PDA

View Full Version : Anthracite (Titanium) wheels?

deans
March 13th, 2006, 21:47
I've seen picks of the anthracite wheels (grey rather than chrome/alloy colour) and I'm thinking about them to compliment my RS4 (Daytona Grey possibly) on order.

From rs246.com forum it sounds like these aren't available and would have to be an aftermarket paint job. Anyone got anymore info to add?

Erik
March 13th, 2006, 22:02
Originally posted by deans
From rs246.com forum it sounds like these aren't available and would have to be an aftermarket paint job. Anyone got anymore info to add?

A friend of mine have them on special order. Week 13 delivery.

But I think they will be available officially in the autumn.

deans
March 13th, 2006, 22:06
How exactly does one arrange a 'special' order :-) ?

Erik
March 13th, 2006, 22:20
How exactly does one arrange a 'special' order :-) ?

I have already written too much :blush:

However I hope to return with photos of the real thing as soon as I see the car.

deans
March 13th, 2006, 22:23
I see :-) maybe I will try a 'special' order with my dealer.

Erik
March 13th, 2006, 22:30
maybe I will try a 'special' order with my dealer.

Good luck and don't give up because then it won't work. ;)
Contacts in Neckarsulm could be handy.

Show him the nice pictures posted here from exhibitions etc. around the Globe.

deans
March 14th, 2006, 15:05
Well, first response from my dealer is that these wheels are not available in the UK only Europe and I thougt UK was part of Europe :-).

Anyway, pushing back a little and I will let you know how I get on. I could always get them anthracited (painted) afterwards but seems a shame.

cheers,
- Dean

Benman
March 14th, 2006, 17:09

Anyway, pushing back a little and I will let you know how I get on. I could always get them anthracited (painted) afterwards but seems a shame.

cheers,
- Dean

Dean, listen to Erik, don't stop asking until you get your way. And an email address at Neckarsulm is helpful.;)

Ben:addict:

norijuki
March 15th, 2006, 23:51
I've seen picks of the anthracite wheels (grey rather than chrome/alloy colour) and I'm thinking about them to compliment my RS4 (Daytona Grey possibly) on order.
Anyone got anymore info to add?

Hi,
sorry for my bad english, i'm italian.
I've ask for titanium wheels at my dealer but the answer has been negative...
At this moment are not avaible in italy...

The only solution is an "aftermarket" painting.. i think

deans
March 16th, 2006, 00:09
I can understand why some options aren't available in different regions when it comes down to safety standards, insurance premiums and possibly conversion costs but some of the regional differences in options seem crazy....

I want anthracite wheels and I'm gonna winge until I get them - or until me dealer tells me to shut up or he will cancel my order!

I'll let you know how i get on.

norijuki
March 16th, 2006, 17:42
I can understand why some options aren't available in different regions when it comes down to safety standards, insurance premiums and possibly conversion costs but some of the regional differences in options seem crazy....

I want anthracite wheels and I'm gonna winge until I get them - or until me dealer tells me to shut up or he will cancel my order!

I'll let you know how i get on.

You're rihgt indeed, that's crazy! It must be due to the fact that we're talking prototypes here, and they were not ready for indusrtial prodution. I've sent an enquiry e-mail to audi italia, but they haven't replied yet. I'll keep you updated. PS: I think that the same applies to Ceramic brakes: indeed, they do exist, but dealers know nothing 'bout them. :rs4addict

Benman
March 16th, 2006, 19:03
Originally posted by norijuki
Hi,

norijuki, welcome to the forum and as I say, no need to apologize for the English. This is the perfect place to practice.
:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Hawk
March 16th, 2006, 19:50
Hi,
I've ask for titanium wheels at my dealer but the answer has been negative...
At this moment are not avaible in italy...

The only solution is an "aftermarket" painting.. i think
Hello norijuki, about your RS4 color? Sedan or SW?

norijuki
March 17th, 2006, 00:11
Originally posted by Hawk
Hello norijuki, about your RS4 color? Sedan or SW?

Hello,
my rs4 is Sedan, Avus Silver - black interrior / alluminium - black optic pack whit 19... i hope titan color :D

previewed delivery on first week of april

Hawk
March 17th, 2006, 21:33
Hello,
my rs4 is Sedan, Avus Silver - black interrior / alluminium - black optic pack whit 19... i hope titan color :D

previewed delivery on first week of april
Avus silver pics?:confused: :doh:

deans
March 17th, 2006, 22:31
I received an email today from someone in Neckarsulm and they stated that Titanium wheels are not available yet but may be available in July.

My RS4 is due for delivery in June.

I will try again nearer the end of its production but looks like I am out of luck except for the aftermarket paint option.

Thanks for all the advice.

Erik
March 21st, 2006, 23:09
Good looking

http://www.m5board.com/articles/geneva2006/Bild-014.jpg