PDA

View Full Version : OEM Mats and Trunk net?

newmarketnow
March 16th, 2006, 12:15
It took the dealership that I bought my RS6 from some 2 1/2 months to ship the misc items that they failed to load into the car before it shipped.
The Audi mats they sent were boxed, never used, about 3/16" (5mm) thick and do not have the RS6 logo. Since I haven't been up close to another RS6, can someone confirm that the OEM mats should have the logo or thicker?
The trunk net they sent is rectangular (not contoured for battery closure) and the clasps or hooks, do not securely connect to the hinged and polished clasps. The net's hooks easily become dislodged if not under heavy tension. Again, since I haven't seen another, can someone confirm that this is or is not, the OEM trunk net?
Thanks,

gjg
March 16th, 2006, 16:56
mats with logo were optional (about $150 in Europe, n/a in US), 5 mm is about right. Do not know about trunk as I have Avant ...:harass:

gregoryindiana
March 16th, 2006, 17:30
thew US mats have no logo, and yes, the trunk net has no provision for the battery. I actually think it is a stock A6 piece, that they had for the car before they decided that the battery would be up in the box. Remember in Europe, the battery is in the spare tire well area, so the net would fit fine there.

Aronis
March 16th, 2006, 18:52
None of the Audi Trunk nets hooks one very well.

Several have changed the hooks to quick latch clips, which work very well. I bought them at a hardware store for about 2 bucks each. I did not bother removing the stock "Clips" but it works very well.

The mats are correct, no logo.

Mike

Benman
March 16th, 2006, 20:37
Originally posted by gjg
mats with logo were optional (about $150 in Europe, n/a in US)

Paul and I got em'.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

PeterH
March 16th, 2006, 22:11
Logo mats are significantly more now. Direct from dealer (in Germany) expect about $550 for a set of 4. If you go through an importer, expect closer to $700. Pretty expensive carpet!

gjg
March 16th, 2006, 22:25
$150 was OPTION cost for replacement of standard carpet with the same but with RS6 logo at the time of order .... actuall price of carpet from parts was somewherre around $500 if I remember.

we are in wrong business :doh:

Hy Octane
March 16th, 2006, 22:48
Paul and I got em'.

Yep.. and it added alot to the overall feel of the interior.. Hey Ben.. Does your driverside mat have trouble staying fastened? On mine, the right side clip closest to the tranny tunnel and the seat periodically comes uncoupled.. no biggie,,

Benman
March 16th, 2006, 22:50
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Ben.. Does your driverside mat have trouble staying fastened? On mine, the right side clip closest to the tranny tunnel and the seat periodically comes uncoupled.. no biggie,,
Weird. No troubles with that at all.:vhmmm: Only problem I have with my driverside mat, is keeping the white/silver lettering clean!:D :cheers:

PeterH
March 16th, 2006, 23:29
Yeah, my drivers side closest to tranny hump would not stay fastened when I first got the mats as well! The mats came in a completely flat box and since the mats are supposed to be moulded to the floor, it has taken some time to get them to stay in correctly.

I just used a small piece of clear plastic and put it around the peg on the floor and pushed the mat over it. The little extra width kept it from popping out. Now it stays in fine.

newmarketnow
March 17th, 2006, 11:49
Thanks guys - I now know to back off (little late) from the dealer.

I must say that I am a little surprised of a few appointments or lack thereof, with the car. The mats seem quite cheep for a car at it's level within the Audi line. The trunk net is badly designed and someone must of thought that "well, it should suffice.."

Most suprising was the absence of radio controls on the steering wheel which I believe are standard on cars at 20% the value.

It seems that the performance engineers were not quite equaled by their interior / amenity counterparts.

I enjoy the car and am not complaining but, it does seem they came up a little short in a couple of areas. There, I went and said it.

Erik
March 17th, 2006, 12:08
Originally posted by newmarketnow
Most suprising was the absence of radio controls on the steering wheel which I believe are standard on cars at 20% the value.

It's a sports car ;) :incar:

BBGT2
March 17th, 2006, 13:24

I must say that I am a little surprised of a few appointments or lack thereof, with the car. The mats seem quite cheep for a car at it's level within the Audi line. The trunk net is badly designed and someone must of thought that "well, it should suffice.."

It seems that the performance engineers were not quite equaled by their interior / amenity counterparts.

I enjoy the car and am not complaining but, it does seem they came up a little short in a couple of areas. There, I went and said it.

NM,

You are on the money and havent said anything new here my friend.
Audi shortchanged us in alot of areas,
sure they could have made alot of things better and more convenient.
I am not even gonna say anything about what crapola seats we got for a car that was close to $90k.
Or the stupid navi system that was offered, (never used it). Europe even got the MF steering wheel which is great, real floor mats with the logo's and they could have made them from better material.

Erik I have to disagree with you it is NOT a sport car, its a sport sedan:D .
And a heavy pig at that but I still love her regardless of the faults of the decision maker idiots who decide what the "US Market" needs.

Bajo:addict:

Wang
March 20th, 2006, 06:13
My E60 M5 BMW did not even come with trunk net or mat. Although its other amenities in the interior outshine the RS6, it still falls short in materials durability in the areas of the leather, and there in no alcantara unless you pay extra $3500 for the additional leather bits. No car is perfect and no serially produced automobile is truly no expenses spared. They are all out to make a profit, after all, even on loss leaders.

Aronis
March 20th, 2006, 12:41
You are always going to have 2 things in your life to pay for, 1 is the mortgage the other a car payment, LIVE where you want, DRIVE what you want.

What?

You can pay off your car and your house, its the friggen TAXES you have to always pay!

LOL

Mike

Benman
March 20th, 2006, 15:08
Originally posted by Aronis
What?

You can pay off your car and your house, its the friggen TAXES you have to always pay!

LOL

Mike
:applause: :thumb:

BBGT2
March 21st, 2006, 02:04
What?

LOL

Mike

Even when you pay them off there is always something else you pay for, and taxes are like death, a certainty and unavoidable.

:hahahehe:

Bajo:addict:

Aronis
March 21st, 2006, 12:33
I'm scratching together cash to pay last years taxes on April 15th.

GD Taxes.....

PS - only working folk pay taxes, right DC pol. live on their low taxed trust fund interest and tell us what taxes to pay.

gregoryindiana
March 21st, 2006, 21:48
DC pol. live on their low taxed trust fund interest and tell us what taxes to pay.

I'm not a DC pol, but those who do live on their trust fund interest or any other trust fund income, are taxed at ordinary rates.

Qualified dividends, on the other hand, do have a lower tax rate.

But that is not interest income, and dividends from mutual fund income derived from money funds or bonds does not qualify either.

Just to be specific... the real crime is those people who work for the UN, or the World Bank, or foreign embassies, and who aren't US citizens. Their income is tax free. Only the US taxes any income you make, no matter where in the world you earn it.

slammer1
March 21st, 2006, 22:10
Thanks guys - I now know to back off (little late) from the dealer.

I've voiced these very same concerns and more re cheap quality of materials; cut corners; cheapen it up for the US market. But, hey, at the end of the day, it is what it is. Audi s/ not have marketed the car w/ these deficiencies, but we bought the car. Shame on who??????

newmarketnow
March 22nd, 2006, 11:58
I think I will take out the foul weather rubber mats and put in the cheap feeling OEM mats on April 15th before I drive over to the Post Office to certify mail my tax payments.
Mats and Net to Taxes?
Okay, I suppose most of us will pay $blank for our apparent freedom whether its for a ride or to the Country even though.... all the amenities or security that we would like are not there in return.
I still think that the Audi Government could do a better job with the net to protect our valuables.
Do I hear, Mats, Nets to Taxes to Security/Terrorism?