PDA

View Full Version : MY RS6 dyno

BBGT2
February 14th, 2006, 16:57
Well I finally got of my lazy butt and made the apointment to get my beast dyoned.
It will happen this Thursday at 11am at
Chicago Performance and Tuning in Melrose Park. A couple of local RS6 enthusiasts said they would like to come down and see it happening.
Along with my RS6 my brother is bringing his CL65. This ought to be alot of fun,
and of course I will post the results here ASAP.

Bajo:addict:

AndyBG
February 16th, 2006, 01:00
What's your prediction for ''final'' result?

Is it going to hit expected numbers?

Benman
February 16th, 2006, 01:21
Originally posted by Bajors6

Along with my RS6 my brother is bringing his CL65. This ought to be alot of fun,
and of course I will post the results here ASAP.

Please do, looking forward to hearing the results.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

mmaturo
February 16th, 2006, 06:00
How stock are you? I am doing mine Sunday morning with a bunch of Audi people (thru Renn-Art although somewhere near them), bone stock. Just curious what mine will do be so will be interesting to compare with yours.

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 16:35
Originally posted by AndyBG
What's your prediction for ''final'' result?

Is it going to hit expected numbers?

Andy,

I am not going to predict any numbers because regardless of the numbers its always going to be "the seat of the pants" happiness with me and so far I am very happy.
I am leaving to go there now so results will be posted as soon as I get back.

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 16:37
Originally posted by mmaturo
How stock are you? I am doing mine Sunday morning with a bunch of Audi people (thru Renn-Art although somewhere near them), bone stock. Just curious what mine will do be so will be interesting to compare with yours.

Not stock at all, Oc.T chip, full Milltek exhaust with downpipes, fuel pressure regulator, diverter valves.

We shall see what the numbers show.

Please post your results after your stock runs.

Benman
February 16th, 2006, 18:17
Sooo... how did it go?:cheers:

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 21:22
Well............................ :revs: :revs: :revs:

To be honest not what I expected but here is the list of figures, I will upload the actual printouts when the guy emails them to me.

1st run= 385.3hp 400ft lbs

After a brief cooldown period..............

2nd run= 326hp
Immediately after 2nd run we got a higher number than the 2nd time, which is weird.

3rd run= 346hp

I think I remembered the correct figures for the 3rd run as I dont have the printout right in front of me but I will post the sheets from all the runs.

Seat of pants the car is a real hoot, I was expecting to see the HP figures in the maybe 400-415hp range,
The owner of the shop that did the dyno tested the car himself and told me the type of dyno he uses which is a Dynamics actually gives the lowest number in the industry and if my car was dyoned on a Mustang for example the numbers would be higher. I dont know how true that is. Maybe some of you "experienced dyno" guys can chime in.

According to the guy after he calculated it he said the gross power of the engine is around 520hp which is a little bit lower than what Stratmosphere told me I should be seeing. Bob told me somewhere around 550hp or so.
Now I know there is alot of factors to be taken, temperature was around 50' and he had 2 fans in front of the car, the temp gauge never moved off the middle and the oil temp was atthe normal mark in between 150 and 250.
The car did sound ferocious when at full throttle and I did see the speedo peg 160mph at which he had to let go due to his dyno having reached maximum speed.
Again I state that the seat of the pants feeling cannot be translated into numbers as this car for me pulls and pulls and pulls. So are the numbers too low? I dont think so, we lose alot of our power to the 4 wheels that have to provided with power.
All tests were done in 4th gear and the car was not floored all the way but right up to before the kick down switch was activated. He told me that he could have floored it but it would have downshifted and thrown off the torque graph, which didnt make sense to me.
On a different note my brothers CL65 could not be dynoed do to the fact that you cannnot disable the cars traction control permanently as you can with the RS6, so after around 50 mph it reactivates itself and applies the rear brakes whereas you cannot test it.

I dont know what do you guys think the numbers are like for my RS6 given that this type of dyno gives the lowest readings.

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 21:55
Pic 1 at speed !

Benman
February 16th, 2006, 21:57

According to the guy after he calculated it he said the gross power of the engine is around 520hp...

I dont know what do you guys think the numbers are like for my RS6 given that this type of dyno gives the lowest readings.

So a 35% loss to all the wheels? (35% added to 385 is 519.75 so I guess 520 is right). Stratmosphere told you 550? All well, even so, 520 is pretty sweet. :revs: :revs:

BBGT2
February 16th, 2006, 21:57
Pic 2, NICE tail lights :D !

absent
February 17th, 2006, 02:10
Well............................ :revs: :revs: :revs:

To be honest not what I expected but here is the list of figures, I will upload the actual printouts when the guy emails them to me.

After a brief cooldown period..............

2nd run= 326hp
Immediately after 2nd run we got a higher number than the 2nd time, which is weird.

3rd run= 346hp

I think I remembered the correct figures for the 3rd run as I dont have the printout right in front of me but I will post the sheets from all the runs.

Seat of pants the car is a real hoot, I was expecting to see the HP figures in the maybe 400-415hp range,
The owner of the shop that did the dyno tested the car himself and told me the type of dyno he uses which is a Dynamics actually gives the lowest number in the industry and if my car was dyoned on a Mustang for example the numbers would be higher. I dont know how true that is. Maybe some of you "experienced dyno" guys can chime in.

According to the guy after he calculated it he said the gross power of the engine is around 520hp which is a little bit lower than what Stratmosphere told me I should be seeing. Bob told me somewhere around 550hp or so.
Now I know there is alot of factors to be taken, temperature was around 50' and he had 2 fans in front of the car, the temp gauge never moved off the middle and the oil temp was atthe normal mark in between 150 and 250.
The car did sound ferocious when at full throttle and I did see the speedo peg 160mph at which he had to let go due to his dyno having reached maximum speed.
Again I state that the seat of the pants feeling cannot be translated into numbers as this car for me pulls and pulls and pulls. So are the numbers too low? I dont think so, we lose alot of our power to the 4 wheels that have to provided with power.
All tests were done in 4th gear and the car was not floored all the way but right up to before the kick down switch was activated. He told me that he could have floored it but it would have downshifted and thrown off the torque graph, which didnt make sense to me.
On a different note my brothers CL65 could not be dynoed do to the fact that you cannnot disable the cars traction control permanently as you can with the RS6, so after around 50 mph it reactivates itself and applies the rear brakes whereas you cannot test it.

You have to enter "dyno mode" through to computer,using controls on the steering wheel.
It worked on my S600 and should on CL65, too.

BBGT2
February 17th, 2006, 02:49
Originally posted by absent
You have to enter "dyno mode" through to computer,using controls on the steering wheel.
It worked on my S600 and should on CL65, too.

Will look into that.

Thanks

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2006, 08:22
dyno he uses which is a Dynamics actually gives the lowest number in the industry and if my car was dyoned on a Mustang for example the numbers would be higher. I dont know how true that is.

i have actually heard a few times that running on a mustang does provide higher results.

Benman
February 17th, 2006, 15:10
So is 35% to the wheels about right?

BTW, Bajo, when did you get stealth lights for the :addict: ?

BBGT2
February 17th, 2006, 18:19
Ben,

I was told it to be around 30% loss due to drivetarin which brings me to around 520hp.

I got the lights about 2 weeks ago from AWE Tuning-Mike. I love the way they blend with the color of the car.

mi021le
February 17th, 2006, 21:36
thats a bit low, baj. did they use the paddles. that seems a bit low. maybe dyno one more time and get a new chip. dDB can change those to 430s. thats wat mine did with a stage 1 chip and dp back. so i dont know. they also did it in sport mode. :vhmmm: but when u dyno the beasts u have to let it cool. its a must. the dynos kill them with heat.

BBGT2
February 17th, 2006, 22:01
Originally posted by mi021le
thats a bit low, baj. did they use the paddles. that seems a bit low. maybe dyno one more time and get a new chip. dDB can change those to 430s. thats wat mine did with a stage 1 chip and dp back. so i dont know. they also did it in sport mode. :vhmmm: but when u dyno the beasts u have to let it cool. its a must. the dynos kill them with heat.

Was yours dynoed on a Dynamics dyno or some other brand?
Talking to guys on another board I was told that they also had lower numbers n Dynamics and when they dynoed on a Mustang or Dynojet their numbers jumped ALOT. I will email the results to Stratmosphere and see what he thinks, the dyno guy did tell me that the mixture could be a little better adjusted and the power would be increased accordingly.
No he did not use paddles, all dyno testing should be done (from what have read everywhere) in 4th gear as that is the closest you wil get to almost 1:1 ratio.
The car provided better power the 3rd time and it was run immediately after the 2nd run which we waited aprox. 20 minutes of cool down time with fans blowing on radiators and intercoolers.
Maybe I will get it dyoned on a Mustang and see what I get there just to compare.

Bajo

mi021le
February 18th, 2006, 03:32
381 in 70 degree weather witha intake and stage 1 chip. its was on a mustang dyno.

the second dyno was a dynojet. in 4th. it got 389.

try to get it dynoed on a dynojet. id like to see the difference

BBGT2
February 20th, 2006, 00:41
Originally posted by mmaturo
Hmmm. I was on a dynojet this morning, my car is stock. 4th gear. Two pulls 47 degrees first run 376.71 w/ 406.73 torque, second run 370.85 w/ 374.25.

I was with the Renn-Art guys here in Chicagoland and they loaded the Revo 5 hour test drive software for my third pull but the transmission would not cooperate and shifted (paddles or any attempt to get a clean pull, so no luck). However seat of pants...Revo is adding a significant difference in pull.

Interesting, the stock ones put down around 320ish on a dynamics dyno.
Guess we will wait to see what mine does on a dynojet.
Maturo where did you get yours dyoned at, maybe I will go to the same place as I dont know of anyone else.

nene
February 20th, 2006, 05:15
My first and only run on a dyno identical to Bajos came out at 337.1HP (stock of course). I guess 385 with chip and exhaust is not that bad.

Someone on the same dyno mentioned a 33% loss. I had highly doubt the loss was that high, because that puts me above 500HP. I think the loss was more like mid to high 20%. Still 337.1 stock in the month of July is pretty decent.