PDA

View Full Version : DRC.. News..and you wont like it either..

Hy Octane
March 9th, 2006, 23:45
So.. Its been about 2 days now driving on my replaced DRC system.. And something is wrong..
Initially, I just figured that new shocks will need a litle time to settle in... Not so..

The car sits visibly about one inch higher than it did previously..

Also, in driving it, I have noticed alot more front end bounce and dive and squat plus corner roll have all increased notably.. Whereas before, when I used to go over my local street bumps. the car was stiff and gave a good solid shock rebound like 'kathunk'. Now, over those same bumps. it goes more like kathunk-a-thunk-a.....
It rides more like my 2003 4.2 sport did..
Cornering.. the car doesnt turn in like it did and understeer and body roll have increased..

Call to SM.. He confirms that Audi has updated the DRC part numbers with new ones.. all 4 shocks and center valves have new part #'s and thats all there is for us..
Since they have done others before mine, I asked if anyone else had mentioned this.. He said most have noticed a more cushy ride than before..
If you try and enter the old part numbers in to the database, new ones come up..
In short, Audi has softened up our suspensions without even the courtesy of telling us .. and its a noticeable step backwards in performance and ride.. Might as well just yank it out and get Pss9 coilovers now..
So, if you notice the above when you get yours back from this repair, this is why..
This might just be the last straw..

5000S old skool
March 10th, 2006, 02:43
Stassis:0:

Vegasguy
March 10th, 2006, 02:47
Yea! What he said.

Of course I AM biased as I used to crew for the TC team. :)

Pete

Bauer
March 10th, 2006, 04:54
Hy Octane- Very sorry to hear of your continued problems, really suck.

But I agree on the STaSIS set up. The Motorsport with the Ohlins dampers are really amazing. You can feel where your money goes.

Oh and Vegasguy, have you seen this

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/37207.phtml

Should be a very good year.

Vegasguy
March 10th, 2006, 05:44
No I had not seen that, I had dinner with Paul when he was in town for SEMA and we spoke about this years plans so I know what the cars were going to be, but I did not know they were ready to go. Car looks nice.

OK, sorry to steal the thread, back to the regularly scheduled programing.

Pete

Benman
March 10th, 2006, 15:06
Originally posted by Bauer
have you seen this

Paul, very sorry to hear. It just keeps getting more and more ridiculous for you! Unbelievable!

I'll also agree that if my DRC goes, Stasis is the way I'll go. As long as AoA is flipping the bill, I'll let them mess with the DRC, but as soon as it's past and the DRC gives me any issues... Stasis for me.

Ben, awesome new car, I wish the team the Best!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Aronis
March 10th, 2006, 15:21
Nice to have the $5000 to do that! But what's next when the Engine gives you trouble?

An aftermarket BMW Engine? Honda?

We need to nip this in the bud now and demand better service as a group.

I can't even imagine what bs the A8 guys go through with the electronic problems in their cars!
There is an A8 under the knife in Latham as we speak. They don't read the manual so they'll never figure it out!

Mike

SoCal
March 14th, 2006, 07:54
Originally posted by Bauer

A good year indeed. What a sweet ride. Enjoy! And good luck to the team.

Hy Octane - very sorry to hear about the continued problems and the softer ride on the new DRC parts. It's unconscionable that Audi would make that kind of a change for this car and think that no one would notice after the "repairs" were done that performance was adversely affected.