PDA

View Full Version : Dealer allocation info?

firewired
March 1st, 2006, 04:43
Like so many others I have placed my order for a RS4 today (Daytona over black). :wo:

This will be my first Audi! Weird thing is I was supposedly something like sixth on the list. Seems kind of strange that they would put my order in, when there are five in front of me. What is Audi's usual practice with these things, at what point in the process would you expect the dealers would find out what their allocations are?

Benman
March 1st, 2006, 17:28
Congrats,

I was also six or so on my dealer's list (for my RS 6), got the car fine. Dealers will always find a way to sell you a car, even if they get it from another dealer.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

johnw3d
March 4th, 2006, 23:23
Congrats, indeed. I put a deposit down a short while ago, 7th on the list, but my dealer is saying the ordering is not open yet, so he says he's very surprised anyone is actually getting orders in. Did you get a factory order confirmation number, or some such?

He also claims I could be in the initial allotment, though I can't how this is possible. Does anyone know how many cars per month a typical dealer would be getting (or whatever interval is appropriate)?

What options & colors did you chose from, my dealer says there is no info yet on this.

Again, congrats, and pardon the little show of anxiety on my part your news has prompted <g>.

Cheers,
JB

firewired
March 4th, 2006, 23:34
Last Monday my dealer emailed me the final order guide. He placed my order into the system and emailed me a copy of the commission/order number afterwards.

Everyone else from all of the different Audi boards I have been following seemed to post at the same time that their dealers had called them to put their order in as well. Check out all the threads here and on audiworld.

johnw3d
March 5th, 2006, 00:06
Thanks very much for the info - I'm trying to get clarification from my dealer now, though he still claims ordering is not open. Wonder if different dealers get different ordering schedules, or something.

k2
March 8th, 2006, 22:30
Guys,

Champion has called me several times in the past two weeks. Each dealer (based on standing within the network) will get dealer cars that they can allocate to customers or use for marketing (few will go this route im sure). These dealer cars are the ones that people are talking about - but they are ordered by the dealer - not customers. If you are a really good customer (buying several cars a year) then you get on this list. Otherwise you go on general allocation (again based on units sold to date). The ordered cars will fall about a month behind the initial dealer cars. So we are going to see people getting cars in the US in stages. There will be a few that show up in May (right after the Q7) and then allocations will start trickling in around end of June.

Make sure you get your name on the S8 list as well.

K2

Audihead
March 9th, 2006, 17:04
I guess I am one of the lucky ones then. My dealer supposedly sold the second most RS6's in the country and I was 1st on their list. They told me my car was the first one in the order bank.:0:
As far as May for the car, I am not sure about that. I think the deliveries of the Q7 and RS4 will run concurrently in @ Mid-June.

johnw3d
March 10th, 2006, 05:11
That's consistent with what my dealer just told me.

As I understand it, the factory has not started processing orders yet, but will likely do so next week at which point information about production dates should be forthcoming I presume. Do any of you have production dates assigned yet, by any chance?

snark
March 10th, 2006, 17:15
I just got a confirmation with a ETA date this morning: May 22nd. My order got matched here in the US as a "market intro" order.

My order is for daytona grey with black interior and CF trim, by the way.

Audihead
March 10th, 2006, 18:14
Originally posted by johnw3d
That's consistent with what my dealer just told me.

As I understand it, the factory has not started processing orders yet, but will likely do so next week at which point information about production dates should be forthcoming I presume. Do any of you have production dates assigned yet, by any chance?

No production date yet, but then I haven't asked yet. I will be going to pick up another car in the next couple of weeks and will ask when I am there.

Audihead
March 10th, 2006, 18:16
Originally posted by snark
I just got a confirmation with a ETA date this morning: May 22nd. My order got matched here in the US as a "market intro" order.

My order is for daytona grey with black interior and CF trim, by the way.

That should be one beautiful ride, CONGRATS!:rs4addict

snark
March 10th, 2006, 18:27
Originally posted by Audihead
That should be one beautiful ride, CONGRATS!:rs4addict

Thank you, very excited! :rs4kiss:

johnw3d
March 10th, 2006, 19:28
Thanks for the update and congrats also on the confirmation. I'm pressing my dealer now for more info.

Mine's an Alvus Silver, black interior, CF trim.

S4Aero
March 10th, 2006, 20:06
Mine is the same as johnw3d. Talked to the dealer yesterday. No date confirmation although "early June" is being tossed about quite a bit...

snark
March 10th, 2006, 20:14
Originally posted by S4Aero
Mine is the same as johnw3d. Talked to the dealer yesterday. No date confirmation although "early June" is being tossed about quite a bit...

I have a feeling my May 22nd may really be early June, too. :-)

firewired
March 11th, 2006, 21:52
Just got an email from my dealer that my order is now showing May 1st! First time that he had emailed me any information regarding estimated delivery date. Anyone else heard a date that early? I am skeptically optimistic.

johnw3d
March 11th, 2006, 23:59
I had been told by another dealer that the orders were not yet being picked up by the factory, this would happen sometime next week or so. I can't get a straight answer out of mine, he says he should know for sure sometime in April. Does that sound right?

Firewired, do you know what your current Order Status code is? Mine was "I.S. Order Bank (05)" when it went into the system.

Wavehogger
March 13th, 2006, 04:22
Hey guys, Well I'm on waiting list to be a first time Audi owner and I suppose I've been waiting to do it right (for me anyway, cause I'm not normal) so my RS4 is also in the "I.S. Order Bank (05)" like yours John. Let's all keep each other up to date so we can try to calculate when the QuattroMonsters will be here. Whenever I get an update i'll post it. I ordered the Mugello (Dark) Blue pearl effect.. Being Mr. Instant Gratification, it's gonna be a long wait..

Steve

Audihead
March 13th, 2006, 17:05
Mine says the same IS (05). Three or four months isn't that long to wait. Anytime I have ordered anything from any Germany it has taken @ this amount of time. The wait to get to order it was the worst, now at least we have some movement and know the cars are coming.:0:

lcrcr
March 13th, 2006, 23:00
My sales guy called today to say that my RS4 will be built on March 31, with projected delivery date May 29. This is an Avus Silver car with all the options that are supposed to be in the first batch. (Black interior, no rear bombs, etc.)

FWIW.

johnw3d
March 14th, 2006, 03:40
Icrcr, do you happen to know what your current order status code is? Were you told this build date was from the factory?

It's a pity Audi doesn't have something like the BMW web-based order status checking system. We wouldn't be in the dark and such nervous wrecks bothering one-another in these forums. :confused:

lcrcr
March 14th, 2006, 09:40
Originally posted by johnw3d
Icrcr, do you happen to know what your current order status code is? Were you told this build date was from the factory?

I was told that this information came from the factory. But I didn't ask for an order status code. I will be talking further with them soon as I will probably trade my B6 S4 early (wouldn't want to hit a deer between now and then).

masmole
March 15th, 2006, 02:12
I didn't ask about a status code either but my dealer simply read to me what he saw on the screen in the audi ordering system network thingy. He read it as build date 3/24, port of exit 4/4, and estimated delivery 5/1. However, he went on to say not to hold my breath since a recent meeting of sales personnel indicated that the first US RS4's are not supposed to be delivered until June so there's a possibility that the car will be held by Audi until the official release date.

Nevertheless, it's still great news knowing my car is in production stock (pulled by the factory) and no more changes can be made. Looking very much forward to my Misano Red/Black beast.

SoCal
March 18th, 2006, 11:11
My dealer said that their first three RS4s -- all sold -- have just started being manufactured and were due in U.S. toward the end of May. Also said that delays in transit or at the port could push customer delivery to the first or second week of June. I don't know build codes, but the information is consistent with other reports.

johnw3d
March 18th, 2006, 13:59
Is there anyone with US orders in for the introductory configurations (color & trim the only options) who has not received build date info?

Also, is anyone getting order status updates via email? There is mention on the Audi USA site that they will send order status emailings.

firewired
March 18th, 2006, 19:57
I have been told order is in and had been uploaded, not told a build date yet. I'll email them today, let you know if i get similar dates.

firewired
March 18th, 2006, 20:57
Dealer just emailed me the following printout, how do these jive with everyone else?:

Actual
Order Entry 12/21/2005
Marked Sold Order 03/10/2006
Vehicle Assigned 03/10/2006
Release to Manuf. 12/22/2005
Release for Production 03/03/2006
ETA
Ship Loaded 04/14/2006
Port Arrived 05/03/2006
Rel. to Carrier (Port) 05/16/2006
Dealer Delivered Week of 05/29/2006

Which ports does Audi use. I know BMW uses N.J., S.C., and C.A. depending on the cars destination.

Wavehogger
March 18th, 2006, 22:26
My Dealer told me that Rhode Island is the port for the N.E. Those dates seem to jive with what most of us are being told..

Wavehogger
March 27th, 2006, 16:02
So out of curiosity I thought I'd go around my dealer and call Audi Corp to see if I could squeeze some info about when the RS4's may be acutually showing up. I talked with a woman who seemed to be being kept in the loop.

The scoop is: RS4's will be arrriving in May (I pressed on beginning, middle...) and she said probably beginning to middle because Audi doesn't want to release the Q7 and RS4 at the same time it would be too much. The Q7 is supposed to start arriving in the beginning of June and most dealers with get a demo in April. Of course no demo's for the RS4, and I asked about pricing and she said that she still had no idea, but that she was supposed to be told that in the next two weeks. I guess I'll take all this with a grain of salt. Oh yeah and there are only supposed to be about 1000 units coming as well.. I was really grillin her.. ;) but she laughed and said she understood because it was such an amazing car.

Steve

Audihead
March 27th, 2006, 21:02
Johann van Nyssen (Sp.) AoA Vice-President was just on Autoline Detroit this weekend. He confirmed that dealer deliveries will start at the end of May. He was asked by the panel of automotive journalists, specifically about the RS4, that was his answer.:0: :rs4addict

Rstr
March 27th, 2006, 22:54
F*in finally! :p

sturs6
March 28th, 2006, 04:08
Does anyone need an RS4 I will order you one here and bring it to you if you can not get one. I can not imagine many will sale here but who knows we only got 4 RS6's.

Audihead
March 28th, 2006, 16:56
Originally posted by sturs6
Does anyone need an RS4 I will order you one here and bring it to you if you can not get one. I can not imagine many will sale here but who knows we only got 4 RS6's.

We will get the car, but can you bring all the other goodies we don't get? Steering Wheel, Seats, Sports + Susupension, RS4 Floor Mats, Push Button Start?:D :rs4addict