PDA

View Full Version : quattro meets quattro!

phatfocus
March 20th, 2006, 13:45
My dad owns with RS6 and I have just bought the ur quattro, I'm really pleased with my quat, it is still a very impressive machine to drive, with bags of character. I like to tease him that mine is a "real quattro"

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/angi73/modifiedquattromeetsquattrosmall.jpg

Aronis
March 20th, 2006, 14:05
What Year is yours! Looks like it is in great condition!

Mike

Benman
March 20th, 2006, 15:20
Yes, very nice, looks flawless!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

AudiTumbo
March 20th, 2006, 15:28
Amazing! Both of them :rs6kiss:

phatfocus
March 20th, 2006, 15:38
Thanks guys, its an 84. It had respray approx three years ago, the bodywork is in good nick, but lots of the suspension/bushes need replacing, the abs doesnt work, the interior has the wrong front seats which are ripped anyway, a small oil leak, corroded headlights etc, the list goes on.... always something to do! she still pulls and grips well though!

It even has leccy windows, mirrors and heated seats, none of which currently work:) It has a delightfull period tweed interior, just need to fit the correct tweed front seats, made by recaro.

Green digital dash, and a woman who tells you "bong, warning brake failure" or "warming handbrake on!" sometimes on her own accord and spuriously :D

I love the sound of the engine, and you can really hear the turbo/wastegate quite clearly. The sound of them both lining up was great.

Anyway, she can still show a clean pair of heels to most of whats out there.

The RS6 is a phenomenol car which the whole family loves to bits. I guess you guys probably wouldn't be familiar with the degree of turbo lag I get though, It really is gutless off boost, you have to stir the box to keep it in the sweet spot.

nene
March 20th, 2006, 15:46
Really sweet set of machines. Hopefully you will spend some time in making it all work my friend. Sounds like fun.

Ruergard
March 20th, 2006, 16:30
Both cars looks stunning! Very nice, your quattro seems to be in good shape. Keep it like that! :0:

Vegasguy
March 21st, 2006, 07:34
Angus,
You can get rid of some of that Turbo lag here...
http://www.intendedacceleration.com/

Pete

SoCal
March 21st, 2006, 07:56
Great combo, Angus. :thumb: And you are privileged to have a "project" car that runs relatively well already. Have fun working on her.

As for the newer model...:rs6kiss: