PDA

View Full Version : US version RS4 interior cutbacks

johnw3d
March 6th, 2006, 01:53
Is it true that the US version of the RS4 will not have the squared steering wheel or the starter button? Presumably they've shifted the "S" button to the dash, or has that gone as well?

Now that I look, I see that none of the US RS4 promo material or the AoA websites have images of the interior, which seems quite odd. Is Audi embarrased about the US RS4 interior?

Does anyone know of any other interior changes over the European interior pics we've seen posted to this forum?

Thanks,
JB

jasaretta
March 6th, 2006, 03:42
THere is an US RS4 spec somewhere on the board. But from memory there is no steering wheel, no starter button, no bucket seats.

jas

johnw3d
March 6th, 2006, 05:11
Thanks, Jas, I found it in one of the posts. Here's the link from that thread: http://academy.accessaudi.com/files/mySpex/2007_RS4.pdf

It has photos of the US version including circles & arrows showing what's different. Looks like a more-or-less stock 2006 A4 wheel with the "S" button on the dash.

The doc also says that there will be no light silver or white colors, even as sold-order options after the initial June deliveries, which is a *huge* bummer for me. Trying to decide if I can live with Avus Silver. There's actually no real light color at all in the current exterior color offerings for the US, which seems odd.

I've just come into the Audi fold, bought an A3 2.0T DSG for my wife last month and it is such a sweet, sweet car. I want to upgrade my BMW 540i now and thought I'd give Audi a go. The S4 is very nice, but the RS4 would be closer to my original plan of moving up to the 2006 M5, which I have driven a couple of times and sadly find very unsatisfactory - the SMG transmission is absolutely terrible, and the Bangle design just makes me want to cry.

Anyway, as you can guess decided to put a deposit on a RS4 and, largely through this fine forum, have been learning all I should have known going in. It's actually quite an emotional roller-coaster reading through all the threads, but I'm still determined.

Thanks one and all.
JB

CarbonFibre
March 8th, 2006, 01:39
Originally posted by johnw3d
The doc also says that there will be no light silver or white colors, even as sold-order options after the initial June deliveries, which is a *huge* bummer for me. Trying to decide if I can live with Avus Silver. There's actually no real light color at all in the current exterior color offerings for the US, which seems odd.
I could totally "live" with Avus Silver as IMO it's one of the best Audi colors currently offered. Avus Silver would be among the very top choices if I was shopping for a new RS4 (I wish).

johnw3d
March 8th, 2006, 03:38
You're right, it is a nice color. The local dealer has a quattro25 special edition S4 in that color and I spent some time getting happy with it yesterday. Anyway, the order's in for an Avus Silver, found another local dealer where I was able to get the #2 spot, so hopefully I'll be looking at the beast from the inside come June or thereabouts. Lot's of pics and reports then.

Cheers,
JB

India Whiskey Charlie
March 8th, 2006, 15:23
Originally posted by johnw3d
I've just come into the Audi fold, bought an A3 2.0T DSG for my wife last month and it is such a sweet, sweet car. I want to upgrade my BMW 540i now and thought I'd give Audi a go. The S4 is very nice, but the RS4 would be closer to my original plan of moving up to the 2006 M5, which I have driven a couple of times and sadly find very unsatisfactory - the SMG transmission is absolutely terrible, and the Bangle design just makes me want to cry.

Anyway, as you can guess decided to put a deposit on a RS4 and, largely through this fine forum, have been learning all I should have known going in. It's actually quite an emotional roller-coaster reading through all the threads, but I'm still determined.

Thanks one and all.
JB
John, I had four BMW's in a row until late 2004. The last three were 540i's of different years. I finally jumped ship when I needed to give-up the 2001 and could not stomach the newer BMW designs and quality of the fit and finish. So, I leased a 2004 S4 and couldn't be happier. I have 21k miles on it now and all that it required was scheduled maintenance. The car is also a lot of fun to drive and the fit and finish cannot be matched by any other German automobile company out there. I am now in line to get an RS4 later this year when we can specify all the available options. I don't think you'll be disappointed.