PDA

View Full Version : I did It!

Audihead
February 27th, 2006, 16:14
I just got the word, i ordered my car this morning. The ordering banks for the U.S. spec RS4 open today at 12 noon. The options were Alum. or carbon fiber trim, rear side airbags or not, XM or Sirius radio, filler plate for the front and exterior and interior colors. I chose Sprint blue w/ Black interior. Should look like this:

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS4/HI-RS4-4.jpg

I can't wait. Hoping for a June or ealier delivery!:rs4addict

Benman
February 27th, 2006, 16:20
Aaron:cheers:

I have zero doubt you will fall in love with the new Beast! RS 4, what can I say... :bow:

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

krm
February 27th, 2006, 16:54
Congrats! :rs4addict

Payne
February 27th, 2006, 17:05
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And remember- It is A MUST to give us loads and loads of pics:hihi: :hihi:

AndyBG
February 27th, 2006, 17:20
Drive it in good health!

CONGRATS' !!!

Ruergard
February 27th, 2006, 17:47
Congratulations!

Pictures is a must! :D

Parikh1234
February 27th, 2006, 18:13
I havent heard anything from my dealer yet :w: Did they give you the option to do custom paint if you wanted? I think its called audi exclusive paint or something or other.

Payne
February 27th, 2006, 18:29
Originally posted by Parikh1234
I havent heard anything from my dealer yet :w: Did they give you the option to do custom paint if you wanted? I think its called audi exclusive paint or something or other.

Yes, audi exclusive paints are available to order for Rs4. However you have to pay a lot for it. Here slightly over $3k..

edit: lol even a navi's cheaper than the audi exclusive paint:)))

Parikh1234
February 27th, 2006, 18:41
Originally posted by Payne
Yes, audi exclusive paints are available to order for Rs4. However you have to pay a lot for it. Here slightly over $3k..

edit: lol even a navi's cheaper than the audi exclusive paint:)))

for a 75k car, thats 4%. I rather do exclusive paint cause it would make the car all that much special. I think that when you are going for an exclusive car like the rs4, you want it to stand out as much as possible. Just my opinion though. Imagine how much a deep lamborghini purple would look on the car. Or the lambo yellow:love:

Payne
February 27th, 2006, 18:49
for a 75k car, thats 4%. I rather do exclusive paint cause it would make the car all that much special. I think that when you are going for an exclusive car like the rs4, you want it to stand out as much as possible. Just my opinion though. Imagine how much a deep lamborghini purple would look on the car. Or the lambo yellow:love:

Well it depends.
If you want stealth you choose stealthy paint. If you want to make it different even from other Rs4, you choose colours like you mentioned.

I'd rather have sprint blue pearl(no extra $) and get a sport exhaust with that extra $3k:). Don't get me wrong, I still agree with you that the lambo yellow for ex. would look good on it. It is just case of priorities.

Just my opinion.

:thumb:

Parikh1234
February 27th, 2006, 18:54
Well it depends.
If you want stealth you choose stealthy paint. If you want to make it different even from other Rs4, you choose colours like you mentioned.

I'd rather have sprint blue pearl(no extra $) and get a sport exhaust with that extra $3k:). Don't get me wrong, I still agree with you that the lambo yellow for ex. would look good on it. It is just case of priorities.

Just my opinion.

:thumb:

ohhhhh sport exhaust:doh: Thanks for making it even more difficult...jerk;)

Has anyone released any exhausts with any performance gains?

Payne
February 27th, 2006, 19:07
ohhhhh sport exhaust Thanks for making it even more difficult...jerk

Sorry, budy:bye2: :D

Has anyone released any exhausts with any performance gains?

I believe MTM already has something. There has been something on the forum. Now, where?:)

Parikh1234
February 27th, 2006, 19:09
Sorry, budy:bye2: :D

I believe MTM already has something. There has been something on the forum. Now, where?:)

I wonder if there will be a way to get this car over 500hp, with torque gains also. That would be amazing.

Payne
February 27th, 2006, 19:20
I wonder if there will be a way to get this car over 500hp, with torque gains also. That would be amazing.

Check this (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8275&highlight=MTM+RS4) out;)

Erik
February 27th, 2006, 21:11
Congratulations!

:rs4addict

S4Aero
February 28th, 2006, 00:38
My dealer called today as well. My order is placed. Avus Silver, Silver Leather, Premium, Rear Side Air Bags, Sirius.

He said to expect it it June. The second wait begins...

nyrs6
February 28th, 2006, 04:47
I am confused :confused: :vhmmm:

I thought the first RS4's are going to hvae black interior and premium package and carbonfiber trim only?

No options of interior color only exterior?

jasaretta
February 28th, 2006, 06:11
Depends what country you are in. In Australia you can pick the colour of the headlining and if you order the Recaro seats rather than the bucket seats you can change the colour.

The carbon fibre is standard and a no cost option is brushed aluminium.

jas

lcrcr
February 28th, 2006, 10:05
Originally posted by nyrs6
I am confused :confused: :vhmmm:

I thought the first RS4's are going to hvae black interior and premium package and carbonfiber trim only?

No options of interior color only exterior?

Choices for the initial US cars include interior/exterior color, al or cf trim, XM or Sirius sat radio, rear side airbags.

My "order" is in. Now the wait begins.

gazzab
February 28th, 2006, 12:10
Audihead, have you seen the Sprint Blue in the flesh, I loved the pictures in Sprint Blue, but in real life not so enamoured.

Gazzab

Oh and by the way congrads.

Audihead
February 28th, 2006, 15:45
First off, thank you very much. Now the second wait begins, this one should be much shorter.:0: Congrats to S4Aero and Icrcr as well. Now for the questions:

I havent heard anything from my dealer yet Did they give you the option to do custom paint if you wanted? I think its called audi exclusive paint or something or other.

I did not ask about custom paint through the Audi Exclusive Program. I ordered Sprint Blue, i'm a Blue nut. I think you might have to wait for June for the Exclusive Program to kick in. It never hurts to ask though.

Audihead, have you seen the Sprint Blue in the flesh, I loved the pictures in Sprint Blue, but in real life not so enamoured.

Yes i have, I like it alot. My dealer has a Sprint Blue S4 sitting in the showroom right next to a 2003 Ebony Black RS6. Can't wait to see a RS6 and RS4 next to each other.

Thanx again everyone!:rs4addict

gazzab
February 28th, 2006, 20:36
Audihead,

Fair enough, is the ebony black similar to Phantom black, how did the Ebony look?

Gazzab

Audihead
February 28th, 2006, 22:33
Originally posted by gazzab
Audihead,

Fair enough, is the ebony black similar to Phantom black, how did the Ebony look?

Gazzab

Others with more experience please chime in here. I think the Ebony Black was more of a pearl Black and Phantom is more a straight Black.

nyrs6
March 1st, 2006, 01:32
Originally posted by lcrcr
Choices for the initial US cars include interior/exterior color, al or cf trim, XM or Sirius sat radio, rear side airbags.

My "order" is in. Now the wait begins.

Must have changed. Per the letter that audi gave out in december, that said that you can only choose the exterior. And that Ebony interior is standard for the intro cars.

Audihead
March 1st, 2006, 21:33
Yes, Audi was a little fuzzy about that. With the Sprint Blue you can have the Silver now I believe, all the rest Black interior for now.

johnw3d
March 4th, 2006, 17:06
Hi all. I placed a deposit on an RS4 a little while ago, but my dealer continues to tell me RS4 ordering is not yet open (here in the USA). From what I can see in this thread, at least two of you have been able to place a full order, is that right?

Can anyone tell me why some dealers are taking orders and mine is still sitting on my deposit?

Thanks very much,
JB

Rstr
March 4th, 2006, 17:31
Where are you on the list? Are you up front or the back?

johnw3d
March 4th, 2006, 19:36
Good question. Probably near the back, as the dealer did not say there was any ordered list, nor what my spot on it was when I placed the deposit. Seems like I'm being a bit naive.

From your question, I'm guessing they can only order one at a time. Any idea how long between each order?

No wonder he's been trying to talk me into an S4.

johnw3d
March 4th, 2006, 23:14
I've determined that I'm 7th on the deposit list, though the dealer says that I still could be in the first allotment. Is this possible? He also says the factory ordering is *not* open yet, anyway, and dealers who say they are taking orders are simply queueing them. Have any of you who mentioned ordering received factory order confirmation numbers, or anything like that?

Also was wondering what colors and options are available, from those who've ordered. My dealer says there may not be a silver, can this be possible?

Thanks for any info.

JB

gazzab
March 5th, 2006, 00:21
How can the dealers take a deposit if there is no definite order?

Gazzab

nyrs6
March 5th, 2006, 00:34
Originally posted by Audihead
Yes, Audi was a little fuzzy about that. With the Sprint Blue you can have the Silver now I believe, all the rest Black interior for now.

Dealers on audiworld say otherwise. Sprint blue is not available and no silver interior for the first models.

Although some dealers took orders with silver interior, those orders are said to come much later and not with the first batch of introduction cars.

johnw3d
March 5th, 2006, 00:40
As I understand it, this was a (relatively small, refundable) deposit to secure my place in the "RS4 queue", which would then determine my place in the orders sent to the factory.

If dealers are not supposed to do this, I'd like to know.

My current understanding is that the factory is not actually taking orders yet, but the USA order guide came out on Monday and the US Audi order system is taking orders, which constitutes another queue waiting for the factory to process them and issue allotments.

So, at the least, my dealer is not getting me into the next queue in a timely manner.

jasaretta
March 5th, 2006, 01:09
That was standard practice downunder. I paid my deposit and detailed my options to ensure i got a build spot. This was even before the dealer had the specs.

The contract says I can cancel and get a full refund and will confirm all costing on options etc before build commences.

The deposit was to make sure I got on of only 45 coming to Australia.

jas

gazzab
March 5th, 2006, 02:30
Interesting Jas, I cancelled an order for my M3, told no problems cancelling but had to threaten legal action to get my deposit back, one of the main reasons why I will not buy another BMW, after having bought two BMW's. This is not an isolated incident happened to another M3 owner I know! So called prestige car dealers!!!!

Gazzab

Goldorak
March 6th, 2006, 06:50
Originally posted by nyrs6
Dealers on audiworld say otherwise. Sprint blue is not available and no silver interior for the first models.

Although some dealers took orders with silver interior, those orders are said to come much later and not with the first batch of introduction cars.

First post here, been lurking for about a month, really enjoy the posts.

I visited a local dealer recently after reading posts here and on Audiworld about some ordering silver interiors since that's what I'd like(Sprint ext.). Here's what I found out, confirmed by official Audi Canada docs.

Up here in Canada only 3 exterior colours will be available at first:
-Phantom Black
-Daytona Grey
-Avus Silver

All interiors will be black, no sat radio.

Silver interior and the 4 other exterior colours(Sprint Blue on sold orders only) will come later(June build). XM radio is also June build while Sirius is November build.

No price yet, should come sometime in March.

Looking like September delivery at the earliest for those of us that want flashier exterior colours and silver interiors.:doh:

Prof Gascan
March 6th, 2006, 14:51
Originally posted by Goldorak
First post here, been lurking for about a month, really enjoy the posts.

I visited a local dealer recently after reading posts here and on Audiworld about some ordering silver interiors since that's what I'd like(Sprint ext.). Here's what I found out, confirmed by official Audi Canada docs.

Up here in Canada only 3 exterior colours will be available at first:
-Phantom Black
-Daytona Grey
-Avus Silver

All interiors will be black, no sat radio.

Silver interior and the 4 other exterior colours(Sprint Blue on sold orders only) will come later(June build). XM radio is also June build while Sirius is November build.

No price yet, should come sometime in March.

Looking like September delivery at the earliest for those of us that want flashier exterior colours and silver interiors.:doh:

Did they give you any indication when we'd start to see RS4s in Canada? I've heard that there will be only 10 :MTM: for Canada in the first allotment.

Goldorak
March 6th, 2006, 16:19
They're saying around 3 months from order to delivery and since orders started last week that would imply June. That seems to correspond to what most posts have been saying about the first North American deliveries.

I also saw the number 10 on AW, at this point the dealers have no idea. With such limited options early, I'm not sure it will really matter to most out there, although the 6+ month wait will be brutal.

johnw3d
March 6th, 2006, 17:11
Does anyone know if the initial RS4 options will be increased substanitally? I know they intend to unbundle the Premium Package that is mandatory in the initial shipment, but will they add more exterior/interior colors, trim, sunroofs, etc., etc.? I've seen a copy of the AoA Official 2007 RS4 Order Guide (dated Feb 2006 I think), but wondered if it's common practice to re-issue these with updated options.

Thanks,
JB