PDA

View Full Version : Benman, the Audi configurator is up.

rheudabaga
February 21st, 2006, 20:38
Since it's just me and you on this Q7 board. :D

Gotta say I'm not digging the colors. Otherwise, the premium package looks like the better value when you spec it out.

Benman
February 21st, 2006, 21:29
Originally posted by rheudabaga
Since it's just me and you on this Q7 board. :D

Gotta say I'm not digging the colors. Otherwise, the premium package looks like the better value when you spec it out. :bow: Thanks for the heads up! I'm on it!:thumb:

Yeah, looks like only a few are even looking at this "Soccer Mom" Forum.:hihi:

Lava looks infinitely better in real life than on the configurator. But then, you got to like dark grey metallics (like Daytona...).

What colors are you leaning on?:cheers:

Yeah, Premium if you plan on getting most options (I want' em ALL! :D).

Ben:addict:

rheudabaga
February 21st, 2006, 21:51
I like Lava gray, but my wife prefers brighter colors, hence the problem...

Wonder when they'll have one at dealerships to test drive? A chap at one place here in Chicago seemed to suggest sometime in March, but they're not going to be for sale until late May/June, so I wonder if he was smoking crack?

My time window is shrinking. Gotta start making some decisions and we just test drove the LR3 and my wife loved it. It is a nice truck, but damn it feels heavy! I know the Q7 will eat it's lunch when it comes to driving dynamics, but if I can't get her behind the wheel soon I'm gonna have to cave and get the LR3...however that may free up some coin for my own devious aspirations to get a DAYTONA GRAY RS4. :rs4kiss: We shall see.

Benman
February 21st, 2006, 22:19

Wonder when they'll have one at dealerships to test drive? A chap at one place here in Chicago seemed to suggest sometime in March...

My time window is shrinking. Gotta start making some decisions and we just test drove the LR3 and my wife loved it. It is a nice truck, but damn it feels heavy! I know the Q7 will eat it's lunch when it comes to driving dynamics, but if I can't get her behind the wheel soon I'm gonna have to cave and get the LR3...however that may free up some coin for my own devious aspirations to get a DAYTONA GRAY RS4. :rs4kiss: We shall see.
Haven't driven the LR3 but have only heard positive things about it. The only thing that didn't impress me about the LR3 was it's interior. A little bit plasticy, but then again, it is a truck based vehicle. As for offroading, I think the LR3 will spank the Q7, but then as you mention, the Q7 will hand the LR3 it's arse when it comes to driving dynamics (where most of spend 80-99% of our time).

Also, fuel economy. Not that it's a huge concern when getting an SUV, but I've heard real world, it gets less than 14mpg! That's pretty low!

No way you can hold off the Mrs two more months? I would think the boys at the dealers aren't smoking crack, and have been told by Audi they will have something to show customers by March's end (then again, you never know with dealers:D ).

Ask her for two months. After that, if she still hasn't driven the Q7, then go buy the LR3. But in return, you get your Daytona Mini Beast!:rs4addict :D

Oh, and a bright colored SUV? :nono: :D They'll call her the "Firetruck Driver". :D

Benman
February 22nd, 2006, 17:34
Originally posted by Benman

Ask her for two months. After that, if she still hasn't driven the Q7, then go buy the LR3. But in return, you get your Daytona Mini Beast!:rs4addict :D

So, did the wife like the two month idea?:cheers:

rheudabaga
February 22nd, 2006, 17:42
Yes, I think we've got a game plan which includes a committment from her to test drive the Q7, however long that takes.

As for the LR3, you're right that it's a tad plasticy, but I think that's one of the things we like about it. It's the good kind of plastic that seems rugged and utilitarian. Remember, we're gonna be hauling rugrats in this thing, so we don't want it to be too fancy. Mind you, the Audi interior's are beautiful and plenty durable. Our S6 has put up with some hefty abuse yet looks nearly new after a trip to the carwash. So I'm not worried about the Q7, but the LR3 does have more of a rugged profile.

Well, at least we'll get to compare the two more closely once we've driven them back-to-back.

Now, about the RS4 Avant...:cry:

Benman
February 22nd, 2006, 18:05
Yes, I think we've got a game plan which includes a committment from her to test drive the Q7, however long that takes.

As for the LR3, you're right that it's a tad plasticy, but I think that's one of the things we like about it.

Now, about the RS4 Avant...:cry:

Glad to hear she'll give it a try.:thumb:

You know, after I posted that, I started thinking about the plasticy interior. I think you're right. It would be better for kids and hauling stuff. As you said about your S6 (great car BTW), the Audi's should hold up fine as well, it's just with the Audi's, you worry a tad more. For example, my daughter always takes her shoes off while riding in the RS 6 (all kids for that matter). I've found that for some reason or another, kids like to put their feet up onto the seat backs.:nono: But... if you just take off their shoes, then there's no worry! Who cares if they rub their socks all over the place!:applause: Hence why my interior looks new. :D

Now, as for the RS 4 Avant. I nearly wept like a baby when I saw the Daytona pic.:cry: Such beauty! If it was up to me, I'd try to find a way to convince the Mrs!!!:hihi: Part of me is almost glad it's not coming, so I have an excuse to not talk her out of the Q7. Afterall, she deserves it!:cheers: