PDA

View Full Version : RS4, better then Aston!

AndyBG
February 22nd, 2006, 23:52
The Independent online:

http://motoring.independent.co.uk/road_tests/article346652.ece

Benman
February 23rd, 2006, 00:27
"It is, in fact, the best Audi ever. " :bow:

Awesome review for all future RS 4 owners! :applause:

And the guy sure likes the RS 6 as well!

Side note. The RS 4 gets worse fule economy than the "excessive" Q7?!? Wow.

Ben:addict:

sparkhill
February 23rd, 2006, 00:37
Well, it is a nice write-up, but I have to wonder if the author really knows his Audi cars very well. He says, "It took the RS6, based on the old-generation A6 and powered, like this new RS4, by a hefty V8 with not a turbocharger in sight."

The RS6 definitely had turbos along with a great V-8. In fact, those turbos were one of the most endearing aspects of the RS6. If he can't get that straight, can his comparison to other cars really be trusted?

Regardless, it doesn't matter... I'm still getting a B7 RS4.

Benman
February 23rd, 2006, 00:41
Originally posted by sparkhill
"It took the RS6, based on the old-generation A6 and powered, like this new RS4, by a hefty V8 with not a turbocharger in sight."

Regardless, it doesn't matter... I'm still getting a B7 RS4.
Yeah, saw that as well, but didn't assume he was that completely stupid. I thought maybe he just worded it incredibly wrong! You know, give the guy a benefit of the doubt.:D

And yes, get the RS 4, you'll love it!

AndyBG
February 23rd, 2006, 00:57
Originally posted by Benman
"It is, in fact, the best Audi ever. " :bow:

THAT IS IRONY, first high reving, N/A powered Audi LIMOUSINE is GREATEST, and yet everybody is ''crying'' for turbos, avant...

:)

Benman
February 23rd, 2006, 01:06
Originally posted by AndyBG
THAT IS IRONY, first high reving, N/A powered Audi LIMOUSINE is GREATEST, and yet everybody is ''crying'' for turbos, avant...

Good point! :thumb:

sparkhill
February 23rd, 2006, 01:20
Originally posted by Benman
Yeah, saw that as well, but didn't assume he was that completely stupid. I thought maybe he just worded it incredibly wrong! You know, give the guy a benefit of the doubt.:D

Yes, you are probably correct about the poor wording. Still nonreassuring from a "professional" journalist.

Oh who cares, the car is going to be great!

Benman
February 23rd, 2006, 18:28
Originally posted by sparkhill
Yes, you are probably correct about the poor wording. Still nonreassuring from a "professional" journalist.

No kidding!:D

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

steffenr
February 24th, 2006, 19:37
Originally posted by AndyBG

RS = avant and turbo

AndyBG
February 25th, 2006, 01:07
Originally posted by steffenr
RS = avant and turbo

Could not agree more,

but as you can see that is no more a case, there is even RS4 cabrio.

Iceman
February 25th, 2006, 15:35
Without a doubt. :D

wfg, Hans.