PDA

View Full Version : GALA Wire

Aronis
March 2nd, 2006, 13:18
Hey, I though that GALA wire for the NAV was something to do with the car speed? It's the Graduated Audio Level Adjustment for the SOUND!

So can you put an NAV plus in without Tapping into the GALA wire?

Also in this loaner (2001 A6 3.2) I noticed that when I crack a window (any speed) or open the sunroof the sterio not only get's louder but the treble gets boosted as well! I never noticed this in my 2000 A6 4.2 or my RS6.

Just wondering!

This is interesting because removing the glove box is a snap and I think the Antenae for the NAV Plus can be more easily tucked up there somewhere!

Mike

Boston Driver
March 2nd, 2006, 21:26
The GALA wire is not only for speed sensitive volume, but more importantly, for refreshing the loction of the car for Navigation. Those that have had connection problem with GALA have issues with the car "freezing" on the screen and not refreshing while on the move. Without GALA, you are totally dependent on the satellites for positioning, not the most accurate way to utilize the Nav IMHO.

Tapping into the wire is SO easy, and SO necessary to realize the true features of the RNS-E.

Aronis
March 3rd, 2006, 00:54
those tomtom things don't have a connection tothe speed sensor and they work ...

Oh well...

Mike

vec110
February 27th, 2007, 01:59
hey not to bring up a past post too bad but does anyone have a pick or exactly where gala wire is on an rs6? I have it at Jodi's right now installing it and he asked me..... i have no idea. i have spent the last two hours tring to find it on navplus.us. any help out there?

Aronis
February 27th, 2007, 02:04
behind the instrument cluster...in wire harness....