PDA

View Full Version : From production to delivery

Thilo
March 9th, 2003, 12:58
I just got a phone call from my Audi dealer. He told me that my Daytona grey RS6 was produced last friday . It was supposed to be delivered in june (as i wrote before) but right now it looks like the hurried up with my baby.

Does anybody know, how long it takes from production day to delivery. I live in Switzerland which is only 3 hours from Ingoldstadt away. My dealer said it will take aprox. 3 weeks. I can't believe that the 3 hours journey will take 3 weeks or are they testing the car for 1 or 2 weeks ?

I really would appreciate your comments !

I just caaaaaaaaan't wait :trash:

Greetings
Thilo

kusabusa
March 10th, 2003, 09:40
... if you have to wait!

Thilo, I also live in Switzerland and have to wait for my little baby. The planned production for my car is the last week in march. As my dealer told me, it takes two week from the production up to customer shipment. AMAG, the import company need for the "logistic" one week. Let's have a beer at Easter and smile about our impatient feelings. :bunny2:
By the way: "A nice baby takes also 9 months to get ready"! Smile

Markus
:incar:

PS. How looks your car? Some upgrades from Sportec or Digitpower?

Thilo
March 10th, 2003, 09:56
Beer at easter is ok for me !:cheers:

Mine is daytona grey. I also have ordered the sunroof. I am not sure about putting some movit brakes on. Also the chip tuning gives me a headache.

I've decided to drive it first for a month and than let's see if i need some extra power.

PS : I have written you a PM. Maybee you should check if you have disabled PM's in your User CP.

Cheers
Thilo :addict:

scoop
March 10th, 2003, 10:19
From my own experience:
The car is built in 2 steps. First, the basic body is built within the regular A6 production in Neckarsulm. This takes about a week. Mine was built the week of February 3rd.

Then the car is transferred to quattro GmbH (same place, different building) for finishing work (putting DRC in place, fitting sports exhaust (if any), sillboards, rear spoiler for the sedan) and some final checks like leakage checks etc. This takes another week, starting February 10th for my car. I even visited quattro GmbH when my car was finalized. Pretty damn impressive! :eek:

Until you finally get to take delivery of it (Got mine on February 26th) they need to print the registration document and all that bureaucracy fuss which appears to be the most challenging task in the build sequence and almost takes as long as building the car itself. :rolleyes:

Once your dealer received the registration document you can arrange the pickup if you opted to pick the car up in Neckarsulm/Ingolstadt. Otherwise the car will be sent along to your dealer via Fedex or boat.

Hope this helps.

Erik
March 10th, 2003, 10:30
Could this make the wait shorter and more durable?

Pics from the production etc.

http://audirs6.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=243&highlight=neckarsulm

Thilo
March 10th, 2003, 15:54
Thank's Erik and scoop !

scoop i hope that this time schedule also fits Switzerland. I mean, my dealer said the car was produced on friday the 7th of march. That means to me, that the car is finished. If i calculate the date plus 15 days (according to scoops case) my car should arrive at the 24th of march.

I hope i can wait until then :cry:

Cheers
Thilo