PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Recaro Seats

BBGT2
March 7th, 2006, 21:23
Gents,

Anyone here know of someone or has any expirence of getting these seats from Germany over to the States ?
The reason I ask is because I have come across a complete set but the guy says he cant send the aribags via air mail due to them having a detonating agent in them.
Any one here know if the air bags in my current USA Rs6 seats if they are the same as the Recaro version for the overseas ones.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am SO EXCITED about getting these babies in my car ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Bajo:addict:

AndyBG
March 7th, 2006, 21:48
Bajo,

i just discused my brother on that one and we are 99% sure those airbags are the same, so i think those from your curennt seats will make in to Recaros without any problems.

Andy

Vegasguy
March 7th, 2006, 22:18
Does that mean he can't ship them at all or just not air? Should be able to ship them via ground. Body shops use these things every day.

Pete

BBGT2
March 8th, 2006, 02:54
Originally posted by AndyBG
Bajo,

i just discused my brother on that one and we are 99% sure those airbags are the same, so i think those from your curennt seats will make in to Recaros without any problems.

Andy

Thank you brother, either way he is going to get them to me one way or another.

BBGT2
March 8th, 2006, 02:55
Originally posted by Vegasguy
Does that mean he can't ship them at all or just not air? Should be able to ship them via ground. Body shops use these things every day.

Pete

Pete,

I am sure he can send them on a alow boat over, I just dont want to wait for 30 days while its sailing across the Atlantic to put my seats in. If the regulat USA seats fit that would be awesome.

Vegasguy
March 8th, 2006, 03:05
I would also go ahead and ship the seats without the airbags and install the US bags into the Euro seats, after the swap you will have a set of US RS seats with no bags and little value. If the Euro bags show up a month later the now usless seats have value... see where I am going here? :hahahehe:

BBGT2
March 8th, 2006, 04:22
Vegasguy,

That is what I was thinking, my only concern and original question was that if I can swap them, if so, that I am good to go and dont mind waiting for the air bags to arrive.
I also think I have the US seats sold already which is great.

Aronis
March 8th, 2006, 13:07
You would be better off leaving your stock seats intact in the garage just incase you have afender bender and loose and air bag or two.

It would be easier to replace the proper seat with the proper air bags than to chance that the air bags from the recaros are not the correct size.

I sat in an S4 last week with the recaro seats, they are very nice! Would the S4 Recaro's fit in an A6? If so, that could be an option, buy the RS6 recaro set, without the air bags and a set of FRONT S4 recaros......that way you get the proper sized rear bench and back and proper functioning front recaros perhaps sans the RS6 logo.

Mike

BBGT2
March 8th, 2006, 15:13
Mike, appreciate the input but it looks like I have the US seats pretty much sold to a member on the Nav forum.
I dont know if the S4 seats will fit our cars they look like the same type just dont know if the rails and mounts are the same.

I talked to the guy today on the phone and he is checking with the freight company (he actually works for one at the airport) and will probably be shipping them out by the end of next week or the monday after that. So when they leave germany they will be here the same day at the states via Lufthansa.
If anyone is interested in purchasing some seats from him PM me and I will forward you his email, the price is very fair.
He is getting the seats from Audi AG and they are obviously used with about 25-30K km, he should be sending me pics soon and I will post them.
And he will be sending them with the air bags included in the seats.
Cant wait to get them and I will post pictures from start to finish this time.

AndyBG
March 8th, 2006, 15:40
Bajo,

what colour are they, grey (silver)?

BBGT2
March 8th, 2006, 15:50
Andy, NO WAY black is the only way to go for me for interiors, I dont like the lighter color seats.

Hy Octane
March 8th, 2006, 17:07
Man. I've been trying to get a set for mine with no luck.. Do you think you can locate a second set?

Vegasguy
March 8th, 2006, 17:12
Originally posted by Bajors6

So when they leave germany they will be here the same day at the states via Lufthansa.

Don't think that you will be seeing them same day, you now get to deal with the brokers and customs. WOOOO WHOO!

When I shipped a transmisson for my 200 there were additional fee's, I don't remember how much though.

Pete

BBGT2
March 8th, 2006, 19:09
Originally posted by Vegasguy
Don't think that you will be seeing them same day, you now get to deal with the brokers and customs. WOOOO WHOO!

When I shipped a transmisson for my 200 there were additional fee's, I don't remember how much though.

Pete

I never had any problems recieving parts as long as they are used and marked as such. I have sent engines and transmissions overseas without any problems. Hell I recieved 2 puppies from overseas and had no problems with customs, 2 navi systems.
Hopefully I wont have any here either.

Aronis
March 8th, 2006, 22:15
so what is the estimated total cost of that swap? Those seats are soooooooo nice.

Just curious.

Mike:0:

BBGT2
March 9th, 2006, 04:41
Originally posted by Aronis
so what is the estimated total cost of that swap? Those seats are soooooooo nice.

Just curious.

Mike:0:

OK,
Here is the price without shipping which I dont know how much just yet.

2 Front Euro Audi RS6 seats,
Complete rear seat,
4 door panels,
2200 Euros, seats have around 25k KM on them and are from and Audi test car that they dismantled. NOT involved in any accident.
I dont know if the Euro door panels were different than the ones we get here but I will be getting them.
The estimate for for shipping is around 500 euros with air bags in special container for everything.

Aronis
March 9th, 2006, 12:44
Um....3000 or so US dollars? is Euro ahead of the US dollar?

Look forward to seeing the pictures!

Mike

BBGT2
March 9th, 2006, 14:34
Mike,

Yeah unfort. the euro is worth more than the US dollar.
As it stands toiday its $2621.63 plus shipping around $595 so it will we over $3k. It might be a little steep for a used set but not really when I really want them bad. I would assume that a brand new set would be around $10k if not more. So I am OK with $3200 or so for a complete set with door panels.

Question about the door panels, are they different in some ways from the US versions? Anyone know.

AndyBG
March 9th, 2006, 15:00
Originally posted by Bajors6

Question about the door panels, are they different in some ways from the US versions? Anyone know.

Bajo, kako je? :D,

I am not 100% sure on that issue, becouse i never saw a US market version of RS6 in person, i saw some other cars (Touareg, Cayenne...) and there wasn't any noteble diference in door panelss, and i don't see the reason for them to be diferent, so my GESS is they are same.

All best,

Andy

BBGT2
March 9th, 2006, 15:07
Originally posted by AndyBG
Bajo, kako je? :D,

I am not 100% sure on that issue, becouse i never saw a US market version of RS6 in person, i saw some other cars (Touareg, Cayenne...) and there wasn't any noteble diference in door panelss, and i don't see the reason for them to be diferent, so my GESS is they are same.

All best,

Andy

Andy, gura se nekako :D Kako si mi ti.

I doubt they are different just wanted to double check, it doesnt make a difference as I will sell them if they are the same.

Pozdrav mom BG-u.

Bajo:D

BBGT2
March 9th, 2006, 20:16
NO GO on the seats as they arent the RS6 seats as the guy thought and was told by someone. SO if anyone here is interested in them drop him a line at stephanmueller1970@gmx.de

Oh well easy come easy go, I will keep searching I guess.

BBGT2
March 9th, 2006, 20:22
Pic 1

BBGT2
March 9th, 2006, 20:23
Pic 2

AndyBG
March 9th, 2006, 22:56
Oh, man, i can imagine you raction wehn you saw these pic's.

I saw recently A6 (C5) 2.5 TDI with same seats as those ^^^ up.

Pozdrav!

AndyBG
March 9th, 2006, 23:49
Bajo, you have a PM!