PDA

View Full Version : Rs4 Driven hard

54m
March 14th, 2006, 19:10
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-401302097537090734&q=rs4

:rs4addict

Riz_RS4
March 14th, 2006, 21:02
It does 140mph on that stretch..... amazing.. love the noise.

Cant wait for mine to arrive.

Riz:rs4addict

Benman
March 14th, 2006, 22:57
Originally posted by Riz_RS4
It does 140mph on that stretch..... amazing.. love the noise.

Very nice.:hahahehe:

Ben:addict:

phEight
March 15th, 2006, 10:19
sound is beautiful, car is beautiful, im envious. :rs4addict :0: :heart:

Fab
March 15th, 2006, 20:55
simply insane :revs:

what a sound boys :bow:

JavierNuvolari
March 15th, 2006, 21:31
Love the sound...hate the guy driving it though...(envy) hahaha :hihi: now seriously...that sound it's just amazing, can't wait for Top Gear's review on it.

Saludos,

Javier

freerider
March 15th, 2006, 23:55
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari
Love the sound...hate the guy driving it though...(envy) hahaha :hihi: now seriously...that sound it's just amazing, can't wait for Top Gear's review on it.

Saludos,

Javier

Too bad the sound really sucks on the inside, really not loud enough. Sooo much better on the outside, especially with the S-button pushed (you can hear the valve open).

And TG already reviewed it (clip can be found on the forum somewhere).

Greetz Johan

JavierNuvolari
March 16th, 2006, 00:07
Originally posted by freerider
Too bad the sound really sucks on the inside, really not loud enough. Sooo much better on the outside, especially with the S-button pushed (you can hear the valve open).

And TG already reviewed it (clip can be found on the forum somewhere).

Greetz Johan

For the sound is just fine:thumb: . and about the Top Gear I remember the episode when Jeremy drove it France(race against the 2 climbers) I meant that he should drive it around the track...well The Stig for that matter.

Greetz,

Javier

sockamber
March 16th, 2006, 10:59
What a great sound - what a great car!!

JaXx
March 16th, 2006, 16:32
I'm so sorry , but i like the sound of the b5 RS4 much better !
This is too M3-like for me

Benman
March 16th, 2006, 19:05
Too bad the sound really sucks on the inside, really not loud enough.

Greetz Johan
Have to disagree with you on that one Johan. For me, it was just fine. Loud enough without being too loud for day in and day out driving. A nice balance IMHO.

freerider
March 17th, 2006, 01:06
Originally posted by Benman
Have to disagree with you on that one Johan. For me, it was just fine. Loud enough without being too loud for day in and day out driving. A nice balance IMHO.

I can see your point. But the problem was, when you push the accelerator and get to about 7-8000 rpm the sound wasn't there enough. I do agree that when you're cruizing it's very nice (little rumble in the background), but when I'm driving at higher rpm's I should be aware of this. Again, if you want a "soft" ride, extreme luxury, very good sound isolation,...buy an A8. An RS4 (RS stands for rennsport iirc) is a car that wants to be driven...hard. Although it's also very nice to cruiz with it.

Greetz Johan

Benman
March 17th, 2006, 16:05
I can see your point. But the problem was, when you push the accelerator and get to about 7-8000 rpm the sound wasn't there enough.

Again, I see it differently. I thought the sound was great at the 7000+rpm level. I spent nearly two full hours in the car driving all sorts of roads (back roads, city streets, autobahn blasting...) and the engine just sounded fantastic. Low down in the rev range, not quite as sweet as my :addict: :heart: , but up high... sweetness.:thumb:

buyalemon
March 17th, 2006, 21:06
an M3 sounds like a screaming pig ...RS4 sounds like :vgrumpy:

March 17th, 2006, 21:25
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari

Saludos,

Javier

Top Gear have already reviewed it months ago. Go to www.video.google.com and type in Top Gear and look through the selection until you find it.

007 :rs4addict

gazzab
March 17th, 2006, 23:25
I have had a M3 for the last 4 years, the engine noice from RS4 is infinitely better, from outside the M3 is very "raspy", and inside not particularly inspiring. On the otherhand th RS4 is majestic even though understated. When the M3 E46 was released one of the criticisms was the change in engine noice from the previous model.

Gazzab

Speedou
March 18th, 2006, 14:49
Originally posted by gazzab
I have had a M3 for the last 4 years, the engine noice from RS4 is infinitely better, from outside the M3 is very "raspy", and inside not particularly inspiring. On the otherhand th RS4 is majestic even though understated. When the M3 E46 was released one of the criticisms was the change in engine noice from the previous model.

Gazzab

Just change Kelleners exhaust and the sound of M3 is awsome :mech:

gazzab
March 19th, 2006, 00:25
Speedou is that from personal experience or an acquaintance?

Speedou
March 19th, 2006, 10:45
Originally posted by gazzab
Speedou is that from personal experience or an acquaintance?

Car isn't mine (pictures are), but sounds are real and great! :)

http://speedou.1g.fi/kuvat/M3/CRW_9130_1.jpg

Other "friend" has M3 with kelleners motorkit +36hp and that sound is even better, but not CSL :)

But of course, that is tuned car. You can put exhaust to new RS4 and get some sirious sounds out from that high reving V8. :applause:

gazzab
March 19th, 2006, 13:57
Thanks Gazzab