PDA

View Full Version : Want to have a NE RS6 meet in april?

nyrs6
March 17th, 2006, 01:03
It getting close to spring, would anyone be intrested in a NE RS6 meet. It would probably be in a month or so. Last meet was very nice we had a nice outcome :D. Maybe Nene can make it this time. The reason i am asking this early is that we can arrange a good time for everyone so we can plan ahead of time.

Just a thought:D

nene
March 17th, 2006, 13:11
I'm in... Just pick a date now, so at least I can make sure to put it down on my schedule. And make sure it does not fall on a weekend where Red Sox vs Yankees play (NY or Boston).

:)

Aronis
March 17th, 2006, 13:24
Where?

Hopefully something in a mutually convenient location as opposed to all the way in Boston!

Mike

(Albany area would be nice)

RobertV
March 17th, 2006, 14:19
Check this links out:
http://users.bestweb.net/~rev/RS6Drive/
Would be great to see you all again....hope you do not mind a SRT8 tagging along

:thumb:

nene
March 17th, 2006, 14:42
Certainly not in Boston. And Albany is too far as well.
On the border of the tri-states (MA/CT/NY) would be fun.

Aronis
March 17th, 2006, 15:01
here?

Aronis
March 17th, 2006, 15:02
Middle of No Where USA?:dance:

Aronis
March 17th, 2006, 15:32
yes Boston to Kingston is a bit far, I agree Nene.

Boston to Albany = 168 miles
Johnson City to Albany = 142 miles
NYC to Albany = 157 miles
Hartford to Albany = 112 miles

Boston to Kingston = 204
Johnson City to Kingston = 134
NYC to Kingston = 106
Harford to Kingston = 132

Mike:trash:

nyrs6
March 17th, 2006, 18:51
How about kingston. We had a great time last time. We can even use the same route. I also spoke to Sprint blue and he told me he is in also.

If we do it on a sunday there is April 2,9,23,30. April 16 is easter sunday so thats not a available. Now the hard part is to get a right date for everyone. The time will probably be early because like last time people wanted to do other things and not kill the whole day.

Any other suggestions?

krm
March 19th, 2006, 03:32
Hey guys, remember this (http://www.rs6.com/articles/021.html)?

Hope it's going to be a great turnout and look forward to the pics! :thumb:

/k

Aronis
March 19th, 2006, 15:42
KRM,

Do you have a more precise location for that abandoned truck stop?

Mike

JA
March 19th, 2006, 22:25
Very scenic, central point for Boston, upstate NY, CT and NYC...and lots to do and see if anyone wants to make a day/night/weekend or whatever out of it on their own, after the drive...

Aronis
March 20th, 2006, 20:16
The weekend of April 8/9 works for me! My kid is off from school and my wife/kids are coming to visit me in JC instead of me driving there. They are planning on Tues to Sat,. so I don't have to do the round trip on Fri and Sun, so I'd be free to do a guys weekend and not end up in the dog house LOL.

Mike

nyrs6
March 20th, 2006, 21:37
Is that weekend good for everyone else? I Think its find for me and my dad.

Now if we do a different route other then kingston someone has to plan a whole new route.

Aronis
March 21st, 2006, 00:36
Wrench in my plans anyway.

Wife/Kids coming on Sat April 8 for visit 8 to next weekend, with plan of all of us going home for Easter....so I'm out for April 8/9. Sorry.

Mike

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2006, 19:49
Any ideas? :brag: Its already april anything?

john hulbrock
April 2nd, 2006, 22:24
April 9 is Palm Sunday and is NG for me
How about April 23 or April 30th?

jh

Finnus
April 3rd, 2006, 13:35
KRM,

Do you have a more precise location for that abandoned truck stop?

Mike

The abandoned truck stop was right off of exit 2 (Lee) of the Mass Pike (I-90). There are some good scenic roads in the area.

Finnus
:addict:

nyrs6
April 4th, 2006, 02:16
Originally posted by Finnus
The abandoned truck stop was right off of exit 2 (Lee) of the Mass Pike (I-90). There are some good scenic roads in the area.

Finnus
:addict:

If somone knows the route you guys did last time then that truck stop should be good.

Is the 23rd good for everybody?

Speedracer
April 7th, 2006, 01:35
Originally posted by nyrs6
If somone knows the route you guys did last time then that truck stop should be good.

Is the 23rd good for everybody?

Hi guys—
Haven't been here for quite awhile, spending more time on Audiworld, Rennlist, and NASIOC. Glad to see you're all still here. Since I planned the Kingston route and was on the first ride, I think the area around Lakeville CT (Lime Rock) where we sort of ended the first ride has great roads— there and the MA Berkshires (Great Barrington etc.) Also it's centrally located for all. If the weekend's right I may join you again in POORSCHE.

Speed

newmarketnow
April 8th, 2006, 12:56
In consideration of the first meet and a certian comment in the write up....
If I drive the M5, does that mean someone thinks I'll be buying lunch?

Speedracer
April 8th, 2006, 14:57
Originally posted by newmarketnow
In consideration of the first meet and a certian comment in the write up....
If I drive the M5, does that mean someone thinks I'll be buying lunch?
No. It just means you'llbe letting us drive your car.:-):applause:

nene
May 10th, 2006, 02:08
We may have missed the April deadline for this meet, however there is a high chance we can all get together on a C5 New England event taken place over the Summer. I will keep you guys posted on that.

If you wish, you can follow the event on your own as well, by clicking here (http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/621741.phtml).

I hope folks are able to join in.

nyrs6
May 10th, 2006, 04:19
Could an M5 tag along?:D

Or hopefully we have our RS4 by then.

Aronis
May 10th, 2006, 11:57
NO.

NO BMWs

NO.

LOL....

The More the Merrier.....

Wish I could make it....doubt it...

Mike

sechsgang
March 10th, 2007, 13:34
ooh...sounds fun...but CT/Boston is a HELL of a hike...

NY isnt too bad though...

got boost
March 12th, 2007, 12:17
Any plans for this Spring, anyone?

S6LANA
March 12th, 2007, 14:20
I live in NJ and would be down for a GTG. But, all the way to Boston does hurt a bit. I probably couldn't make it up that far.

newmarketnow
March 12th, 2007, 23:58
I'm in for 2007 if its a location in central NE (New England) like oh, Northern MA or Southern NH.
:D

Aronis
March 13th, 2007, 00:33
Northern MA would be great (got family there LOL)

Mike

got boost
March 13th, 2007, 01:14
I'm in RI and wouldnt mind a good drive anywhere in New England.

sechsgang
March 13th, 2007, 01:23
is there anyone near PHILLY!!!!?????

Aronis
March 14th, 2007, 14:04
is there anyone near PHILLY!!!!?????

I am 191 miles north of you.

3 hours 10 minuts by minivan, 1 hour 5 minutes by RS6.

Mike

nyrs6
March 14th, 2007, 19:39
If someone wants to arrange one i will get my dad to come with his M5. No more RS6 :doh: (still better in some ways then then the M5 :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: ) But both are fun :incar:

got boost
June 18th, 2007, 22:24
Hello all. There will be a meet in Newport RI on Saturday July 14 at Ft. Adams state park (near the Eisenhower House). It began as an AMG meet (we did it last year) but all marks are welcome, there will be AMG, MB, Audi, Porsche, and maybe some BMW and Ferrari. Once again, all are welcome. It will be rather informal, bring your own food. The meeting points are being discussed now and will most likely be one just south Boston, and one in southeast CT. We will likely be rallying by the beaches then onto Bellvue ave past the mansions and along Ocean Drive, ending up at Ft Adams. We rallyed through downtown Newport last year and it was a mess, trying to keep everyone together, so we most likely wont being driving through that section.