PDA

View Full Version : 0-60 4sec + 51mpg + soybeans????

RS4Ever
March 2nd, 2006, 03:51
yeah..pretty neat:thumb:

check out this car (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/17/eveningnews/main1329941.shtml)

also see video on right of article.

CAUTION - May be cheezy:
---------------------------------
**in future** - next time i fuel up my car and im hungy too- no problem - i can choose from either corn or soybeans; but, i hope they dont charge me by the gallon. :trash:

Benman
March 2nd, 2006, 19:18
Originally posted by RS4Ever
yeah..pretty neat:thumb:

check out this car (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/17/eveningnews/main1329941.shtml)

also see video on right of article.

CAUTION - May be cheezy:
---------------------------------
**in future** - next time i fuel up my car and im hungy too- no problem - i can choose from either corn or soybeans; but, i hope they dont charge me by the gallon. :trash:
:applause:

RS4Ever,

Great find!:thumb:

Doesn't it just make you sick to your stomach that we could have this stuff, but it's witheld? Sad huh? Really cool to also see it built by students that society had thrown away. Teachers like Simon Hauger should be winning medals.

Oh, BTW, that car will never see production. The oil industries (and government) will never allow it.:(

Ben:addict:

Qriouz
March 2nd, 2006, 20:36
thats some students!!!! really cool stuff...

RS4Ever
March 3rd, 2006, 00:39
Originally posted by Benman
:applause:

Doesn't it just make you sick to your stomach that we could have this stuff, but it's witheld? Sad huh? Really cool to also see it built by students that society had thrown away. Teachers like Simon Hauger should be winning medals.

Oh, BTW, that car will never see production. The oil industries (and government) will never allow it.:(

yes.. its pretty sad.
the government should be the first to show an example of being environmentally friendly.
they might be in a contract with all these oil industries for a long time.
as an example, think of all the pollution that can be reduced just by having the post office vehicles hybrid or run on soy.

im not sure of the process of extracting energy from soy, or how these guys pulled it off, but it would be interesting to know.

i guess by now we are all aware of corn and the ethenol that is extracted - not the most effiecient way

and finally, one night on 60min (or Nightline, Dateline, etc) - they were interviewing the governer of the state of Montana and about his idea to create syn-fuel from coal. Montana is very rich in coal - its can be seen like sand on a dune.
Even in that interview they talked about the soy bean fields (many) of Montana and how energy could also be created.

more and more applications are becoming available to us everyday. the deal is - lets use one - especially if its better in almost if not all ways.

looking forward to soybean fuel in cars-
i might not be the only one having gas after eating soy beans :hihi:

Benman
March 3rd, 2006, 15:43
Originally posted by RS4Ever

i might not be the only one having gas after eating soy beans :hihi:
:D

I'd think it's the same principle as any other Bio Deisel, no? So yeah, totally doable. We'll see what happens though...

BTW, there's like 50 or 60 billion gallons of petrol that Canada wants to sell us, but the US refuses to buy (gee, cause that will make the price of fuel go down!!!:rolleyes: Sad... And worse, they're using political pressure to keep them from selling overseas! There was a 60 minutes special. Crazy stuff.