PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a call back from AOA, good things brewing.

Aronis
March 10th, 2006, 16:14
Trying to work out the details, but may be having the car serviced at local Audi Dealer by the Regional Service Rep at a Non-RS6 dealer!

More to come.

Mike:applause: :addict:

BBGT2
March 10th, 2006, 16:22
REAL GOOD NEWS MIKE, :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

Keep us posted and ask them if that "softer ride" is true, if so I am pissed off already and havent even got anything done yet :p .

Bajo

Aronis
March 10th, 2006, 16:27
He did not have any info on that, it's apparently news to him.

Mike

Aronis
March 10th, 2006, 16:40
No Can do, must be RS6 dealer due to tools.....so back to Latham.

Expected parts next week, begin repair Wed or Thurs.

Mike

BBGT2
March 10th, 2006, 16:58
Mike, did you or HyOctane post a campaign number by any chance? I am sorry for not searching but I just got of the phone with my adviser and he knows of NO campaign for the RS6 DRC system, this is getting to be funnier by the minute.

Thanks

Bajo

BBGT2
March 10th, 2006, 17:02
Never mind I found the link and understand there is no TSB or Campaign but just a bulletin.

Bajo

Aronis
March 10th, 2006, 17:07
Yes, there has been no official bulletin yet. But I suspect there will be.

Mike

Minou
March 12th, 2006, 19:18
With my rs6 since jan. either in the dealer in leicester (England) or the car undrivable I was interested to hear the other day that mine is one of 17 Rs6's off the road in the UK awaiting a valve block? assembly.

I would be interested in what this recall is, the official line over here seems to be "problem, what problem Sir".

I am contacting a few car magazines to see if I can start a bit of pressure, I find it unbelievable that I am without a car since Jan, am being informed that it will at least another 3 weeks before any componants are available and without exception any information I get is a result of me chasing and ringing them. I have never had one call from the dealer or Audi UK to see what was going on. This is a premium car so god knows what they do for someone with an A3 or an A4.
Colin

Aronis
March 13th, 2006, 03:21
I have the NE regional service rep coming this Wednesday with all parts including two more centering valves, front shocks and another set of rear shocks.

Now if they cannot get parts, we have to start the pressure to go aftermarket on Audi's dime.

I really need the service rep to drive the car, push on the fenders, etc, and tell me he agree's it just is not right!

We shall see.

Sorry to hear you guys in the UK are waiting on parts! I guess our market is big enough to have the parts here!

Mike

gjg
March 14th, 2006, 08:17
guys in the UK are waiting on parts!

this is IMHO incompetence of the dealer and Audi UK - there is no way you cannot get anything delivered within EU in 48 hrs. Just pure bullshit - we got the center valve in 2 days after diagnosed and ordered. :doh:

Minou
March 14th, 2006, 20:52
As my car is still in the audi dealer in leicester UK and I am told it will remain for at least several more weeks I am very interested to know from you how recently you had your valve and what country you are in.

colin

Aronis
March 14th, 2006, 21:04
I'm in the US, New York state, the got the first pair of valves in about 5 days (but got two left side valves) the second order for the 'right' valve took about 4 days.

I am currently expecting another set of valves to arrive tomorrow as they were ordered yesterday by the Regional Service Rep who I guess has more pull to get parts quickly. He also ordered the new front shocks!

Good luck with yours!

Mike