PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Launch/Training

turbo2z
March 8th, 2003, 16:02
Well on March 16-19 I will be in Tempe AZ at the Audi proving grounds driving the RS6. Can't wait to do it. I'm going out with a salesman from my dealership and we both love road racing so this is definitly a treat. I will comment when I return. Unfortunatly I can't take pics but it will be in my head for sure.:addict: :addict:

dabull
March 8th, 2003, 17:34
Turbo, you lucky dog. My salesman from Byers Imports in Columbus, Ohio just told me yesterday that he will be out there I believe the same time that you will. I take it that this is a closed session for Audi sales and service only. Have a great time flogging a world class sedan.

:bye:

turbo2z
March 20th, 2003, 04:22
Well since no one had any questions for me I quess the board knows all there is to know about the car. So I won't go into great detail about it.
I will say this it was a hoot to drive, fast, responsive,stiff.
Randy Pobst, and Michael Galati are 2 awersome guys as well as Team Panoz who was there. Took some hot laps with Galati, man that guy can drive. Actually had to use the grab handle in the rear a few times.
The car for the US market will not have Nav II, it will come with an inflatable spare, and there are a few other things I forgot but have in my notes.
The car is a monster, I can't wait to see it on our showroom.
My hat is off to Audi for this car.

:addict: :0: :addict:

Erik
March 20th, 2003, 09:01
Sounds like you had a great time turbo2z. :cheers:

Pictures had been great but you can't have everything.

peterb
March 20th, 2003, 11:52
Originally posted by turbo2z
[BThe car for the US market will not have Nav II, it will come with an inflatable spare[/B]

Umm, where will this spare live?? The battery lives in what is normally the spare wheel well on the A6 (at least in Europe).

turbo2z
March 21st, 2003, 00:03
The battery has moved out of the well and will take away some trunk room. The spare will be like the allroad spare. An inflatable one.

dabull
March 21st, 2003, 00:20
Turbo how did it handle? I am really interested in how effective the DRC is. How about the acceleration, did it push you back in your seat? How did the car sound?

Benman
March 21st, 2003, 00:41
Originally posted by dabull
Turbo how did it handle? I am really interested in how effective the DRC is. How about the acceleration, did it push you back in your seat? How did the car sound?

ditto the same questions:cheers:

:addict:

turbo2z
March 21st, 2003, 02:20
The handling was spot on. The DRC is very responsive. We did slalom drills at set speeds to test it and the car never felt anything other than flat.
Acceleration is awesome. Ever experience loosing your stomach over a crest to a hill or something?? This car gives you that sensation. I managed to get it into a 4 wheel drift for a split second and it didn't feel like I was out of control. Simply awesome.

:race:

Erik
March 21st, 2003, 09:43
Originally posted by dabull
I am really interested in how effective the DRC is.

I have some data from sport auto if I can find it.
It also gives you track times etc. with ESP on/off.

The RS6 is almost as quick as the Porsche GT3 in the long slalom, so the DRC should have an effect. I think RS6 about 137 km/h and GT3 around 140 km/h.

Benman
March 21st, 2003, 15:05
a 4000 lb + family sedan almost as fast as the GT3 in the
slalom???? simply amazing:bigeyes:

Erik
March 21st, 2003, 15:29
Originally posted by Benman
a 4000 lb + family sedan almost as fast as the GT3 in the
slalom???? simply amazing

Here's the proof:

http://www.track-challenge.com/main_e.asp?useframe=comparison1d_e.asp?Car1=53%26C ar2=5

Excellent site btw.

Benman
March 21st, 2003, 15:49
just amazing:bigeyes:

we all know that the RS6 wont be able to beat the GT3 around
the ring but it's unbelievable how close it comes for a family
sedan. no matter how much love and time quattro put in to the
RS6 you would think physics are physics but DANG that car can
still hold it's own even against a car designed from the ground
up to be an all out sports car!!:cheers:

the wait ain't gettin easier