PDA

View Full Version : DRC repaired. So far, all is well..

Hy Octane
March 8th, 2006, 18:32
Replaced all four shocks and center valve unit. Got her back yesterday and waited to post today to see if all is good. New control arms needed as bushings were shot.. New front rotors and pads (#3)..

Now, we can get back to fixin the motor ..

Audihead
March 8th, 2006, 21:29
How many miles on your ride?

Aronis
March 8th, 2006, 21:30
Excellent!

Just had my car test driven at a Non-RS6 dealership by a Secret Porsche Mechanic of an undisclosed dealership. LOL.

Front shocks are not functioning properly which explains the front bottoming out on every bump, the very crappy handling at any speed, the side slipping on turns, etc.....

No surprise to me, I thought the fronts should have been changed at the onset since the same seals that went bad in the back would go bad in the front! Unless the front seals where Magic seals (a little My Cousin Vinnie humor).

So it's back to the RS6 dealer on Friday. I hope there are some parts out there!

Mike

They will get it fixed I know they will....:cry:

Minou
March 8th, 2006, 21:41
Do not get excited about parts being available. My Rs6 in England, Leicester at Reg Vardy garage is still sitting there after over two weeks waiting for the valve block. It was due today but I have been told this evening that it is not in the UK and there is a possibility that there are non at Audi germany. car has been unusable since January - I have asked for a valuation tomorrow to get rid of it. Bear in mind that it has been in and out of the garage since Jan. for up to two weeks at a time with various front/rear shocks replaced - all to no avail.

Pile of crap, no, when it ran it was great but as I need to use it as a daily reliable car it is of no use. One has to consider Audi as a car to use as a 3rd car - the company obviously has serious quality and service issues. Goodbye Audi.

colin

Minou
March 8th, 2006, 21:45
Further to my previous message I have to say that my plan to update to a new RS4 avant from my Rs6 avant is a dead duck. The Rs4 also has the same suspension set up so there is no way that one can consider buying into the same problem, so be warned and pass on the message.

colin

Aronis
March 8th, 2006, 22:12
The system can be replaced with the Olihns Shock System $3800 for parts, plus labor in about 7 hours at Speedtechnik in Norwalk CT. The parts take less than a week to arrive! The ride is supposed to be not too harsh but much better handling if that is possible!

I got a quote of just under $5000. Too much for me to want to pay for a leased car, but if Audi paid for that at the onset they would have saved a small fortune.

Mike

Hy Octane
March 9th, 2006, 01:16
Just turned 22,700 miles..

Audihead
March 9th, 2006, 17:10
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Just turned 22,700 miles..

Holy Sh*t!http://dtwaudi.com/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif That is not very many miles at all. I sure hope thay have refined the system on the RS4. If not they will have a nice static display model to work from in their service bay.

Rupert
March 10th, 2006, 08:15
Mine had the DRC problem when I bought it - at only 5000 miles! :cry:

It's unfortunate that car makers stop all development/improvement work after a car has been released to the public except when they issue a recall. They seem to fit the SAME parts to 'fix' the SAME problem time after time, no matter how short the lifetime of the 'fix'.

Benman
March 10th, 2006, 15:15
With Paul at @22K and Rupert @5k, it seems the DRC is a hit or miss problem. Iconcls is well over 50K and has not posted any issues. I'm nearing the 35K mark and others here also have cleared the 35K and beyond point without any DRC problems. I'm definately keeping my eyes on this for future reference...

Ben:addict: