PDA

View Full Version : ?Top Speed?

luv2xlr8
March 4th, 2003, 23:29
Does anyone know what the fastest anyone has got the RS6 moving? I think i remember them saying on the Top Gear show that it had a 155mph speed limiter, can that be disabled? Thanks. :incar: :race:

jconley
March 5th, 2003, 13:26
Disabled through a chip maybe, but all reviews I have read have said the factory 155mph limiter is "generous" and that 160-170 is easily doable

Erik
March 5th, 2003, 18:46
Unchipped but with the so called 'V max' removed by some tuner I think you can expect around 300 km/h.

Chipped I think you can expect sometinh around 300-310 km/h max. Enough? :hihi:

Erik
March 5th, 2003, 21:11
I am not sure how reliable this data is as I doubt the stage 3-4 are finished yet.

http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/english/mau_v_rs6.html

Maximum speed:
Original - Stage 1 - 4

250* 307 - 311 - 314 - 318 (km/h)

kye
March 6th, 2003, 09:06
as far as i can say its limited at 5600rpm in the highest gear what means 266 km/h with 19" tires, quattro gmbh says unlimited it would be 302km/h

gnomik007
March 7th, 2003, 04:25
I have accelerated my baby to its maximum and it is somewhere around 260 km/h.the speed is good,but to stop our beauties we definately need to do something about the brakes.THEY SUCK:MTM:

jimmy94507
March 7th, 2003, 04:40
Tell us more about what is wrong with the brakes.

gnomik007
March 7th, 2003, 04:52
It is just that when you go realy realy fast yeah,you suppose that the brakes are adequate to the power of the car.But in this case when you go fast the brakes simply do not stop the vehicle as u expect them to.I mean of course they are better than an average braking system on an average sedan,but we are talking about the almighty :addict: here.Once I simply could not stop and had to go through a crossroad on red light and another time I was lucky to stay alive :bow: And dont get me wrong,I drive not for one year and had many cars before this one,so I feel how and when to push brakes.
As the verdict I would say that the brakes are perfect for fast driving,but if you like to take your baby to extremes and imagine yourself Shumacher,than u definately need to upgrade it to something else,and dont forget about the overheating of the brakes that was talked so much about earlier in the forum.Good luck :race:

Speedracer
March 7th, 2003, 17:39
Originally posted by gnomik007
Once I simply could not stop and had to go through a crossroad on red light and another time I was lucky to stay alive :bow: And dont get me wrong,I drive not for one year and had many cars before this one,so I feel how and when to push brakes.

Man, you are crazy!