PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...no RS4 avant to us

rheudabaga
February 22nd, 2006, 03:35
I knew this day would arrive and now that it's here I'm about as nauseous as I expected I would be.

Why doesn't Audi recognize that there are those of us in the great ole US who prefer the Avant to the Sedan? I ran into this back in 2002/3 with the S6 Avant vs. the RS6 sedan. Back then I went with the 'lessor' wagon and I've been super happy with it. What will I do this time? I'm not enough of a player to import an RS4 Avant on my own.

What are the chances that Audi will change their mind and bring this absolutely gorgeous RS4 Avant to the US? Someone throw me a bone!:rs4addict

Parikh1234
February 22nd, 2006, 03:43
I was wondering what you guys find so exciting about the avant. Is it the extra room? Personally I dont see all the excitment about a station wagon, but with everyone craving one, I feel like I might be missing something. Do you actually use the extra room for hauling stuff or is it just the fun of seeing the look on the face of the kid in the rice mobile next to you when he realizes he got his ass handed to him by a avant.

CarbonFibre
February 22nd, 2006, 03:54
Originally posted by Parikh1234
I was wondering what you guys find so exciting about the avant. Is it the extra room? Personally I dont see all the excitment about a station wagon, but with everyone craving one, I feel like I might be missing something. Do you actually use the extra room for hauling stuff or is it just the fun of seeing the look on the face of the kid in the rice mobile next to you when he realizes he got his ass handed to him by a avant.
Probably a little from column A, a little from column B.

rheudabaga
February 22nd, 2006, 03:54
It is both the functionality (for those of us who use the roof rails for bikes and such) and also the stealth factor. So I guess you hit the nail on the head.

I think a lot of us also prefer the looks of the Avant. Seems more sporty in the 'rally' sense of the word and less run-of-the-mill sport sedan-ish like the bajillion bmw's out there.

Parikh1234
February 22nd, 2006, 03:59
That makes alot of sense. How do they compare in performance, im guessing they are a little slower because of the added weight. Also why are avants used so frequently in rallies?

AndyBG
February 22nd, 2006, 04:13
Originally posted by Parikh1234
I was wondering what you guys find so exciting about the avant.

It is sort of tradition wehn it comes to most-performant Audis, first RS, (RS2 B4) was avant and avant only, same was with RS4 B5, now don't you think it's lilte strange to change something that bring you so mutch fame and glory?

For me personaly RS schould be avant, just looks naturaly.

Alltough that i must admit that RS6 limousine don't follow mutch behind of avant.

ANDY

rheudabaga
February 22nd, 2006, 14:49
Ok, after sleeping on it, I'm still in love with the RS4 sedan...even though I know there's a more beguiling mistress across the pond.:rs4kiss:

Benman
February 22nd, 2006, 16:19
Originally posted by CarbonFibre
Probably a little from column A, a little from column B.
Exactly.

And how can you NOT like this?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik
[B]More pics

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/RS4-B7-Avant.jpg
QUOTE]

My goodness, sooooooo sexy.:heart:

Think too, that unless a SUV is a 7 seater (Q7), it doesn't have much more room than an Avant. Touareg for example. A 5 seater Touareg doesn't offer hardly any additional room than an Audi Avant. So if you don't plan to tow anything or go offroading, an Avant is the way to go (unless you're my wife who is convinced that SUVs are superior!:doh:

Ben:addict:

rheudabaga
February 22nd, 2006, 16:27
Benman, please don't go posting pix like that. It hurts. It's painful to look upon such a monster knowing that our country isn't keen enough to warrant a visitation upon our shores.

I think I'm going to go cry now.:cry:

Benman
February 22nd, 2006, 16:32
Originally posted by rheudabaga

I think I'm going to go cry now.:cry:

Dude, you and me BOTH!!! I'd tell the wifey tuff luck and then MAKE her get that instead!:applause:

Ben:addict:

rheudabaga
February 22nd, 2006, 17:03
Where's tailpipe?

5000S old skool
February 23rd, 2006, 02:19
To me the body shape of an S or RS Avant is beefier than the sedan. I think it looks even MORE agressive than the sedan. Like how the Dodge Magnum looks beefier than the Charger. That's why I like the Avant more..

:rs4addict

rks838
February 23rd, 2006, 02:49
For me, it's the surprise factor of the Avant. No, it's not even an Avant, it is a station wagon (normally blah) with crazy performance that can outdo many others cars (wow). And NOBODY EXPECTS IT - it's not even about the "killing," as some have put it, it's about having a practical vehicle with all sorts of stereotypes prove its worth and more as a world-class, honest-to-God sports car.

Benman
February 23rd, 2006, 18:30
Yes, I like both the practical and stealthy aspect of the wagon. But for those Stateside who will have to "make do" with "just" the sedan, don't worry. Us RS 6 sedan owners have made do just fine!;) :incar:

Ben:addict: :heart:

Parikh1234
February 23rd, 2006, 18:39
I guess I get the appeal of the avant. I think the avant would make a great addition to the regular RS4 in your driveway :) Two audis are better than one.