PDA

View Full Version : freezing

gnomik007
January 18th, 2006, 09:54
Hi everyone.This morning in Moscow temperature dropped to around -30C :) and guess it feels really COLD.My mom's Lexus doen't even attempt to start the engine:) and most of diesels on the street simply froze :).Thank you WEBASTO and my new G wagon.Wish you all luck.

ott
January 18th, 2006, 14:23
-30 C should be not that bad for gasoline engined car, probably just weak battery.

We will have up to -35 C today night, I think I will put the car into warm garage for overnight, to avoid unneccesary wear tomorrow morning when starting it up.

mr
January 18th, 2006, 14:36
wow ... that's REALLY cold ... and i thought -20 °C (which were reached last week) was cold ... wow.
are such temperatures common in moscow / Estonia ???

rgds
mr

JavierNuvolari
January 18th, 2006, 15:40
HAHAHA...dude...that cold really sucks...here in Chile we have now about 35º every-damn-day. Summer time. In the winter it doesn't get cold like your home country unless you go to the south...like really south...Punta Arenas city. BTW I live in the central valley so in the winter it does'nt get too cold(around -2º...top) and yes..if it get cold I got some really nice red wine:hihi:.

Anyway, good luck with the winter in that side of the world, after all I've read that's kinda dangereous to go out in such low temperatures.

Cheers from Chile( where I'm cooking myself @ 30º right now):bye: ,

Javier

ott
January 18th, 2006, 15:49
Here it's not common, as we are near the sea. January AVG is appr. -5. But once or twice during winter we get cold wave for few days or even for week. In Moscow temperatures are lower because of continental climate.

High humidity is, what is killing here in Estonia. Our -10 feels worse, than -30 somewhere in Siberia or Lappland.

ott
January 18th, 2006, 15:57
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari
BTW I live in the central valley so in the winter it does'nt get too cold(around -2º...top) and yes..if it get cold I got some really nice red wine:hihi:.
Javier

Lucky you ! :) I was in Chile few years ago, but went from Santiago to the north, San Pedro de Atacama and such places. It was in May, so there was not that warm anymore.

BTW. I think, I got currently few bottles of red wine from Central Valley in my basement. Should look into it in the evening - does it really help against cold ? At our place we use russian vodka for this purpose.:dance:

JavierNuvolari
January 18th, 2006, 18:07
Originally posted by ott
Lucky you ! :) I was in Chile few years ago, but went from Santiago to the north, San Pedro de Atacama and such places. It was in May, so there was not that warm anymore.

BTW. I think, I got currently few bottles of red wine from Central Valley in my basement. Should look into it in the evening - does it really help against cold ? At our place we use russian vodka for this purpose.:dance:

Yes, lucky me :D. As matter a fact I live right next to Cousiño Macul vineyards. Nice to hear that you came by, for next time may recomend visit the central valley and the wine route( a must ;) ) as well as the south, cities like Puerto Varas, Puerto Montt and the Chiloe island.

As for your question...mmm...yes it helps, I think it does because the tempatures here are not so low. There's another national drink called "Pisco" wich is much, much stronger...but I rather have some nice red wine and a tasty cheese :thumb: .

Cheers mate,

Javier

ott
January 18th, 2006, 20:16
"Pisco Sour", I remember that ! :hahahehe:

Erik
January 18th, 2006, 20:43
Heard it on the news.

To bad I'm going to Mallorca on Saturday... :bye: :hihi:

alex_s3
January 19th, 2006, 11:28
Only one upside with cold weather.. more cooling to the intercoolers:)

AndyBG
January 19th, 2006, 15:43
Hey gnomik007,

how "G"elandewagen perform in that record low for many years, just watched in news headlines about cold in Russia.

I hear people complaining about -5, but

!!! (-30C) !!!

that is serious!

JavierNuvolari
January 19th, 2006, 16:47
Originally posted by ott
"Pisco Sour", I remember that ! :hahahehe:

:hihi:

Klint
January 19th, 2006, 21:51
The Day After Tomorrow? :confused:

gnomik007
January 20th, 2006, 12:13
Originally posted by ott
Here it's not common, as we are near the sea. January AVG is appr. -5. But once or twice during winter we get cold wave for few days or even for week. In Moscow temperatures are lower because of continental climate.

High humidity is, what is killing here in Estonia. Our -10 feels worse, than -30 somewhere in Siberia or Lappland.

Talking about humidity,than imagine St.Petersbug these days :)

gjg
January 21st, 2006, 04:43
Originally posted by

Talking about humidity,than imagine St.Petersbug these days

dva butylka?