PDA

View Full Version : Lambo Murci - A dream becomes a nightmare

leblanc
January 24th, 2006, 00:20
http://www.lambounfall.de/images/3.jpg
Driving mistake or material defect on a straight Autobahn at about 68% of maximum speed and a skilled driver on board?
Be your own judge!

http://www.lambounfall.de/indexe.html

:confused:

Benman
January 24th, 2006, 01:21
That is a nightmare! Were the passengers OK?

Ben:addict:

clam
January 24th, 2006, 13:50
Interesting. It says he found a broken brake disk. It's also possible, and not uncommon, that the disk was warped due to a bad installation. If he then performed a hard brake, perhaps with cold brakes, then it could easily crack.

If only one of the front wheels braked, then the front diff would send all the power to the unrestricted wheel (there's no LSD function up front, AFAIK). That could cause a sudden change in direction.

Seems like the guy is sitting with the wreck in his garage. So he didn't get the full insurance cover. That's gotta suck.

JavierNuvolari
January 24th, 2006, 17:06
WOW...I must say that's sad to read such a sad story. How come doesn't Lambo answer his letters...how about all the issues mentioned on that letter, for example the one regarding the Gallardo's e-Gear...or the one about the bolts in his Murcielago...wow..I never thought that this would be possible on such a well known manufacturer.

Is it possible that the Lambo he bought was one of the firsts?? and that's why there were quality issues? I mean for what I've read manufacturer work on the cars bugs after they released them into the market.

Glad to hear the driver was ok( any news on the passenger?).

Javier

CarbonFibre
January 24th, 2006, 20:24
I would have more sympathy had he bought the car new. You never know what a previous owner has done to a car. For all we know the car was a salvage from another bad accident and it was covered up and resold (although somewhat unlikely). Maybe the car was on the track way too much and the brakes were just ready to go. There is so many things we don't know besides what happened in the accident (which is already enough unknowns).

According to experts tire failure didn't happen and the aftermarket wheels also didn't have anything to do with the accident. In fact they look like they were of very good quality because none of them broke, they were only deformed by the impact.
It could be possible that the aftermarket wheels were the wrong fitment for the vehicle as owners of these cars may be rich, but not necessarily informed that only certain wheels will work properly. My brother totaled a Ferrari 360 Modena driving it hard because the car had aftermarket wheels in the wrong fitment/offset or w/e and had been in a very bad crash previously that was covered up and shipped over state lines.