PDA

View Full Version : RS4 test drive today

Fab
January 27th, 2006, 18:14
What can I say ? JUST AN UNBELIEVABLE CAR :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

As you probably remember I attended the RS4 days in Switzerland last September and it was great. But honestly today's test drive was just an insane experience. As if I was driving the RS4 for the first time. What a different feeling to drive it on open road.

THIS CAR IS SIMPLY GREAT. WHOW :bow:

Got the car at my dealer : red misano, normal suspension set up, recaro seats. First impression : the Recaro are great seat (I tested the RS seats last September), the steering wheel is great.

It took me 15 minutes to pick up my wife and go out of Geneva : First impression everybody is looking at you or turning his head when hearing the sound of the beast :king: . Honestly I am wondering if the RS I tested previously on track had the same engine noise while diving. THE SOUND INSIDE THE CAR IS JUST AMAIZING, REALLY AMAIZING.

We took the highway for about 20 km. the car is confortable. Compared to my S4 ABT 310cv torque is not as strong in 4,5 and 6th gear while driving low rev at about 100 km/h which is absolutely normal. However when you go down in gear the power is IMMEDIATE and the car pushes really hard. The quick response of the throttle is incredible and I love it compared to my S4 turbo lag. Despite my previous comment torque is always present and just by a soft pedal touch the car becomes a rocket. Just great how you get pleasure driving it (sorry to repeat it again :D )

Then small country roads and full power : How can I describe the second gear ? It is soooooo powerfull, soooo powerfull. The third gear is incredible in the way the car pulls, pulls, pulls, as if the 3rd gear never ends. You finally reach the red zone and you are at about 160 km/h !!!. Sorry the road is already finished :D and you brake : great brakes, great handling, even if at 0 degree the summer tires were not in best conditions....

In my opinion and after having tested both seats and suspensions I will definitely go for the Recaro seats (good confort , nice looking) and for the standard suspensions (more than enough for my use, good compromise between efficiency and confort).

Honestly, I've been also wondering about my choice to buy the new RS4 despite my order given to the dealer in April 2003. Of course Delivery delay, new cars from competition, new M3, etc... make me and some of you wonder about it. But after this great test drive believe me guys THERES IS NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS RS4 BEING THE BEST AUDI EVER MADE SIMPLY GREAT.

You get so much fun while driving it. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SOUND (sorry again) I am definitely in love with it can't wait to see the avant in Geneva and finalize my order. The dealer still tells me June for first avant delivery in Switzerland. By the way I will be there on the press day 1st of March. Anybody else planning to be there ?

How am I going to spleep tonight I don't know:bigeyes: WELL DONE AUDI, WELL DONE, GREAT CAR :bow:

yetis
January 27th, 2006, 18:20
Ok, so let me get this straight, you liked it? :D

Benman
January 27th, 2006, 18:21
Originally posted by Fab
What can I say ? JUST AN UNBELIEVABLE CAR :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

THERES IS NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS RS4 BEING THE BEST AUDI EVER MADE SIMPLY GREAT.

How am I going to spleep tonight I don't know:bigeyes: WELL DONE AUDI, WELL DONE, GREAT CAR :bow:
Fab,

Great write up!:thumb:

You sound like Jeremy Clarkson!:hihi:

Seriously, I was just as impressed when I was in the car on the country roads. I can only imagine driving it. I think that the more people that actually take delivery and experience it for themselves, the more believers there will be.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

Ruergard
January 27th, 2006, 22:16
Great write up! THX for sharing! :0:

ohhh, can't wait to see one of these beasts in reality and hear that screaming V8 rev over 8000 rpm's! :revs:

:rs4addict

krm
January 28th, 2006, 12:38
Thanks for your review, certainly seems like one exciting piece of driving machine! :rs4addict

Finnus
January 28th, 2006, 23:58
Fab,

Graet write-up. Can you describe the difference in handling from the S4 with the RS4 40/60 bias?

Finnus
:addict:

nene
January 29th, 2006, 05:04
Can't wait to see it in person. Great stuff Fab!

jasaretta
January 29th, 2006, 11:45
Fantastic reoport! I keep re-reading it - and everything else i can get my hands on...The wait is KILLING me !!!

QuattroFun
January 30th, 2006, 17:49
Fab,

Great write up & sounded like a blast - thx!

But where did you exactly get the chance to try the plus sports suspension? It is unclear to me from the story.

Julz RS4
January 31st, 2006, 03:37
Thanks Fab to share with us your B7 RS4 experience. :0: