PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Audi

larryone
February 12th, 2006, 19:05
Hi... I'm new to the board and am currently shopping around for a RS6. I asked a friend of mine to check out one at Riverside Audi and while the car appeared mechanically to be fine, cosmetically it has some real scratches on the roof, trunk and spoiler.

In talking with Riverside, the salesperson assures me that they can "fix it" with some touch-up paint. This scares me! As I'm a good 300 miles from Riverside the "not to worry, trust me" does little to comfort me. I've informed the salesman that I'm not interested in the car if any portion of it has to be re-painted.

All that being said, should I request that they make the repair and proceed with a PPI or just forget about it?

I'm looking at another RS6 that has a showroom finish and is what I would expect of a vehicle of this class. My only problem with it is that it has a silver interior, (Daytona Grey, exterior), and I'm not at all sure of the silver.

I'd appreicate any comments, suggestions and advice.

Larry

nene
February 12th, 2006, 22:17
What's not to like about the Silver interior?

http://www.htms.org/img/122005/RS6Dash/rs6dash4.jpg

It takes a bit more to keep it clean, however if you use leather cleaner once a month at the very least, and use some leather conditioner afterwards, it can really keep it looking great.

The touch up paint would scare me away too. If all they are offering is touch up paint, stay away! Good luck.

CornersWell
February 12th, 2006, 23:36
Larryone,

I purchased my RS6 from Riverside. It had been painted (left front quarter), which they failed to disclose to me. In addition, I found subsequent minor damage. And, three of the four wheels had damage to the finish.

I tried working with them to sort this all out, and they did respray the bumper, side skirts and three wheels. Unfortunately, they did a very poor job, and now they've gone silent. I have now referred this to my attorney.

They've been through 3 General Managers in less than 18 months. They most certainly have a problem there.

I'd take a pass on ANYTHING from Riverside, if I had it to do over again.

Best of Luck,

CW

SpinEcho
February 12th, 2006, 23:37
Touch up paint?

Ugh!

Walk away from that stealership...

FWIW, I think the silver interior looks great, and keeping it clean won't be an issue if you give the car the attention it deserves.

larryone
February 13th, 2006, 00:01
Originally posted by nene
What's not to like about the Silver interior?

http://www.htms.org/img/122005/RS6Dash/rs6dash4.jpg

It takes a bit more to keep it clean, however if you use leather cleaner once a month at the very least, and use some leather conditioner afterwards, it can really keep it looking great.

The touch up paint would scare me away too. If all they are offering is touch
Touch up paint, stay away! Good luck.

Point well made. I like your car, and the interior!

rks838
February 13th, 2006, 00:13
I have a Daytona RS6 w/ silver interior, and I love it. The silver really brightens up the mood of the car, I think it would get a little too "dark" with a black interior. I would highly recommend the silver interior, especially because in this Audi (unlike the S4, etc.), a "silver" interior also means that the entire headliner is silver as well, not only the seats.

simon78
February 13th, 2006, 14:12
Hi Guys !

This is SIMON, and guess what . it has taken me a long time to find a clean and the right Rs6. But i think i finally found one.

But larryone, a guy name Hugh Strain at SAIC owns a black RS6 with a black inside with around 10,000 miles on it. And he is in the DC area, so if you want PM me and i will send you his contact information. The reason i am not getting his cars is my past 3 cars where black and i wanted some else.

By the way, you guys that have help me thanks again so much !

Hope to see you in march with my RS6 Daytona / Silverstone.

Simon

LIRS6
February 13th, 2006, 16:03
Larryone - I have the silver interior (Mugello Blue exterior) ... often I have questioned whether I should have gone for the black seating (if I had the choice). But at this point, I'm happy to have the contrast, and as Nene suggests, if you care for it on a regular basis, you can keep it clean. That's one thing to be mindful of when buying used - if the silver seating is showing a lot of dark areas, the dirt may be too imbeded to clean well. Personally I think the nicest combo avail is Daytona/Silver, fwiw. Lastly, no matter what color your ass is seated on, I'm sure that the true greatness of this car will have you smiling each time you drive it.

mmaturo
February 13th, 2006, 18:23
As another Daytona with Silver interior I must say that now I prefer it. I thought I wanted the darker interior till I sat in my car and immediately decided I liked it better. Really is brighter more spacious feeling and highlights the differnent materials in the interior better with the contrast. I sat in an ebony car of my same Daytona about a month ago and I felt it was too dark almost depressing/confining after living with mine. Very easy to keep clean, I really just do a conditioning/cleaning every few months, I do it less than others above and have no issues. I have the wood dash rather than the CF and I think it all works well together.

You should be able to find a car with no scratches...run from the one you mention.

Benman
February 13th, 2006, 18:34
Originally posted by mmaturo
As another Daytona with Silver interior I must say that now I prefer it.

With a young kid, Silver interior was never an option for my wife and I. I didn't feel like having a heart attack if my kid got something on the seat (like throwup from my drivingpuke: :D ).

Also, we're a very black interior kinda family. Originally, we did want the silver (again, cleaning issues with baby) but have been more than happy with our Ebony choice. Also, as a plus, I don't have to spend time "conditioning" the leather as others have pointed out with Silver.

In fact, after nearly (two more weeks) 2 1/2 years of ownership, I have yet to even once apply any conditioner to the leather and still get comments it looks brand new. Any close by So Calers feel free to check for yourselves.

My thoughts, kids and cleaning not an issue, go with Silver. If they are, go Ebony.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

mmaturo
February 13th, 2006, 18:52
ahhh yesss veryyy good point...single male, no kids here so not an issue for me. I thought I would have problems with the rear seatbacks down low with people hitting it with their shoes but ingress/egress is easy enough without nailing it and haven't had any spots yet even though I seem to be the designated cab/limo service for my friends.

I will say that on the cleaning side I only did a real good one when I got the car to get out everything the dealer didn't (which was a lot, I don't think the last owner did anything but still looked good till me looking in super detail even after 28K miles), and since then only once in 6 months which was not a true cleaning, rather a dusting/conditioning for winter after driving around with the windows down a lot this fall. As a very detail oriented anal person (an architect) I will say it has surprised me. I was actually more worried about the light colored head liner showing grime or the door panels but so far nada.

The good part is that the floor carpet and mats are still dark. If that was a light color no way would I go with it.

shimmy
February 14th, 2006, 00:37
i have had a few BMW black leather int over the last 7 years and thought that on the change to the RS6 I would go for the same. It was eventually such a relief when I sat in a (mugello blue) RS6 with silver seats as it felt much more up to date and made the BMW's feel very dated. I loved the interior as it was a refreshing change.

Have got 2 kids (1 and 4) and another on the way to test it all but must say the muddy footprints and odd sweet and chocolate stain (candy for you yanks) has not been a problem and has come off easily. Just needs a clean and treatment every 2-3 months. Ii guess the same as all leather but with black i used to pretend it didnt need it and just cleaned it when sselling the car(i am a bit lazy like that).

Go for your favourite and not one to suit the kids as in my experience doesnt matter too much. All of them will get damaged when they stick a penknife in it!!!!!!!

Tom C
February 15th, 2006, 18:26
Larryone:

Tischer Audi in Silver Springs MD has a Daytona Gray/silver RS6 with 21K. Maybe you should take a drive up and check it out in person.

Tom

larryone
February 15th, 2006, 19:07
Tom,

Yes, I plan to check it out. Based on everyone's comments I've abandoned any plans to pursue the Riverside RS6.

Larry

Tom C
February 15th, 2006, 19:10
Larry:

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Tom

LIRS6
February 15th, 2006, 22:57
Larryone -

A thought just occurred to me - are you aware that only RS6 certified techs are authorized by Audi to perform maintenance/repair work on our cars, and that not all dealerships have such techs? Make sure that you have a dealer with an RS6 tech comfortably close enough to you, and that you will be given loaners etc, if you need them.

Good luck.

larryone
February 16th, 2006, 00:46
Thanks for the heads up! A couple of months ago I was considering an RS6 that was not CPO'd and at that time did speak with the service manager at Richmond Audi who was willing to sell me an extended warranty, however I never did get to the next question..."Are you still certified for the RS6?" Without reinforcing the meaning of the word "assume", I will confirm tomorrow.

Larry

larryone
February 19th, 2006, 02:50
Well... I guess I could say it was all Nene's fault when he intially replied "What wrong with silver?"

I drove up to Tischer Audi in MD this morning and by this afternoon was driving home in a Dayton Grey/Silvertone RS6.

Seriously, if it wern't for all your comments regarding the vehicle, dealers, etc. I doubt I would have made the plunge at this time.

What a wonderful car! I was impressed with the transacton at Tischer as well. Of course they must have thought I fell off the turnup truck, but I was fortunate to have a Audi vetran of some years handle the sale.

My only problem is that put new tires on, (Dunlop RS 9000's), and while the rears were quite the front tires more than made up for them in road noise. Unbelieveable!

Again, thanks to all.

Larry

Tom C
February 20th, 2006, 15:00
Larry:

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your beautiful ride!!!

Tom

Benman
February 20th, 2006, 15:18
Originally posted by Tom C
Larry:

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your beautiful ride!!!

Tom
Yes, Congrats!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

mmaturo
February 20th, 2006, 17:11
Congrats!! Good choice. You will love the car.

Mark