PDA

View Full Version : Saw it in the flesh today...

rheudabaga
February 15th, 2006, 03:44
...made it to the Chicago auto show to check out the RS4 (and Q7) for the first time.

Wow! Those wheel arches and side skirts are just insane. Pictures do not do this car justice. It just squats there like it's getting ready to eat you.

Benman
February 15th, 2006, 15:20
Originally posted by rheudabaga
...made it to the Chicago auto show to check out the RS4 (and Q7) for the first time.

Wow! Those wheel arches and side skirts are just insane. Pictures do not do this car justice. It just squats there like it's getting ready to eat you.
Isn't it sweet in person?:heart: Love the way the Mini Beast looks. Was it in Misano Red?

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

rheudabaga
February 15th, 2006, 15:27
Misano Red. You almost have to avert your gaze it's so bright.

The Q7 was also nice, Benman. :bigeyes: It passed the first sniff-test with my wife! It's third-row functionality, or the way the second-row scoots out of the way for access, is far superior to the LR3 of Pilot (the Pilot's access is gawdawful).

But back to the RS4. Yes, it makes your heart beat faster just looking at it. Let's see where the final tally comes in. Hope I can make it happen. :deal:

Audihead
February 15th, 2006, 16:57
Originally posted by Benman
Isn't it sweet in person?:heart: Love the way the Mini Beast looks. Was it in Misano Red?

Hell yea! In person it just looks mean. It was in Red in Detroit as well.:rs4addict :heart:

Benman
February 15th, 2006, 18:35
Originally posted by rheudabaga

The Q7 was also nice, Benman. :bigeyes: It passed the first sniff-test with my wife!

It passed the same test with my wife. *** sigh*** now I'm "doomed" to get one (secretly looking forward to it;) ).

Originally posted by Audihead
Hell yea! In person it just looks mean. It was in Red in Detroit as well.

It justs looks Amazing in Misano Red. Wouldn't be my choice only because of the stealth factor, but as much as I love Daytona (and would choose that if getting the RS 4), I'd have to admit, Misano is the Best for the :rs4addict .

QuattroFun
February 15th, 2006, 21:33
Yeah, it looks good in flesh does it not? A shame that there is not a nice pearl between Sprint and Mugello with lot of flakes - not too dark in the dusk ala Mugello but not too baby in the sun ala Sprint either. Call it Monaco Blue and roll it on by B8 RS4. Now one has to settle on Avus ...

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 00:42
Saw the RS4 at the Chicago Show today and have to say that is the MOST aggresive Audi to date, every other model is pretty bland IMHO.
Even the Q7 was not all I imagined and hoped it would be.
I am sorry but Audi is going to have to do ALOT more if I am to buy another one of their products.
I am very very very seriously looking hard at the M6. (My flame suit is on) let em rip.

Bajo:addict:

AndyBG
February 16th, 2006, 00:57
Originally posted by Bajors6
I am very very very seriously looking hard at the M6.

Is situation with AUDI that bad?

Benman
February 16th, 2006, 01:11
(My flame suit is on) let em rip.

***Gets Flame Thrower***

Ben:addict:

rheudabaga
February 16th, 2006, 01:32
"Honey, I'm going to run out to Home Depot real fast...they DO have flame throwers at Home Depot...right?"

:rs4addict

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 02:00
Originally posted by Benman
***Gets Flame Thrower***

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I deserve it guys, I know.

I LOVE MY CURRENT RS6, and would hate myself if I sold her. It was just disapointing to see the Audi spread at the show.
My GOD such blahhh cars, the S6 looks like a plain jane A6, enough already with the sleeper theory make them SLEEPWALKERS. The RS4 was stunning to look at.
The S8 exhaust tips looked like they belonged on a VW Beetle they were so tiny. NO V10 should exhaust their gases thru that.

Give me everything you got but Audi needs to wake up. I am praying the next gen RS6 rocks me off the chair I am sitting in right now.

You guys know I love Audi !

Andrej,

Its not that its bad its just that nothing really inspires me in looking at them.

rheudabaga,

HD is all out Ben got them all for me!

:D :D

AndyBG
February 16th, 2006, 02:58
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Its not that its bad its just that nothing really inspires me in looking at them.

:D :D

If the ''passion'' is gone for you, i am on your side, there is nothing worst then aproaching your car on parking lot and not having ''that filling'' from just looking at it.

In that moment you now, its time for change.

Same goes for girls.... :D:D:D

Are you tested M6 allready?

Have you heard about all those problems they are having with DSG III?

clam
February 16th, 2006, 03:57
Saw the RS4 at the Chicago Show today and have to say that is the MOST aggresive Audi to date, every other model is pretty bland IMHO.
Even the Q7 was not all I imagined and hoped it would be.
I am sorry but Audi is going to have to do ALOT more if I am to buy another one of their products.
I am very very very seriously looking hard at the M6. (My flame suit is on) let em rip.

Maybe Audi figures that people who are into agressive styling will add aftermarket features anyway. So with making the basic models more subtle, they can attract buyers from both groups.

http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners/7060201.001/7060201.001.mini1L.jpg

http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners/7060201.001/7060201.001.mini4L.jpg

http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners/7050805.002/7050805.002.mini4L.jpg

Benman
February 16th, 2006, 18:13

My GOD such blahhh cars, the S6 looks like a plain jane A6, enough already with the sleeper theory...

Hey there Bajo:cheers: ,

Now on that one, I agree with you. S6 is a little on the plain side. But then again, can't make it "too" exciting, then what will be left for RS 6 MkII?:p

S8 though, I thought was pure class (with the possible exception of the slightly too small exhaust pipes).

Q7, really? Didn't look nice to you in person? Hmm... the Lava Grey one they had at LA was very impressive in person. At every angle it looked great with only the rear needing some more time to grow.

M6? M6??? Didn't you watch that comparison on the M6 vs 911 vs Baby AM? :nono: :p

M6 is too Bangled for me. Bland is one thing, ugly is another.

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 22:19
Ben,

I consider you a friend and you have every right to ask me the way you did about the M6, M6 !

That made me laugh, thank you.
Honestly at the moment NOTHING is going to change my RS6 is staying right where its at, I will wait to see what Audi does with the next gen RS6.
I love my car its just spending money the way I did with the chip tunning and exhaust and labor I put into it doesnt seem worthwile for me anymore.
Clam, I have seen those pictures before as well, but to me stuff like that is a add on and an afterthought and ALOT of money which will depreciate the car sooner.
I dont want Audi to make their cars look like the rice burners with wings but more to the lines of the RS4 IF they are specialty cars.
Audi comes out with ths S8 with 450hp while the W12 has the same HP. They de-tune the S6 to 420???? Why not raise the HP in the S6 have it come out kick the M5's and E55 ass and be done, then come out witht he RS6 knock them down even further. The prices they are asking for them are NOT cheap in any way but I wanna lead not follow, reminds me of a motto a GREAT car company had/has. I know Audi wont do what I am asking I am just eventing here with you good people.
Bottom line;

AUDI BETTER GET OFF THEIR ASS AND MAKE CARS LIKE THEY INTENDED WHEN THEY MADE THE FIRST RS4 AND RS6 MODELS. Or maybe they are happy losing their customers to the dealerships next door.
My brother saw the new S65 from Benz and is in love with it, see Benz dont car ethey make and bake em.

Bajo
:addict:

Benman
February 16th, 2006, 22:30
Ben,

I consider you a friend and you have every right to ask me the way you did about the M6, M6 !

That made me laugh, thank you.

Well... you did say "(My flame suit is on) let em rip." :D

I can crank it up if you like :trash: LOL!:hihi:

M6, how dare you!!!:p

Of all the Bangle mobiles, it is the best looking I guess.

Hopefully the upcoming RS 5 will tickle your fancy and you'll forget all those silly Beemer thoughts... and if not, we'll still love ya all the same. :cheers:

rks838
February 18th, 2006, 01:16
Bajo, have you seen the M6 in person? At the DC Auto Show, at least in the dark blue color they displayed, it was an ugly car. The front is pretty, but the back end...blwah, the trunklid has 3 surfaces on the spot they would usually put a tasteful little spoiler, it plain doesn't work. In my honest opinion, it's a great performing car, but the back just doesn't work. At all. The prettiest parts are the badges.

Tasteful is how I would describe the S8. It looks "smart," if that makes any sense. The 4 exhaust pipes aren't, in my mind, the in-your-face "our cars have engines put so suspensions" screamers that AMG puts on their cars. The M6's exhausts aren't much bigger, anyway. I like the way Audi does it - two big exhausts (RS) or 4 smaller ones (S).

My like of Audi's cars makes me biased for the brand, not the other way around!

BBGT2
February 18th, 2006, 01:26
Originally posted by rks838
Bajo, have you seen the M6 in person? At the DC Auto Show, at least in the dark blue color they displayed, it was an ugly car. The front is pretty, but the back end...blwah, the trunklid has 3 surfaces on the spot they would usually put a tasteful little spoiler, it plain doesn't work. In my honest opinion, it's a great performing car, but the back just doesn't work. At all. The prettiest parts are the badges.

Tasteful is how I would describe the S8. It looks "smart," if that makes any sense. The 4 exhaust pipes aren't, in my mind, the in-your-face "our cars have engines put so suspensions" screamers that AMG puts on their cars. The M6's exhausts aren't much bigger, anyway. I like the way Audi does it - two big exhausts (RS) or 4 smaller ones (S).

My like of Audi's cars makes me biased for the brand, not the other way around!

Yes I have seen it in person, strangely (even to me) I like it butt and all.

As far as AMG screamers the only one that is even noticeable at idel is my G55, my brother has a CL65 and that thing at idle is as quiet as can be.
All I was trying to point is that Audi is building these special cars make them look special and unique. I had the previous gen S8 and that was the same way, I had to install a Milltek exhaust so that I could of heard the thing at full throttle.
As far as performance the Bimmers win AGAIN, that is by what I meant is that they need to get of their ass and stop following and let THEM (MBZ and BMW) follow Audi for a change when it comes to performance.
I have been a loyal Audi buyer since I was old enough to drive, I had them all my first was a 1975 100SL and many many many Audis after that.
There is something special about them but nowadays the rules have changed.