Tech Pkg $2400.00
20" wheels $1600.00
sky roof $1850.00
Nav $1800.00
Cricket Leather $1000.00
Tow pkg $550.00
Trunk tie down sys $250.00

4.2 Q7 "Premium" starts at $59,900.00

All of the above comes standard (save 20" wheels which are now a $800.00 option and tow pkg [same price]). Also, Air Suspension is same price for both ($2600.00).

What I'm not getting is the fact that you can get a "base" 4.2 Q7 and then build it for less than the 4.2 "premium" with all the same options. (about $1000.00 difference). My question, although $1K is no big deal, what is the incentive of the "Premium" over the regular base 4.2 Q7? Are there options simply not available on the base model that the Premium has? Usually, a premium model makes it worthwhile to buy, by having all options in bulk, i.e., cheaper than if you bought all the options seperately. But in this case, it seems Audi is not doing it that way?

Any thoughts?

Ben:addict:

Benman
February 9th, 2006, 19:55
Originally posted by Benman

Any thoughts?

Well, that answers that...

AndyBG
February 10th, 2006, 04:29
Ben,

what ever you deside, i am with you!

:D

Benman
February 10th, 2006, 15:53
Originally posted by AndyBG
Ben,

what ever you deside, i am with you!

:D
I knew if I complained, someone would post a reply!:p
:cheers:

Audihead
February 16th, 2006, 17:23
I have the pdf's for pricing. If you know someone at Audi you can get invoice pricing for employees. Yes, they have a program. Noone talks about it though.

Benman
February 16th, 2006, 19:28
Originally posted by Audihead
I have the pdf's for pricing. If you know someone at Audi you can get invoice pricing for employees. Yes, they have a program. Noone talks about it though.

Thanks, have the pdf. I don't know anyone at Audi (only at quattro GmbH) so doubt I'll get any discount off retail. Haven't heard of any discounts yet. Are folks your way getting dicounts off sticker at their dealers?

Audihead
February 17th, 2006, 20:03
Haven't heard of any discounts yet. Are folks your way getting discounts off sticker at their dealers?

Yes. Me, on the 2.0T Avant. Also the Q7 is included for the Employee friends and family plan, which is dealer invoice.

Benman
February 17th, 2006, 21:08
Yes. Me, on the 2.0T Avant. Also the Q7 is included for the Employee friends and family plan, which is dealer invoice.

Well that is really good to hear.:thumb:

Now, if I just new somebody that works at an Audi dealer here in So Cal...:D

It's cool. I was prepared to pay full retail on the Q7 when I told the Mrs. we'd get one for her. Don't get me wrong, a discount would be awesome, but unfortunately, I'm not well connected enough to qualify for the "Employee friends and family plan". :cry: If I was, I'd certainly take advantage of it, especially since I'll have to pay for my own maintenance! :(

Audihead
February 17th, 2006, 23:09
It's cool. I was prepared to pay full retail on the Q7 when I told the Mrs. we'd get one for her. Don't get me wrong, a discount would be awesome, but unfortunately, I'm not well connected enough to qualify for the "Employee friends and family plan". :cry: If I was, I'd certainly take advantage of it, especially since I'll have to pay for my own maintenance! :(

You have a PM.

Benman
February 17th, 2006, 23:16
You have a PM.
Word! :cheers:

eazy
February 21st, 2006, 12:26
According to Inside Line (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109356) a turbodiesel variant and a gas-electric hybrid will come in model-year 2008.

Benman
February 21st, 2006, 17:00
Originally posted by eazy
According to Inside Line (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109356) a turbodiesel variant and a gas-electric hybrid will come in model-year 2008.

Thanks.

That writer is an duber.

"What this means to you: If you thought the VW Touareg was pricy, wait until you see the stickers on its Audi cousin."

What an idiot. Has he priced Touaregs lately? A fully decked out TReg is $60K+! For a VW!

Now lets see... the Audi has more power, more room, better fuel economy (remains to be seen), more options and yet is only a couple grand more! And to boot, you will not be getting stuck behind the fifteen billion Golf and Jetta owners in the service drive!:p What a door nob.

Anyway...

The deisel is great. Problem is it is an entire year and a half out! I don't mind waiting a few months after launch (to get delayed options/ correct vehicle configuration), but a year and a half? That will be too tuff to hold back the Mrs. for that long. She's been patient as it is. It's time for me to pay the piper.:D

gjg
February 21st, 2006, 21:34
V10 TDI in Towrag is pretty nice .... most likely n/a in "green" CA ... :doh:

Benman
February 21st, 2006, 21:38
Originally posted by gjg
V10 TDI in Towrag is pretty nice .... most likely n/a in "green" CA ... :doh:
Yeah, totally SUCKS!!! That would be my choice.

I really don't want to wait for the TDI and then have to "settle" for the 3.0TDI.:( If I was going the deisel route, i'd want the Big Daddy that can pull tree stumps out of the ground!

Since big boy deisels aren't coming this way, 4.2FSI it will be.:thumb:

Benman
February 21st, 2006, 23:42
Originally posted by gjg
V10 TDI in Towrag is pretty nice

BTW George, I just read that the standard transmission for the Q7 (4.2FSI and 3.0TDI are the same) can handle up to 750Nm without mods!!!

Do I hear a 4.2TT RS 6 conversion? :MTM: :hihi: Who needs deisel!:p