial estimates. Let's hope that Audi will surpass expectations and actually arrive earlier than expected being that production has been going on for a while, and we in the U.S. are behind most other countries in the RS4 food chain.

Originally posted by johnw3d
Can I ask all those with US orders for RS4's due in late May or June when you placed the orders and when they were released to manufacturing?

I placed an order on March 9th, released to manufacturing on March 10th, and I'm being quoted a delivery ETA of mid July. I'm supposed to be #2 on this dealer's customer list, but I'm looking at 4 to 8 weeks later than most of you, later even than Parikh1234 with his post-initial dealer volume paint option.

Is it possible that my dealer has dealer orders in that he hopes to sell off the lot above MSRP and I'm the #2 *customer* order, behind his dealer orders?

masmole
March 21st, 2006, 20:54
I placed an order on Feb 27, released to manufacturing Mar 10, build date week of Mar 24, and I'm being quoted an estimated dealer delivery of May 29 (updated, was originally told May 1). I'm #1 on my dealer's list and they are the 2nd largest in the Chicago area in terms of volume as well as being an authorized RS6 dealer whatever that means. As far as I'm concerned, that translates to an early June delivery.

AudiTumbo
March 21st, 2006, 21:07
@Masmole:

When you get your RS4, can you please do a writeup about the how you feel the car, comparing to your M5?

masmole
March 21st, 2006, 22:02
Originally posted by AudiTumbo
@Masmole:

When you get your RS4, can you please do a writeup about the how you feel the car, comparing to your M5?
Absolutely. That's what I plan to do. In fact, as soon as the RS4 is broken-in, I will be taking both cars to local track events with the Audi club and such and see how the two cars compare back-to-back on a 4-mile road course with a good helping of technical turns, sweepers, as well as straights. I have a feeling the RS4 being lighter and with quattro will fair better on the turns while the M5 will dominate on the straights, given the track is dry of course :) The M5 is an astonishingly good handling car but it still weighs over 4100 lbs and applicable laws of physics still apply.

Audihead
March 21st, 2006, 22:24
Originally posted by masmole
I placed an order on Feb 27, released to manufacturing Mar 10, build date week of Mar 24, and I'm being quoted an estimated dealer delivery of May 29 (updated, was originally told May 1). I'm #1 on my dealer's list and they are the 2nd largest in the Chicago area in terms of volume as well as being an authorized RS6 dealer whatever that means. As far as I'm concerned, that translates to an early June delivery.

http://dtwaudi.com/images/smiles/imwithstupid.gif

I'm first on the list too, ordered my car the same day. My dealer is the highest volume in the state of Michigan and was the 2nd highest in RS6 sales as well. The dealers that were trained and have $60K worth of special tools to work on the RS6 will be the ones getting the RS4. They also have to have the Audi Assist vehicle. This is all part of selling the RS cars for the dealership.

johnw3d
March 21st, 2006, 22:58
Although most people's orders appear to have been released to manufacturing on 3/10, it looks like they'd been queueing up all the early orders until then and then allocated build dates based on original order date. My 'late' order date of 3/9 is probably why I have a delivery ETA 6 weeks later than most.

Silly me, I was going to place an order in late Jan, but couldn't decide between a 2006 Carerra or the RS4 (family needs, horsepower & the V8 sound won out!).

Is everyone expecting to pay MSRP, btw?

njaudi1
March 21st, 2006, 23:26
Does anyone know how allocation is given to each dealer? Also does allocation have anything to do with when we will see are indivdual cars?:rs4addict

S4Aero
March 22nd, 2006, 16:59
just spoke to my dealer. my :rs4addict is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on May 15. mine will be the first in northern ohio. The guy ahead of me ordered sprint blue, so his is delayed. delivery should be by June 1. woooot!

AudiTumbo
March 22nd, 2006, 23:01
I have a feeling the RS4 being lighter and with quattro will fair better on the turns while the M5 will dominate on the straights, [/B]

That's what the most presume. But it would be nice to have it black on white, since there still isn't any official time on the Nurburgring for the RS4.

johnw3d
March 23rd, 2006, 07:47
I have a feeling the RS4 being lighter and with quattro will fair better on the turns while the M5 will dominate on the straights...
For what it's worth, Stig on BBC's Top Gear got the RS4 around their test track in 1:25.6 compared to the M5's 1:26.2 according to the lap time chart on Top Gear's Wikipeida page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear.

Audihead
March 23rd, 2006, 18:48
I think mine was delayed due to Sprint Blue, looking at July 3rd so far.:rs4addict