PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum or not ???

Kusi75
February 14th, 2006, 19:08
I am looking for a used RS6 or RS6+

i note that the rs6 "plus" never has the aluminium applications outside the car. For example the radiator grill is never framed with alu.

was the alu applications only aviable for the "normal" RS6?

One more question.....
is it necessary to buy the RS6+ or is the RS6 enough?

At the moment i am driving an RS4 2.7 Biturbo....

Greets

:incar:

nene
February 14th, 2006, 19:36
I believe you are correct in that the RS6+ did come with black optics package standard. However, I wonder if anyone did order the shiny trim instead.

If all you are worried about is the trim around the grill, you can simply get a regular RS6 grill to replace it, and voila, you got non-black optics.

You can't go wrong with either RS6 or RS6+. Good luck on your findings.

QuattroFun
February 14th, 2006, 21:05
Std is just fine but Plus is always Plus though black optics is standard and it also depends on chosen suspension etc. Optically, IMO, much depends on the exterior colour. With Daytona, Ebony, Sprint, Goodwood (pretty horrible colour overall but that is another story) and Misano, I like aluminium better due to contrast. With Silver, Avus and Imola (if there ever was one originally ordered), I like black better and they really do accentuate the car. Silver Plus with shiny 19" looks really cool in real life (Sprint and Black less so) and black optics makes the most out of a very regular Audi colour. A std RS6 in Avus with alu trim looks okay but, well, somewhat lame. But some like black on Ebony and a few over here have had black on Daytona as well.