PDA

View Full Version : RS4 V8 MTM Kompressor.....

Mr Balsen
January 30th, 2006, 22:51
Yes, you can start dreaming because the first prototype exists. I have seen it at the very early stage. And amazingly a very few pictures are now available:

http://www.mtmfrance.com/news/DSC03995_1.jpg

The rest is here:
http://www.mtmfrance.com/news/index.php

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

AndyBG
January 30th, 2006, 23:50
I was just wandering is MTM going to make some Turbo/Kompressor kit, and her come you posting the exact thing.

I can just imagine 0-200 km/h time for this car.

CarbonFibre
January 31st, 2006, 01:30
:hahahehe:

Julz RS4
January 31st, 2006, 03:35
Very cool news ! Thanks Fred to informed us of this RS4 V8 MTM Kompressor project. :thumb: :rs4addict

Ruergard
January 31st, 2006, 09:18
OMG.... :hahahehe:

That car will definetely fly! No doubt about it, can't wait to hear that V8 with the sound of a compressor toooo! :D

GO MTM! :mech:

eazy
January 31st, 2006, 10:28
Does anybody know why mtm develops an increased number of superchargers lately, and not so much turbochargers? ?

CarbonFibre
January 31st, 2006, 10:30
Originally posted by eazy
Does anybody know why mtm develops an increased number of superchargers lately, and not so much turbochargers?
There's no room for turbos and plumbing in that engine bay but there is for a supercharger.

Mr Balsen
January 31st, 2006, 11:30
Carbonfibre is correct. But MTM is developping Turbocharger mainly for the V8 engine.

At the same time there is now kits for the 2,0l TFSI. And wait the V10 Turbo for the RS6 to see what will happen after.....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

eazy
January 31st, 2006, 13:11
Thanks for that information.

alex_s3
January 31st, 2006, 14:07
Cool ;)

Benman
January 31st, 2006, 16:09
Thanks for the post Mr. Balsen.:thumb:

Does anyone know @ how much weight the SC set up adds to the front end of the :rs4addict ?

Ben:addict:

D-Unit
February 1st, 2006, 05:13
Niiiiiiiiice!!!

It seems like MTM will finally give audi fans the RS4 they really waited for. I mean waiting almost 4 years to see a HP augmentation from 380 to 414 was a bit disappointing even if the new RS4 is WAY more than just a 34 HP upgrade...

Can't wait to see that final product!

Gabriel6th
February 1st, 2006, 15:59
I would prefer to see a turbo application for the V8 but I am glad that tuners have already gotten busy with the V8. Why put more load on the crank of such a rev-happ y engine though?

Duma
February 3rd, 2006, 22:24
:MTM: :MTM:

M3 owner
February 6th, 2006, 22:05
Personally,I'd leave it stock.
If i was going to do anything maybe I'd just change the exhaust system.If my memory serves me correct,APR claimed that they could get an additional 40 torgue from a exhaust change on the B6 S4.I'd rather do something mild like that then supercharging. An additional 40 torgue is allot & they may be able 2 get more torgue out of the RS4's engine.
Supercharging would b too risky down here,there r no decent euro tuners.

CarbonFibre
February 6th, 2006, 23:59
Originally posted by M3 owner
Personally,I'd leave it stock.
If i was going to do anything maybe I'd just change the exhaust system.If my memory serves me correct,APR claimed that they could get an additional 40 torgue from a exhaust change on the B6 S4.I'd rather do something mild like that then supercharging. An additional 40 torgue is allot & they may be able 2 get more torgue out of the RS4's engine.
Supercharging would b too risky down here,there r no decent euro tuners.
I'd love to see the dyno plot on that one. 40 lb. ft. is a lot for any car not to mention one that's naturally aspirated.

5000S old skool
February 7th, 2006, 03:03
Supercharger for the RS4 V8?? Im guessing this kit would include lower compression pistons?? Isnt the compression ratio for the RS4 much to high for any kind of forced induction??

CarbonFibre
February 7th, 2006, 07:13
Originally posted by 5000S old skool
Supercharger for the RS4 V8?? Im guessing this kit would include lower compression pistons?? Isnt the compression ratio for the RS4 much to high for any kind of forced induction??
Well sometimes they just run low boost and the motor can still do fine, but the power increases would be smaller and wouldn't really be worth all the extra equipment. I know people that said this about the compression ratio on the E46 M3, but that didn't stop people from making blowers without compression modifications.

clam
February 8th, 2006, 21:13
Originally posted by 5000S old skool

A lot of tuners put spacers between the block and the cylinder head to achieve a lower compression ration.
HPG/HPA does this for their VR6 turbo engines, and they seem to work fine.

Audihead
February 9th, 2006, 15:51
Cool, someone put this on their car! I can't wait to see what the repair bill for a non-warranty RS4 motor will be.:D :rs4addict

clam
February 9th, 2006, 16:37
Originally posted by Audihead
Cool, someone put this on their car! I can't wait to see what the repair bill for a non-warranty RS4 motor will be.:D :rs4addict

MTM have their own warrenty. This is German tuning. Not some small town mechanic trying to make some extra money by installing a supercharger he bought on ebay.

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=7

...from this it would seem the warranty is free for new vehicles, and you have to pay a small contribution if the vehicle is already a couple of years old when the work is done.

Audihead
February 9th, 2006, 16:57
I sure hope they will cover the new engine in the U.S. if it goes. The only importer in the U.S. is Hoppen Motorsports in Florida. It would really suck if you had to have your car shipped somewhere to have it fixed. In Europe this might be a more viable option, but here in the States I would be very worried.:mech: :rs4addict

The guarantee applies in germany. If the vehicle is transitory not in the area, the guarantee applies in Europe.

clam
February 9th, 2006, 19:04
The Hoppen website is kind of a mess, so I can't tell if they offer the same kind of garantee that MTM in gives in Europe.
But if the workmenship is the same level as MTM Germany, you probably won't need a warrant.

By the time the supercharger is available on your side of the pond, there will be several MTM RS4s on the road here, perhaps even on this board. They can tell you whether bits will fall off. The supercharged 500hp MTM S4s seem to be doing fine.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_1980.shtml

Audihead
February 9th, 2006, 20:50
Can't wait to see one. It sure sounds like a mean beast.:0: :rs4addict

gnomik007
March 1st, 2006, 05:33
I am sure MTM will figure out a way to go over 500hp on this engine,but how badly would reliability of the engine suffer? If such kit comes out RS4 should be good for some true speed.I suppose minimum of 550/570 hp,considering the fact that they get 500hp from the S4 engine.Lets only hope that there will be enough shassis excellence from RS4 to cope with such power, and if it does its GREAT.

:rs4addict

AndyBG
March 7th, 2006, 21:34
I just watched on german TV DSF show called ''TUNING TV'', and they featured this car, driver was ex WRC star Armin Schwarz, and driving took place on big snow course.

They said it has 500 hp, but i didn't heard any other figures (tourque, performance data...)

But i heard SOUND of it, man that is some houl under that carbon bonnet.
I am afraid it says:

E55, GO HOME!!!

:D

Erik
March 7th, 2006, 22:13
Originally posted by AndyBG
I heard SOUND of it, man that is some houl under that carbon bonnet.
I am afraid it says:

E55, GO HOME!!!

Hehe! Isn't it nice when cars talk? :rs4addict :MTM:

AndyBG
March 7th, 2006, 23:07
Originally posted by Erik
Hehe! Isn't it nice when cars talk? :rs4addict :MTM:

This one defenetly do that!

;)

Erik
July 10th, 2006, 11:47
http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/100_2209_1.jpg

:hahahehe:

dxben
July 10th, 2006, 13:59
How could it only have 500hp when the MTM S4 had 500hp?

Also any idea what kind of torque it will create?

Mr Balsen
July 10th, 2006, 16:46
Erik,

Are you sure it is an RS4 engine ?

I will say it is an S4 V8 engine......

Cheers,
Frederic

RSA4
July 10th, 2006, 19:27
Originally posted by Mr Balsen
Erik,

Are you sure it is an RS4 engine ?

I will say it is an S4 V8 engine......

Cheers,
Frederic

Ya me to

Erik
July 10th, 2006, 20:15
I never said what engine it was :p ;)

Probably S4

dxben
July 10th, 2006, 20:18
I would seriously consider dropping dimage on this thing if i could be sure of serveral things:

a) that any work on the engine would be covered by their warranty

b) that i wouldn't have to travel more than 150 miles to get that service

c) that it would not hurt the long term health of the car nor hurt its resale value, and providing that it is not hard to return the car to stock form should i need to trade it in...

i think it would be really fun to dust an M5 past the 90mph mark and see the look on their faces (in my rear view mirror)..

sadly i get the feeling that this MTM SC is not something that will be very prevelant in the states.

are there any good eurotuners in the NY Metro area? that are as reliable as MTM?

GmbHouse
July 12th, 2006, 22:27
In the past the MTM warranty on the vehicle was not available in the US through Hoppen (or anyone else). I doubt that has changed. They did give me a small discount on the replacement turbos for the ones that blew (because it was chipped, according to Audi). It's different in Germany.

dxben
July 12th, 2006, 22:36
It sucks being a Euro car fan in America :(

Leadfoot
July 12th, 2006, 22:48
The warranty is a big problem when you tune any car. Yes all car companies build in a tolerance in to their parts, be it transmission or brakes, but the problem is knowing how much. I know Brabus engineer a lot a it's parts in-house to cope with the extra power they tune into their engines.

Do MTM or any of the German Audi Tuners engineer any parts or do they just use standard Audi parts?

Mr Balsen
July 12th, 2006, 23:12
MTM is building its own parts for their kits.

Cheers,
Frederic

The RS6
July 14th, 2006, 15:37
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_2349.shtml

What about this little thing? :revs: