PDA

View Full Version : RS6 = Range Rover

Aronis
January 20th, 2006, 14:49
Sorry to say this but after seeing so many little 'issues' with various RS6's and the relatively little repair experience by each individual dealer I am relegating my RS6 to the same class as a Range Rover.

Quote from a salesman at The Automasters in Burlington New York.

"If you live more than 45 mintues from your Range Rover Dealer, Don't buy one."

Same thing for an RS6. My DRC system has failed, and I have to drive 8 hours round trip to have them 'look at it' before they will order any parts.

Let's see $85,000 car buyer = probably a good customer perhaps repeat customer...so problem with car, let's call to see who else has seen this from the list of RS6 dealers or perhaps call Germany..find out what parts would be needed..order them ALL....call customer in for visit AND repair the same trip. Then if the extra parts are not needed, MY GOD they'd have to eat the SHIPPING Cost .....oh my GOD....what maybe $100.00, what about my gas for the double round trip to the dealer and my "WORTHLESS" time.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

What's next 'power loss?'

Mike

iconcls
January 20th, 2006, 21:09
Hang around here a bit to put things in perspective:

Another High Performance Sedan (http://www.m5board.com/)

Benman
January 20th, 2006, 21:31
iconcls makes a good point. No, I don't think it's right that your experience is starting to suck, no, it's not right that your dealer is too lazy (or just plain doesn't care enough) to ship the parts ahead of time for you, and no, you shouldn't spend $85K on a car and get an unreliable experience in return. But maybe this is really how it is for all Hi Po cars. The lemon ratio just seems to soar as the cars get more and more expensive?

I'm not sure as this is by far the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned, but it seems you hear a lot about M5s, E55s, and RS 6s having "issues". Not to even mention the exotics... I can say this, if mine starts to take a crap on me, it will be the last Hi Po Audi that I'll go out and buy. Heck, Bauer's extremely heavily tuned S4 seems to have a better reliability rating! It sucks to hear about the members here having problems with their Beasts. It makes it all the sadder when these people have spent close to $100K on a car, only to have this experience! Maybe regular is better?

But dang, every time I fire the Beast up and take it for a drive...:dance:

Ben:addict:

CarbonFibre
January 20th, 2006, 23:54
A lot of less expensive cars are more reliable than more expensive ones. The Japanese cars are all usually cheaper than German ones and are usually a lot more reliable (save compared to Porsche), but they are also often boring (and the ones that aren't they don't even sell here).*

It's not a given, but a car is more likely to break something if it's pushing the envelope in performance than some econobox with a low power, low displacement 4 banger.

*At least they sell the STi and Evo here now

Originally posted by Aronis
What's next 'power loss?'
This wouldn't surprise me with the problems others on here have had. :doh:

Aronis
January 21st, 2006, 00:03
No just yet, I have 23 more months on my lease.

But having the DRC fail so early really makes the prospects of keeping the car after the lease very very low even if the financial situation changes.

I priced the parts, about $4000.00, but you can swap for a Bilstein setup for about $1700 and forgo the DRC.

I would not be so concerned had any dealer I called had a prior experience repairing this, or better OFFERED to call around themselves to find out which dealer in the US has fixed one.

This is less of a problem if you live near an RS6 dealer.

Oh S H I T as I was typing this I had to recheck RS6 dealer locator....

(Put self degrading comment here)

There is an RS6 certified dealership just 33 miles from my new home location! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<YES>>>>>>>>>

Bill Cooke Imports, Ithaca New York.

How sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt

That will save me a lot of grief.

I am somewhat happy now, or happier at least.....:dance: :360: :D :p :doh:

Mike

:race: