PDA

View Full Version : Attention new RS4 owners...

S4Aero
March 6th, 2006, 03:09
OK. We've been really patient. We know. You got your new toys just a few days ago, but it's time to park them for a few minutes and post some real world driving impressions. We're not asking for much. Just a few thousand words due by noon on Monday!

We're counting on you James!

jasaretta
March 6th, 2006, 03:38
+1 :thumb:

S4Aero
March 10th, 2006, 20:02
We are STILL waiting. C'mon fellas. Throw us a bone here. You've had the cars for a week. We need to read some real world owners impressions.

PLEASE!!!!

jasaretta
March 12th, 2006, 00:34
My guess is that they are all out driving them !

freerider
March 12th, 2006, 13:59
I've testdriven one yesterday, but I can't write a full review, since it's for a magazine. I'm used to driving these kind of cars, so I don't know how usefull my words are.

The one I drove was equiped with the sport suspension plus and the very nice Recaro's.

Pro:

- a lot of traction, even with the lesser Continentals that were on it
- very nice and predictable handling.
- 40/60 split made the car that little bit nicer to drive (oversteer)
- enormous power, also very constant
- ESP does give you a lot of room to play
- the sound!!!! (on the outside)
- the car really talks to you and gives you confidence
- sport suspension really is great
- the feel of the car (interior)
- really wants to go fast, but cruizing is also very nice
- the seats
- I was really impressed by the brakes (no endurance test though)

Con:

- steering is very direct, but still a little bit to passive
- engine could be more aggressive. The response of the throttle is immense, but there is still something missing
- engine not hearable enough IN the car.
- IMHO: the interior doesn't tell you to drive the car on the track. But the owner told me that the car is at least twice as nice to drive as an B6 S4 and B5 RS4 on track.
- the car really pulls (especially in 1->3th gear), but from 4th gear on, you don't feel that push, whilst its strong acceleration (for the turbo fans)

Overall: it's a fantastic car. Quattro GmbH really did a great job. This is a totally new generation of RS cars.

Fab
March 12th, 2006, 14:31
Hi freerider,

thanks for your report. Could you please comment a bit more about the super sport suspension combined with recaro seats. Is the ride ok or a bit to harsh for evey day use ? What about the suspension confort on "bad" roads ? Would you personnally get the super sport suspension ?

thanks

freerider
March 12th, 2006, 15:37
Originally posted by Fab
Hi freerider,

thanks for your report. Could you please comment a bit more about the super sport suspension combined with recaro seats. Is the ride ok or a bit to harsh for evey day use ? What about the suspension confort on "bad" roads ? Would you personnally get the super sport suspension ?

thanks

Recaro seats are a must have.

Sport Suspension is another question. You see, I'm young, so I can live with hard suspension. I can't compare with the normal suspension though. I do have to admit that it's a bit hard on the lesser roads. The car doesn't bounce, but (especially as a passenger) you will feel the bumps when you drive slow(er). It's very good in the turns. The owner told me that the normal suspension is too soft. I think it's just right this way. This car has very little compromise. You buy this car for the sportiness (sp?), not for the comfort. If you want that, you buy an A8.

To answer your question: yes, I would buy it too. In the beginning I thought it was too stiff, but after 5 minutes as a passenger and driving myself I found it just right.

Greetz Johan

Fab
March 12th, 2006, 16:12
thank you :0:

Fab

freerider
March 12th, 2006, 18:22
Originally posted by Fab
thank you :0:

Fab

No prob ;)