PDA

View Full Version : models shown at geneva

eazy
February 21st, 2006, 12:16
There are much rumors about the models shown at the geneva motor show.
Now we know what's coming:

Last week Audi released a statement confirming that it would show three world premier automobiles at the Geneva show starting (Press Days) on February 28th.

With so many both substantiated and unofficial upcoming new models in the Audi family, speculation immediately ran rampant about what would actually be shown at what has become a very major European show.

One model, at least, did not seem to be too much of a mystery; Audi had previously shown the allroad quattro concept in Detroit in 2005 and it appeared to be on track for a production model launch in Geneva. It would make perfect sense to see the new allroad in Geneva considering that it is not slated to be sold in North America, but rather remain a European-only model at this point to avoid vulturizing Q7 sales in the all important US SUV market.

So the allroad seemed all but certain thus leaving the rumor mill spinning around what other two vehicles Audi would show. Guesses ranged from the redesigned TT to the S3 to the highly anticipated R8 supercar.

We found ourselves fourtunate enough to be told by trusted sources exactly what would be shown (together with the reminder that that particular information should remain under embargo until later this week). Then a funny thing happened: the "confidential" information appeared on the official Geneva Motor Show website.

Therefore with a clear conscience we can reveal that in addition to the expected allroad quattro debut Audi will also show two new RS 4 variants - the RS 4 Avant and an RS 4 Cabrio.

The Avant, of course, represents the continuation of Audi's reputation as a builder of some of the most sought after ultra-high performance wagons on the planet. The Cabriolet, on the other hand, is something completely new - the highest output soft-top vehicle ever produced by Audi. Expect to see a few features to distinguish it from its sedan and Avant brethren. Unfortunately, like the allroad, Audi has no current plans to bring either the RS 4 Avant or Cabriolet to North America.

In a perfect world we would now be able to share photos with our readers as well, but alas those are still under the dreaded embargo. The good news is that the public reveal is only a few days away. Stay tuned!

source: audiworld.com, read on germancarblog.com

Some on the board (as iceman) already said that there might be an RS4 Cabriolet. Good work guys :0:

Sorry for the north americans that you don't get this cars :w:

greetings

eazy

RXBG
February 21st, 2006, 15:27
apparently no TT or S3, which is ridiculous. from another source, it seems that the new TT will be shown at the berlin motorfest. does anyone know when that will be?

Benman
February 21st, 2006, 17:24
Originally posted by eazy

"Therefore with a clear conscience we can reveal that in addition to the expected allroad quattro debut Audi will also show two new RS 4 variants - the RS 4 Avant and an RS 4 Cabrio. "

greetings

eazy

Ahh... so very nice. A convertible RS 4. looking forward to those pics!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

eazy
February 22nd, 2006, 08:11
here are a few pics from cabrio and avant:
http://automotorundsport.de/d/104290/d_ams_fotoshow_detail?skip=1

Don't know if this pics are real or computer-generated, but they don't look bad ;)

AMS said that the cabrio and avant will reach 100 kmh in 4.9 sec. And 0-200 kmh will be done in 16.9 sec by the cabrio and 17.5 sec by the avant.

greetings

eazy

Erik
February 22nd, 2006, 09:33
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8449

eazy
February 22nd, 2006, 10:31
Originally posted by Erik
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8449
Yes, i've read it after my post.

But i think "future rs-models" is the better forum to post rs-models which are not at the market ;)

greetings

eazy

Erik
February 22nd, 2006, 10:35
Originally posted by eazy
Yes, i've read it after my post.

But i think "future rs-models" is the better forum to post rs-models which are not at the market ;)

Hey it wasn't a complaint, just more info.

These pics are now official from Audi's press site, not a rumor any longer.

But I'm happy we were right about the RS4 Convertible and it's entry in Geneva already.

Benman
February 22nd, 2006, 17:12
Originally posted by Erik

But I'm happy we were right about the RS4 Convertible and it's entry in Geneva already.

And the best part... they won't come Stateside!:vgrumpy: :cry: But if they did... :applause: :applause:

Ben:addict:

tailpipe
February 26th, 2006, 17:31
Without any prior knowledge, I fully expect Audi to launch the new TT at Geneva next week, if only because it will draw attention away from the new BMW 3-Series coupe. The burning question is whether the Shooting Brake version will make the cut as well.