PDA

View Full Version : Autocar: RS4 vs Cayman vs M3 CS vs SLK 55

Erik
March 12th, 2006, 22:59
Autocar: RS4 vs Cayman vs M3 CS vs SLK 55 (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/automotive/newmodels/22346/)

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/97380_four1.jpg

"The Audi RS4, Porsche Cayman, BMW M3 CS and Mercedes SLK 55 AMG each bring their own strengths to the table."

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/97390_four3.jpg

:rs4addict

7:53 RS6
March 13th, 2006, 17:45
I guess whats Intresting is how difrently a text like this is going to be interpreted on bases of just what brand you like.

As for my selfe that like all cars/brands its no conflict.

Well im not suprised of the genrall outcome of the test.
And thean again im awere its just a test.
But overall impresed by BMW, still as said many times, they hang in way god whit an old product.

Did i miss the fackt or dident they say the lap time of RS4, only it was close? better see again.

March 13th, 2006, 18:01
Originally posted by 8:05 RS6
I guess whats Intresting is how difrently a text like this is going to be interpreted on bases of just what brand you like.

As for my selfe that like all cars/brands its no conflict.

Well im not suprised of the genrall outcome of the test.
And thean again im awere its just a test.
But overall impresed by BMW, still as said many times, they hang in way god whit an old product.

Did i miss the fackt or dident they say the lap time of RS4, only it was close? better see again.

Nope, no track time for RS4, as well as no 0-100 times for cayman/ BMW. Kind of like lets wright what the cars are god at, not what they are not so god at?

Oh well, but the CS is not near( well may be near but not close) CSL in pois/grace at track, as well as turn in or anything else on track for that matter.
But CS is sure more comfy and cosy on street than CSL.

Speedou
March 13th, 2006, 18:36
Nope, no track time for RS4, as well as no 0-100 times for cayman/ BMW. Kind of like lets wright what the cars are god at, not what they are not so god at?

Oh well, but the CS is not near( well may be near but not close) CSL in pois/grace at track, as well as turn in or anything else on track for that matter.
But CS is sure more comfy and cosy on street than CSL.

I quess all the data can be found from the magazine.

"The following story is abridged from an article originally published in the February 21 issue of Autocar magazine. –Ed."

And yes, the CS is not the CSL, but what was the point? We know you can't any more buy CSL. And again it's made for a track, Cayman is still made for "normal use".

fardene
March 13th, 2006, 19:05
Hi All - new to the forum - Just thought u would like to know in this weeks Autocar the RS4 is quoted as the "best fast Audi ever" and come top out of the The BMW M3 CS, C55 AMG and mazda 6MPS?

The track time was 1.16.9 the same as the Cayman S not bad for 4 door front engined saloon weighing substanically more than a mid engined purpose built coupe!

0-60 mph - 4.5 secs (4.8) M3 CS
0-100 mph 10.5seces (11.5) M3 CS

1/4 mile - 13.1 secs

Can not wait until first wk in April for mine!! counting the days !

Regards
Mark

March 14th, 2006, 07:26
Originally posted by Speedou
I quess all the data can be found from the magazine.

"The following story is abridged from an article originally published in the February 21 issue of Autocar magazine. –Ed."

And yes, the CS is not the CSL, but what was the point? We know you can't any more buy CSL. And again it's made for a track, Cayman is still made for "normal use".

It was merly me whriting what i was at the time thinking, hope its ok.

The point was none, just thinking to my selve that CSL is truley an extraordenary remarkebel car, even more so when thinking of its based on a regular 3 series, thats way out of production for long as you say.

A real track car do not have cd, auto aircon or Park Distans Control or auto mode for transmission as CSL have. But i agree the CSL is slightly more track than road, as CS ar the oposit. CSL is far from a real track car, even the few cars orderd whit out all above its no racecar, its way to heavy for that among other thing, but its a superb compromise and closer to a race car than most street cars i guess.

Speedou
March 14th, 2006, 09:58
It was merly me whriting what i was at the time thinking, hope its ok.

Sure :0: I was only thinking how the CSL come together with the whole thing ;)

The point was none, just thinking to my selve that CSL is truley an extraordenary remarkebel car, even more so when thinking of its based on a regular 3 series, thats way out of production for long as you say.

Yes it is, and I can see you love to own one!

A real track car do not have cd, auto aircon or Park Distans Control or auto mode for transmission as CSL have. But i agree the CSL is slightly more track than road, as CS ar the oposit. CSL is far from a real track car, even the few cars orderd whit out all above its no racecar, its way to heavy for that among other thing, but its a superb compromise and closer to a race car than most street cars i guess.

Ääääh...yes of course I know that. But I still think CSL is one way made for a track. And of course it's still a road legal and has few comfort options. Cayman S is far from CSL when talking about seats, driving wheel and so on... that was my point.

CarbonFibre
March 14th, 2006, 11:48
I'd think that having a wee bit of wheelspin on the SLK55 would produce faster times in a straight line than none at all. Does anyone have a link to the whole article in case they have it on the Autocar website?

March 14th, 2006, 12:04
Mentioned the CSL as its in close relations to CS, and CS was compered to the other cars in articel as well as CSL was mentioned in articel. Also RS4 is comperd to CSL some times in rs6.com.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure i love the CSL, in the summer anyway and very much so on track then. Dont use it off season, sure its drivebel whit the right tiers, and it is good fun, but i rather feel the G force in dry tarmac.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the winter i much rater se my self in an RS4 Avant:revs:

:bye: