PDA

View Full Version : F430 Barred From Usa?

Sander
January 20th, 2006, 08:05
A respected US website is reporting that Ferrari's F430 may be barred from sale in the USA because its airbags don't protect women and children well enough in certain scenarios.

The website - Inside Line - reports, "the F430 lacks sufficient protection for a small number of female occupants who aren't strapped into the correct position in the event of a crash. The same problem applies to child occupants."

Unless Ferrari can obtain a waiver from the US authorities, delivery of F430 models to dealers will have to cease by September 1st this year.

As a workaround the authorities have suggested to Ferrari that they supply dealers with enough cars by September for them to sell for two years! Ferrari say that this isn't logistically possible as F430 production is flat out already.

:w: Only in America this is possible

freerider
January 20th, 2006, 10:10
I also heard about this. Don't know what the deal's with that. Very strange. And Ferrari already mentioned that it won't be able to make any adjustments (facelift) because of the upcoming 599 (or is it the 600?).

The thing I find strange it that the governement tells Ferrari how to override this law?!

And I rather like to be in a Ferrari when it crashes rather than Fiat Uno, nomather how many pillows the Uno has.

Greetz Johan