PDA

View Full Version : HRE Wheels 19x9 offset 32 will it fit?

highhats
February 14th, 2006, 01:12
All you wonderful 19" HRE wheel owners Will this fit , a 546r wheel 19x9 with et32 255/35/19 thanks please let me know!

noushy
February 19th, 2006, 16:51
I think so, but not sure of offset. Best bet is to call Guy at HRE and ask yourself. The tire size is correct, but I am not sure of the reverse drop center style wheel. I chose the standard because of the shaking in the rain. Sounds right, but also need to make sure bolt pattern is correct as well as hub center diameter. If it is not true hubcentric to audi, forget it. Will shake like a wet dog at any speed over 50, regardless of centering rings.

Noushy

highhats
February 19th, 2006, 18:46
The told me with the reverse lip that it requires a way more aggressive offset of 25 in order to clear the caliers. thanks for the reply I guess I will hav eto order a new set to do this properly I will post pics once they are in.

- Suman

noushy
February 19th, 2006, 21:45
Make sure that you live someplace where it does not rain a lot. The reverse drop center wheels are cool looking (flat front) but they trap water between the center and the drop center. This causes the car to shake in heavy rain. I had a set for my wife on her S6 Avant, and it should horribly in the rain. In the summer it was not so bad (runs great once the water gets out). I wish HRE had a better design but that is what you have to live with. My 547 wheels do great, with no problems, run smooth. The only issue is that since HRE wheels have such a thick center, they have to correct it with the offset. This causes the wheels to stick out more than stock, and that rubs once in a while with really aggressive driving.

Noushy