PDA

View Full Version : Official Audi lineup & R8 engine

roadrunner
February 22nd, 2006, 11:59
Hi all!

All news taken from the speech of Dr. Martin Winterkorn at todays Audis 2006 Annual press conference (2005 Annual Report) - therefore for me it is official.

market introductions:
RS 4 Avant - 1st half 2006
RS 4 Cabriolet - 1st half 2006

A6 allroad - 1st half 2006

R8 - production beginns end of 2006 / market introduction 2007
Start engine - no news for us - 4.2 / 420 hp
further engine choises :hahahehe: with more power will follow

S3 - 2nd half 2006
only 3-door mentioned in the speech

TT Coupe - 2nd half 2006
all engines with DSG (?)

A5 - 1st half 2007
name is official for the B8 coupe version of A4
start into a new technology generation
will be build in Ingolstadt

most of it, we already new :bow:

Greets
Seb.

Benman
February 22nd, 2006, 17:14
Originally posted by roadrunner
Hi all!

All news taken from the speech of Dr. Martin Winterkorn at todays Audis 2006 Annual press conference (2005 Annual Report) - therefore for me it is official.

market introductions:
RS 4 Avant - 1st half 2006
RS 4 Cabriolet - 1st half 2006

Greets
Seb.

Wow! By June for both the Avant and Cab?!? That seems alfully quick! Especially considering all the delays the RS 4 sedan has been having. Or... maybe that was the hold up?:vhmmm:

Ben:addict:

Qisha
February 23rd, 2006, 21:14
maybe that was the hold up?

:0:

RXBG
February 27th, 2006, 16:06
A5 pushed back to 2007 CY introduction per latest press release. that leaves an S3 debut at a smaller show in berlin and the TT debut either in paris with the R8 or just before paris.

R8 will bow in paris (i still presume) and it WILL only offer the RS4 engine at first. a V10 will come later but not for at least a year i would say because the gallardo needs to get at least 550 hp. this will allow a 500 hp engine in the R8 V10. with the murcielago now making 640 horses and next year's gallardo making about 550 horses (maybe from the new 4.5L V8), the R8 V10 would make sense as it could make 500 hp and fit neatly into the line up. alternatively, a TT V8 could be used in lieu of the V10 but it is unlikely...

with the V8 the R8 will likely do 0-60 in 4.4 seconds officially but more like 4.2 seconds in mag testing. from what i hear it will cost about 100K.

bye bye M6.

kujo
March 6th, 2006, 00:50
the S5 should be a 3.6T !!!!!

Sign me up.......

2007 as a 2008 model ?

kj

tailpipe
March 6th, 2006, 11:36
There's one thing that could change this plan dramatically and that is the need for Audi engines to deliver improved fuel consumption. The RS4's engine is obviously impressive, but MPG of 12-14 with hard use is unacceptable, especially with a 60 litre fuel tank.

One has to remember the reason why Audi orginally went down the turbo route: power and frugality. Customers are demanding better fuel consumption and the car brands that offer it will stand to benefit most. Naturally aspirated engines offer fantastic response, but you pay a penalty at the fuel pump.

For all these reasons, my prediction is that the RS6 will have a V-10 TWIN TURBO and BETTER FUEL ECONOMY THAN THE LATEST RS4.

roadrunner
March 6th, 2006, 11:43
Originally posted by kujo

Sign me up.......

2007 as a 2008 model ?

kj

Hi Kujo - long time no see :bye:

What happend to your S4 and what happend to your urge for the RS4? :rs4addict

Greets
Seb.

kujo
March 6th, 2006, 15:04
hey,
Well, the S4 was great, but as TP just said, I was getting 12mpgs !!!!

We're buying a new home and it's a bit further away from where I work, so I wanted something with at least 25mpgs.
And the DSG is soo fun to drive and makes life easier in traffic too.

The RS4 ?
Well, why pay 70K for 12mpg ?
I could get a 911, have similar performance and get 18mpgs......
It just kinda got old waiting for it really.......

We'll see though..... I'm sure I'll be back into an Audi with all these new cars coming out.

kj

tailpipe
March 6th, 2006, 17:02
The RS4?

kj

Kurt,

Your reaction to the delayed arrival of the RS4 completely sums up mine and many other Audi fans' frustrations with waiting for this car.

B8 is so close now, with the A5 due to be seen later this year with sales commencing early next year, and the next A4 due late next year and on sale in early 2008. You can't help feeling that the RS4 will have a limited shelf-life. Depreciation really is bound to be a problem.

I will see what kind of MPG an S6 delivers before committing to anything.

Iceman
March 6th, 2006, 17:09
Sign me up....... 2007 as a 2008 model ?
kj

The 3.6 engine is a VR6 FSI and i think it will not be availeble in the A5.
Audi just introduced a 90 degree 300 hp 3.2 V6 FSI in the "Roadjet Concept".
The A5 coup will have almost the same V6 and V8 engines like the A4/S4/RS4.

Hans.

Benman
March 6th, 2006, 17:17
hey,
Well, the S4 was great, but as TP just said, I was getting 12mpgs !!!!

The RS4 ?
Well, why pay 70K for 12mpg ?

kj
Hey there Kujo, welcome back:cheers:

No RS 4? Sad to hear. I can understand your 12mpg comment though. Even my :addict: gets superior fuel economy than that! Crazy to think that an RS 6 gets better mileage than a S4! Weird. But I do think that those that get the RS 4 will be plenty happy they did.

Originally posted by tailpipe

Kurt,

Your reaction to the delayed arrival of the RS4 completely sums up mine and many other Audi fans' frustrations with waiting for this car.

B8 is so close now...You can't help feeling that the RS4 will have a limited shelf-life. Depreciation really is bound to be a problem.

Tailpipe, I agree that the wait is tuff, but part of the RS saga.

Same with the MkI RS 4. And as for the B8, I really doubt that ones who got the MkI RS 4 said, "You know guys, I don't think I'll get the RS 4, because the B6 is right around the corner..."

The B5 RS 4smoked the B6 A4 just like the B7 RS 4 will smoke the B8 A4. Can't even compare it. And by the time the B8 S4 comes out, the RS 4 will have been out for 4+ years. So again, hardly a comparison.

Ben:addict:

eazy
March 7th, 2006, 20:19
Originally posted by tailpipe
I will see what kind of MPG an S6 delivers before committing to anything. According to the audi-website the S6 needs about 13.4l/100km (~17.5 MPG). But i think the average is near to 15 or 16l/100km (~14-15 MPG).

greetings

eazy