PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 engine...

Qriouz
February 9th, 2006, 17:06
According to this swedish site ==>http://www.automotorsport.se/nyhetsmall.asp?version=29303
The new RS6 will definitly have the V10 bi-turbo with atleast 600 bhp....

tailpipe
February 9th, 2006, 17:40
If you want reliable information about the engine in the next RS6, then you need to look at this site and then post it on the Swedish site. Not the other way round.

Search the forum and you'll soon find out about the RS6 engine!

:bye: :applause: :D

Benman
February 9th, 2006, 17:58
Originally posted by tailpipe
If you want reliable information about the engine in the next RS6, then you need to look at this site and then post it on the Swedish site. Not the other way round.

Search the forum and you'll soon find out about the RS6 engine!

:bye: :applause: :D
"crickets" thread is one!!!:wo: :bow: :heart:

Ben:addict:

Qriouz
February 9th, 2006, 22:42
Erik wrote this in the crickets thread: by requoting AMS who quoted sources in Ingolstadt.

The next RS6 will have a V10 turbo AND compressor and 600 hp.

This engine is supposed to be used in the LeMans quattro as well.

This engine type (turbo + compressor) is used by the new Golf, but the news release was not so big. My guess then was that they are saving it for something else within the VAG (=Audi).

Let's hope...at least it's some more wood for the fire.

Autumn 2007 - Next RS6 release.

And that is exacly what it says on that page!

alex_s3
February 10th, 2006, 13:06
Insane if its correct ;)

clam
February 11th, 2006, 06:03
I doubt that info is correct. The mechanical compressor is only needed in a small engine that doesn't move enough air mass to spool up even a small turbo.

Bigger engines can easily handle a twin turbo (small+big) or bi-turbo (2xmedium) set-up. 600hp from a 5.2 V10 is no problem. Hell, you can do it with a couple of cams (though it would destroy the powerband). There won't be a lack of airflow, so there is no reason for a compressor. It would just leech power.
Although VAG has been known to develop engines that were more a curiosity than an efficient innovation, I don't think the RS6 will feature a superfluous supercharger.

"quoted sources in Ingolstadt"
I think what we're seeing here is a German attempt at developing a sense of humor. Twin Charged V10, haha, good stuff.
:eye:

Qisha
February 12th, 2006, 08:54
I think what we're seeing here is a German attempt at developing a sense of humor. Twin Charged V10, haha, good stuff.

Different Set-ups have been reported as "under research", the V10 Bi-Turbo with 650PS is the most seriously Option.