PDA

View Full Version : RS4 praise from Probst, Christensen, Galati and others...

Mjolnir
February 17th, 2006, 03:31
Hello everyone,

Newbie here since last Tuesday. As I said earlier on the
RSx forum...

"Everyone's input on this board is very positive and
productive compared to most others. You guys are great. "

On to the subject at hand. A gentleman on AudiWorld
had a conversation with Michael Galati recently. If his words
hold true, then the supposed lack of power or performance
from the RS4 engine should be dispelled from one's thoughts.

http://tinyurl.com/8gure

Cheers:cheers:

S4Aero
February 17th, 2006, 03:54
That "gentleman" (thank you ) is me.

Here's my post for the click challenged:

Mike stopped in for lunch today at one of my restaurants with a mutual friend. I hadn't met him before. Great guy. I had the opportunity to talk all things Audi with him for a while.

I was particulary interested to hear his comments about the RS4. While he hasn't driven one yet, his contacts (Probst, Christensen and others) within Audi have apparently been raving about it. He believes that the posted performance numbers are very conservative.

He talked at some length about the technology behind the engine. I think he got almost "misty" about it. When I mentioned the MTM Supercharger project he said that the engine was already at a very high state of tune and that a supercharger on the RS engine might be risky. He was adamant that the performance was already "amazing".

I asked him about his feelings comparing the upcoming M3 and the RS4. His comment was that the RS will blow the M3 away in everyday driving.
Speculation? Sure, but it's speculation coming from a factory race team driver.

We also talked about the R10 a little. The word he is getting is that the combination of power and torque at relatively low RPM is astonishing to the drivers testing the car. The other notable oddity is that the engine is very quiet. Almost eerily so. He fully expects it to dominate this year.

One more thing on the RS4. He said that the competiton version of the RS4 will be campaigned in the speedvision series "very soon".

He offered to do some tuning to my S4 and to give me some driving instruction when my RS gets here. I think he really just wants to drive it!

Benman
February 17th, 2006, 15:38
Originally posted by S4Aero

He offered to do some tuning to my S4 and to give me some driving instruction when my RS gets here. I think he really just wants to drive it!

My advice, let him(and especially while it's still under warranty :D)! It will be a drive to remember!

Two years ago he drove my :addict: around Infinion Raceway with me in the passenger seat. I recorded the whole thing on tape, what a great couple of laps! Super nice guy to boot!:bow:

Others got drives from him and Probst as well (like Bauer's wife).

Nice to hear the race drivers speak so highly of the :rs4addict. I know I was impressed with it and great to hear Champion will be back in Speed GT real soon.:thumb:

Ben:addict: