PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Avant

reimon
January 24th, 2006, 08:29
Good morning everyone!

As I said on my first post in the forum, I was after the rs4 avant which will be on the market end of this year, supossely....

Sooo, I´ve got a couple of questions?

- Will the new rs4 avant have exactly the same especifications as the rs4 sedan or will there be anything new? (dsg, different options, ...)

- Aproximately, what would be the difference between both in total weight?

Thanks!!!

tailpipe
January 24th, 2006, 20:46
Reiman,

There's an awful lot of stuff that's been written about the RS4 Avant elsewhere on the forum, which is why probably why no one has bothered to post a reply. But, I've taken pity on you. Here's an answer to your questions...

The RS4 Avant will be mechanically similar to the Saloon version, i.e. it won't have DSG on anything else exotic on it. It has taken longer to come to market because they've had quite a job reducing the weight. But it is coming and the latest indication is that we will see it at the Geneva Auto Show in March.

Personally, I hope that Audi will put something extra into this car, to compensate us for the long delay, (it should have been here in September), but I'm not holding my breath.

So long as the Avant isn't significantly heavier than the Saloon, it should provide slingshot performance.

Fab
January 25th, 2006, 08:16
Great news, great news :heart: