PDA

View Full Version : Bentley in Geneva.

AndyBG
February 28th, 2006, 15:00
http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/en_images/index.php?idRubr=&idIndex=1809&idPage=1

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 15:26
It's really about time that Bentley update the Arnage. The car is starting to show its age. The GT is such a great looking car, much nicer looking (at least to me) than the new Rolls Royce. I've seen a couple of them in real life, and it ain't pretty.

Ben:addict:

absent
February 28th, 2006, 15:30
Originally posted by Benman
It's really about time that Bentley update the Arnage. The car is starting to show its age. The GT is such a great looking car, much nicer looking (at least to me) than the new Rolls Royce. I've seen a couple of them in real life, and it ain't pretty.

It's coming,based on a stretched FS platform,with a naturally aspirated W16,sometime in '07 premiere.

AndyBG
February 28th, 2006, 15:58
Originally posted by absent
It's coming,based on a stretched FS platform,with a naturally aspirated W16,sometime in '07 premiere.

There are reports saying 700+ hp!

:D

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 16:01
Originally posted by AndyBG
There are reports saying 700+ hp!

:D
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: Overkill is ALWAYS good.;) :D

krm
March 6th, 2006, 01:57
Excess is just part of the standard specification when it comes to these ultra-luxury cars :applause:

v8amg
March 8th, 2006, 04:48
Originally posted by Benman

Are you serious? I seen CGT's everyday and they are ugly as sin, the Arnage are the only real superb looking Bentleys left. The days where Bentley were the choice for luxury are now over if they ruin the Arnage, Rolls Royce all the way with the Phantom.

AndyBG
March 8th, 2006, 12:16
Originally posted by v8amg
Are you serious? I seen CGT's everyday and they are ugly as sin, the Arnage are the only real superb looking Bentleys left. The days where Bentley were the choice for luxury are now over if they ruin the Arnage, Rolls Royce all the way with the Phantom.

In my opinion both Continental GT and Continental Flying Spur are VERY NICE cars, to say, at least.

Far as your luxury issue,

i think those days are over, times wehn you could get whole car hand made car and other stuff, BENTLEY and RR are best thing you can get.

JavierNuvolari
March 9th, 2006, 01:17
For my taste...I would say that the Continental GT as well as the Flying Spur are great looking luxury vehicles...HOWEVER...for my taste...they do not compare to the classic looks of the of the Arnage R.

Cheers,

Javier

AndyBG
March 9th, 2006, 02:01
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari
For my taste...I would say that the Continental GT as well as the Flying Spur are great looking luxury vehicles...HOWEVER...for my taste...they do not compare to the classic looks of the of the Arnage R.

Cheers,

Javier

Javier,

you are wright, becouse they never meant to e Arnage substitude, they are ''cheap'' Bentleys, Arnage is hole other level of luxury, at least when it comes to price.

Bentley base prices in Germany:

Continental GT = 167504 EUR
Continental Flying Spur= 167504 EUR

Arnage R = 252905 EUR
Arnage T = 268570 EUR

See the diference?

AndyBG
March 9th, 2006, 02:03

Cheers,

Javier

Javier,

you are wright, becouse they never meant to be Arnage substitude, they are ''cheap'' Bentleys, Arnage is hole other level of luxury, at least when it comes to price.
But i still love the CGT and CFS looks.

Bentley base prices in Germany:

Continental GT = 167504 EUR
Continental Flying Spur= 167504 EUR

Arnage R = 252905 EUR
Arnage T = 268570 EUR

Are you seeing the diference?

JavierNuvolari
March 9th, 2006, 02:22
Yup mate, I do now :0:

Cheers,

Javier

absent
March 12th, 2006, 13:30
Yup mate, I do now :0:

Cheers,

Javier
Arnage is higher priced but you wouldn't want to drive it daily over the FS.
It drives and feels like a leather and wood clad F150 and performance,even in T ,is way below its lower priced cousin.
It looks dated,does not provide enough luxury ,performance and handling for the price,it really needs replacement asap.